Friday
The mysteriously titled “Techno Dance” is at The Living Room. Acquaint yourself with a local music venue, and figure out just what’s going on. Are we talking mixing? Lights? Pacifiers? Located at 430 S. Fairview Ave. in Goleta, on the way to the airport. Migrate to the other end of the musical spectrum and check out Barry Douglas, the first Western pianist in 30 years to win the Tchaikovsky International Piano Competition’s Gold Medal, at the Lobero Theatre, 33 E. Canon Perdido, where he plans to serenade you with songs like “Appassionata,” by Beethoven… mmm… Tickets range from $30.50-44.50, reserved seating only.

Saturday
Punks rejoice – if rejoicing hasn’t, like, gone commercial. New York punk rockers The Casualties bring their vibrant plumage to The Living Room tonight, along with 46 Short. Show starts at 8, and it’s all ages, so bring along the little punklings as well. Voodoo Court and Slacktone at the Surf Show of the Millennium (that’s a mouthful) are coming to the charmingly retro Mercury Lounge, in Goleta. Make matchbooks, dance with some friends, and hang ten floor-tom riffs. The Mercury Lounge is at 5871 Hollister Ave. and is 21+.

Sunday
During the day, stop by the Santa Barbara Museum of Art to check out the 1920s glamour photography of New York photographer Ruth Harriet Louise. Working for Metro-Goldwyn -Mayer when she was just 22 years old, she photographed stars like Greta Garbo, Joan Crawford and Buster Keaton – obviously, she’s not 22 any more. The museum is located at 1130 State St. Admission, with student ID, is $3. Back in the present, Ms. Jagged Little Pill herself, Alanis Morisette, will spotlight at the newly renovated Santa Barbara Bowl tonight. Admission ranges from $27.00-43.00. The SB Bowl is located at 1122 N. Milpas St., in Santa Barbara.

Monday
Please your inner flower child by attending the Afro-percussion drum circle at Casa Las Palmas in Chase Palm Park. Remember to bounce and twist arms around in the well-established “hippie dance” while these drummers slam the skins. Chase Palm Park is located at 323 E. Cabrillo Blvd., across from the ocean. After cleaning the grass off yourself, hop in the car and check out the one and only Alice Cooper at the Ventura Theatre , located at 26 S. Chestnut St. in Ventura. Once known for chopping up toy babies, he’s mellower, but still a spunky one. Tickets are $39.00-49.50.

Tuesday
The B9 record release party will be blowing up tonight at The Coach House. Their feature-length album will hit shelves soon and tonight you can expect to see them hit the stage around 9:30. The Coach House is located at 110 S. Santa Barbara St. Tickets are $7 in advance, $10 at the door. Or, if you’d rather not be so clothed-minded, the Sullivan Goss gallery at 1266 Coast Village Rd. in Montecito presents nekkid people! Or rather, its ongoing “History of the Nude in the Art of California: 1799-2002” exhibition. Call 969-5112 for more information, you naughty little doggies.

Wednesday
The big event tonight will be faux surfer chick Sheryl Crow and TRL staple Michelle Branch at the Santa Barbara Bowl, serving notice that the chick-playing-upbeat-but-inoffensive-guitar-music genre is alive and kicking. Tickets are $38.00-63.00. Or, at the Sullivan Goss gallery… oh, we already mentioned that. Still, nekkid people! Well, how about nekkid birds!? Fully garbed photographer Ralph Clevenger explains how to get owls not to flash their goofy camera smiles. “The Perfect Combination: Zoologist-Photographer,” starts at 7:30 in Farrand Hall at the Museum of Natural History, 2559 Puesta del Sol Rd.