Eenie, Meenie, Miney, Moe

At approximately 2:12 a.m. on Saturday, Jan. 19, Isla Vista Foot Patrol officers patrolling the 6600 block of Pasado Road observed an 18-year-old male standing alone next to a car.

The suspect appeared to be trying to open the locked car door by repeatedly lifting the door handle. The officers noticed he had vomit on his shirt. The officer asked if the car was his and the suspect replied, “I don’t know … It’s one of these” He indicated the row of parked cars on the street.

The suspect was arrested for public intoxication and was transported to Santa Barbara County Jail, where he was housed, pending sobriety.

Narcoleptic Ballerina

At approximately 1:02 a.m. on Sunday, Jan. 20, IVFP officers patrolling the intersection of El Embarcadero and Sabado Tarde Road observed a 22-year- old male staggering and weaving about six to eight feet from side to side.

The officers contacted the suspect and observed that he was unable to maintain his balance and was running into other people on the roadway. The officers asked the suspect where he was from and he said, “I don’t know … my friend’s house.” Officers asked the suspect if he was going home and he said, “I can make it, I’m not that drunk.”

The suspect was arrested for public intoxication.

While officers booked the suspect at the IVFP station, he was placed on a chair in the interview room. After several minutes he fell off the chair onto the floor. Officers tried to place the suspect in a seated position, but he then fell to one side and passed out on the floor.

The suspect was held at Santa Barbara County Jail, pending sobriety.

Ready to Rumble

At approximately 1:25 a.m. on Sunday, Jan. 20, IVFP officers patrolling the 6600 block of Del Playa Drive heard a 21-year-old male yelling, “I’m gonna kick ass!” Officers noticed that the male suspect was raising his arms as though he was challenging someone to a fight. However, officers noticed that the suspect did not appear to be yelling at anyone in particular.

The suspect started beating his chests with his fists. Officers approached the suspect and advised one of the suspects’ friends that he should be taken directly home.

The suspect and his friends turned northbound onto Camino Pescadero; officers heard the suspect beginning to yell again as soon as they were out of sight. The officers walked in the direction of the suspect and saw him sitting on the curb. The officers asked him why he continued to yell despite previous instruction to go home. He said he just had “too much to drink.”