THURSDAY

How can you resist a band whose latest album is called, When Bush Comes to Shove? That’s right, the Capitol Steps are performing tonight at the Lobero Theatre. These folks are a bunch of ex-Congressional staff who decided to channel their energies into songs and comedy routines about the goings-on of our national leaders. The show is at 8 p.m. Tickets are $25-35. Call 963-0761 for more information. Also tonight, Arts & Lectures presents “Ali Zaoua” a film which follows three homeless teens in Casablanca trying to give a proper burial to a friend killed by a rival gang. The film is at 7:30 in Campbell Hall.

FRIDAY

If live folk music in the vein of James Taylor is your thing, then check out David Wilcox. He’ll be bringing his singer/songwriter talents to the Lobero Theatre tonight. He promises his live performance will be more than a “15-songs-in-a-row-I-have-a-new-album-thank-you-good-night” affair. The concert begins at 7. Tickets are $24.50/20.50. In conjunction with the Henrietta Marie exhibit on at the Karpeles Manuscript Library, Dramatic Women present “Ayo’s Journey” a piece with theater, song and dance about an African 10-year-old girl traveling to the New World via slave ship. It runs until May 11 at the Center Stage Theater. Shows are Thursday-Saturday at 8 p.m. Tickets are $12-15. Call 963-0408 for more information.

SATURDAY

He’s the other living Cuban legend. His last name’s not Castro. Arts & Lectures presents classical and jazz master Arturo Sandoval, appearing tonight with his band at Campbell Hall. According to Dizzy Gillespie, “He’s one of the best. He has a very athletic style, but can play softly too. He’s got bull chops!” The band’s performance is at 8. Tickets are $35/30 general, $19/16 UCSB students. Also tonight, the Food Bank presents Shiner, Biblioteca, Houston and The Heroand the Victor tonight at the Jubilee Christian Church at 7190 Hollister Avenue. The show starts at 8. Tickets are $8/7 with canned food donation.

SUNDAY