A fight on the 6700 block of Del Playa Drive on Saturday night resulted in the stabbing of a 19-year-old Castro Valley man and the arrest of two Isla Vista residents.

Isla Vista Foot Patrol officers arrived at 6736 Del Playa in response to the stabbing of Justin Allen Krantz, who was laying on the ground and bleeding from his stomach and hand. Krantz was taken by ambulance to Goleta Valley Cottage Hospital, where he received treatment for his injuries.

According to reports by witnesses, Krantz was attacked while attending a party in the parking lot behind an apartment complex. A large group of people were drinking alcohol and listening to music when three young Hispanic men began attacking a fourth man. Krantz attempted to defend the fourth subject when one of the assailants allegedly pulled out a knife and stabbed Krantz. Witnesses reported that the people responsible for the stabbing had fled into the crowds on Del Playa.

Officers apprehended three suspects who matched the witnesses’ descriptions; two were juvenile I.V. residents known by officers as members of the Goleta-13 gang, because they had prior involvement in gang-related incidents. They were taken to Santa Barbara Juvenile Hall and charged with assault with a deadly weapon.

The third suspect, an 18-year-old Ventura resident, was released from custody without being charged with a crime.

— Drew Mackie