Sheriff’s detectives rearrested a 19-year-old man suspected of armed bank robbery last Friday because they believed the suspect was going to flee Goleta in order to avoid prosecution.

Randall Menegon, who allegedly robbed the Santa Barbara Bank and Trust Feb. 25, was arrested two days later and was released after he posted the $100000 bail. Officers rearrested Menegon at his residence Friday after sheriff’s detectives acquired information that led them to believe Menegon was planning to abandon his Goleta residence in an attempt to evade the charges.

Menegon and Erik Sergott — a19-year-old suspected of driving the getaway vehicle — were arrested Feb. 27 after a witness recognized the red SUV from the robbery parked outside Menegon’s residence, which is located less than a mile from the bank.

The suspect’s parents, 47-year-old Robert Menegon and 44-year-old Cindy Menegon, were also arrested on Friday for possession of the stolen money and being an accessory to the crime.

Sheriff’s detectives recovered Menegon’s gun, a stainless steal semi-automatic, after his first arrest.

“Detectives have since learned that the handgun, a Smith & Wesson .45 caliber … had been purchased by Cindy Menegon as a Christmas gift for her son,” Sheriff’s Dept. Lt. Mike Burridge said.

Menegon was re-booked into Santa Barbara County Jail with bail set at $1 million. The court set bail at $10,000 dollars for each of his parents.