For those looking to party on a block other than 6600 Del Playa Drive, the second annual Isla Vista Block Party will take place Saturday night to provide an alcohol-free event for the community.

The block party, which will occupy El Greco Road between Camino Pescadero and Embarcadero Del Mar, will start at 7 and end at midnight. The party will feature the band Jacaradanada, free food from Woodstock’s Pizza Parlor, three DJs, a rock-climbing wall, a giant twister board and alcohol awareness booths. Remote control cars with impaired vision glasses will be set up to recreate the experience and danger of drunk driving. The Goleta Valley Athletic Club, Mojo Coffee, Anna’s Bakery and Zodo’s Bowling and Beyond will hand out door prizes.

The free party is hosted by St. Michael’s and All Angels Episcopal Church and sponsored by UCSB and local I.V. churches and groups. Tropicana Gardens off-campus residence hall is sponsoring the musical entertainment at the event.

“We’re really excited to be part of an event of a Saturday night that is an alternative to the DP scene,” Tropicana Gardens Assistant Director Katherine Benko said.

I.V. Block Party founder and St. Michael’s Reverend Norm Freeman said last year’s accident on Sabado Tarde Road, in which four people were killed and one was severely injured, inspired the event. He said the event is focusing on uniting the community, not preaching about alcohol use.

“This is not about a religious event, it’s just providing hospitality and bringing people together,” Freeman said. “Maybe this will enable people not just to meet their neighbor from across the fence, but actually climb the rock wall together.”