Thursday

If artistic fusion is your cup of tea, you’d be right silly to miss out on this buzzing dance and music performance featuring the Bill T. Jones/Arnie Zane Dance Company, The Chamber Music Society of Lincoln Center, and the Orion String Quartet. Expect to be dazzled with freakishly flexible beauties and classical ditties. Tickets are $25 and can be purchased by calling 893-3535 for more information. If men in tights aren’t cuttin’ it, get on down to UC Riverside to check out the legendary Roots crew, playing tonight. New material will definitely be flowing, so call (909) 787-4331 for info. Tickets start at just $10!

Friday

Stop trying to analyze your recent dreams of sludgy-yet-delicious green goop and visit the Carpinteria Avocado Festival today from 4-9 p.m. Besides free samples galore (including the new Guaca-chip), there’ll be plenty o’ live entertainment, mini golf and the new Hat Contest, where two real avocados must be displayed on one real noggin. Located on Linden Avenue, in downtown Carp. Call 684-0038 for more info. Tonight, it would be wise to get your fanny down to the Hollywood Palladium to see Queens of the Stone Age in all their glory. Show starts at 6:30 p.m. and tickets start at $21. Call (213) 480-3232 for info.

Saturday

What, besides cartoons and Lucky Charms, could make a better Saturday than strolling through the Courthouse gardens and admiring one of the top 100 art shows in the country? Fine Art Santa Barbara will showcase painting, sculpture, mixed media and photography from over 150 artists, along with tasty bites and jazz. Cruise down to 1100 Anacapa St. between 10 a.m. and 6 p.m. or call 962-6464 for more info. After the moon lights up, check out Go-Go 13 along with Joe & the Chickenheads at the Living Room. This all-ages show starts at 8 p.m. 430C South Fairview in Goleta; for more info call 564-0340

Sunday

Feed your literary bug by moseying on to the Paseo Nuevo Mall, downtown to catch art mystery writer Jonathan Santlofer as he gives a slide lecture and reads excerpts from his book, The Death Artist. The free presentation will be at 653 Paseo Nuevo and begins at 3 p.m. Call 966-5373 x 18 for further info. Tonight, UCSB will host Pulitzer Prize winning photographer David Turnley’s documentary La Tropica l about the hottest nightclub in Havana, Cuba where the working class rumba and socialize the night away. Tickets for the show, starting at 7:30 p.m., are just $5 and can be purchased through A&L by calling 893-3535.

Monday

Utensils or no, don’t let flatware decide whether or not to check out San Diego emo-boys No Knife, as they perform tonight at the Hardtofind, located at 7190 Hollister Ave. This all-ages show starts at 8 p.m. and one can check for further information. Hypersensitive tattooed white kiddies not your flavor? Not to fret. Fight the power with a stunning lineup of hip hop, including Public Enemy, Dilated Peoples and Blackalicious playing tonight at the House of Blues in W. Hollywood. Tickets for this 21+ show start at $27.50. Doors at 9 p.m. For further info, call (323) 848-5100.

Tuesday/Wednesday

Call out to all the witchy women out there: Santana, the king of guitar-lovemaking will be serenading you all with the help of salsa/rock/hip-hop favorite Ozomatli tonight at the Santa Barbara Bowl. Tickets start at $39 and can be purchased by calling 962-7411. The all-ages show starts at 6:30 p.m. Located at 1122 N. Milpas St. Also tonight, Arts & Lectures presents The Calle 54 concert, which offers heralded Latin jazz artists including Spanish pianist Chano Dominguez, who leads a sizzling flamenco-jazz fusion group. Inspired by the film Calle 54, this show begins at 8 p.m. in Campbell Hall. Tickets are $16-19.