This letter is written to inform the students of UCSB of a couple issues regarding this week’s men’s basketball games vs Long Beach State and UC Irvine. The game on Thursday, which is being televised live on Fox Sports West, will start at 5 p.m. Since security issues around campus have had to be re-addressed with what is going on in the world, we at the Athletic Dept. need to inform all students planning to attend the game that campus police and CSOs will not be letting anyone in with a backpack. This is not an Athletics policy, but a new policy enacted by the university. So please, if you are coming to the game, do not bring your backpack; you WILL be turned away at the door. Leave these items at home.

Second, we will be giving away free tuition for a year to one lucky student that shows up to the game this Saturday night! I’m sure everyone knows about the last time we gave away tuition, and how the one unlucky student whose name was called did not win because he wasn’t at the game. This is the last game of the year, your last chance to see these Gauchos, and admission for students is free.

There is no reason not to show up at the Thunderdome at 7 p.m. Plus, if the Gauchos win, we could be back in first place in the Big West, and one step closer to being champions! Tell your friends, get your whole house or apartment complex to the game. Do you really want to be the one that could have won free tuition for the whole year, if only you had taken two hours out of your day to attend the game that night?