The Isla Vista Foot Patrol responded to nine fights and assaults on Friday and Saturday nights, three of which involved deadly weapons.

Two male victims were stabbed at about 2 a.m. Sunday morning on the 6600 block of Sabado Tarde Road. Both victims were transported to Cottage Hospital and treated for injuries.

“The [primary victim] was a City College student, 22 years old,” IVFP Lt. Russ Birchim said. “He was walking with [about five] friends and was confronted by about 15-20 subjects, who began yelling and screaming and challenging the victims to fight them.”

Birchim said the suspects physically confronted the other group. The SBCC student told police he felt like he had been punched, but after he was a safe distance from the group, he realized he had been stabbed.

Another victim sustained cuts on his head and back. Birchim said that by the time deputies arrived, the suspects had fled the area.

“Apparently [the victims] did nothing to provoke it; they were just attacked,” Birchim said. “The suspect was [described as] a Hispanic male, approximately 20 years old with a shaved head … Detectives are investigating the case.”

On Sunday, police arrested former Santa Barbara City College student Cameron Remmer, 21, at around 12:30 a.m. after he assaulted three people at a party at 6730 Del Playa Dr.

Remmer began yelling inflammatory comments like “sand nigger” and “white supremacists” into a microphone at the party, according to the Isla Vista Foot Patrol report.

He then struck a 21-year-old victim on the head with the microphone, resulting in a three-inch laceration. Two other 21-year-old male victims also suffered lacerations on the face.

Officers chased Remmer for a mile and a half on the beach toward the university and finally apprehended him near the UCSB lagoon.

Residents who live near Remmer filed a report against him a week ago after he made anti-Semitic comments and made the “Heil Hitler” salute on several occasions, police said.

On Friday night, UC Police Dept. officers arrested an Oxnard resident on the 6600 block of Trigo Road for possession of a deadly weapon. Birchim said officers observed the suspect, who was walking with seven other subjects, kneel down near a car, and the officers heard something rattling. The officers apprehended the suspect and discovered a loaded handgun under the vehicle.

At approximately 1 a.m. Sunday morning, IVFP deputies responded to a call from a resident on the 6700 block of Del Playa Drive, who said a male subject was attempting to steal a keg from his house. Birchim said the victim tried to stop the suspect and the suspect spit on him.

“Deputies showed up at that point and the suspect began running west on Del Playa Drive and then east on Sabado,” Birchim said. “He was caught on Sabado, and said he ran because he was scared.”

The suspect was booked for resisting arrest and the residents declined to press burglary charges. Birchim said the suspect defecated in his pants while at the Foot Patrol station.

Birchim said that on Friday the Foot Patrol also responded to a fight involving five subjects on the 700 block of Camino del Sur and another fight involving ten subjects on the 6600 block of Sabado Tarde, as well as an altercation on the 900 block of Camino Pescadero. In addition, deputies shut down a party on the 6600 block of Pasado Road after reports of fighting, and used pepper spray to disperse a crowd watching two males fight on the 6700 block of Del Playa.

Birchim said the town was unusually busy for this time of year and there also appeared to be a large amount of juveniles out both nights.

“It’s odd to have that many [fights] this time of year – we can go a weekend without any, or at most one or two,” he said.