Is That Your Final Answer?

At approximately 12:48 a.m. on Sunday, Oct. 28, Isla Vista Foot Patrol officers patrolling the 6600 block of Sabado Tarde Road observed a 20-year-old female being supported by two males.

When officers contacted the girl she did not know the names of the people she was walking with. When officers asked her where she lived she replied, “Two hours.” When asked a second time by the officers where she lived she repeated, “Two hours.”

Due to the fact that the girl was not able to remember her address or her phone number, the officers arrested her for public intoxication. During her arrest she said to the officers, “I don’t like talking to you because I know when I’m done.”

The girl was transported to Santa Barbara County Jail, where she was housed, pending sobriety.

Uh … It’s a Foreign Number …

At approximately 11:50 p.m. on Friday, Oct. 26, IVFP officers patrolling the 6500 block of Sabado Tarde observed a 20-year-old female staggering in the street.

The officers approached the female and asked for her phone number. The officer concluded that the suspect had made up the number, due to the fact that the telephone number she had given contained 15 digits.

The girl did not know where she was staying that night. During the arrest, the girl cried and became angry. She told the officers that she had just graduated high school and was going to miss work if she went to jail.

The suspect was arrested for public intoxication and transported to Santa Barbara County Jail, where she was housed, pending sobriety.

One Slick Smoothie

At approximately 1:02 a.m. on Saturday, Oct. 27, IVFP officers patrolling the 6700 block of Del Playa Drive found a 20-year-old male suspect sitting on a sofa in front of a house, holding a bottle of beer.

When officers contacted the suspect, they noticed his speech was slurred. The officers asked him his name and age, and he said his name was “Fullerton” and he was 21 years old. The suspect tried repeatedly to spell his name for the officers, but each time he spelled it a different way.

Finally, the suspect admitted that he had given the officers a false identity and age.

The subject was arrested for public intoxication and transported to Santa Barbara County Jail, where he was housed, pending sobriety.

Narcoleptic? I Think Not

At approximately 1:43 a.m. on Sunday, Oct.28, IVFP officers patrolling the 6700 block of Del Playa observed a 20-year-old female suspect lying on the ground near the edge of the bluff in an unconscious state.

Upon contacting the suspect, she said she had consumed “six to eight buds” and had fallen asleep because she was tired. When asked where she lived, she said she was from Huntington Beach, then later said she was from Anaheim.

When officers asked where she was staying the night, she said she was staying with a friend on “Triage.” The officers asked if she meant Trigo, but she said, “No, that wasn’t the street.”

-Compiled by Rebecca Turek