Poor, Poor College Students

At approximately 11:22 p.m. on Thursday, Oct. 18, IVFP officers heard a loud stereo playing from a residence on the 6700 block of Trigo Road.

Officers observed a 20-year-old female standing on the sidewalk with a cup of beer. The officers asked the student what was in the glass. She said, “Budweiser. We’re poor students – we have to drink what we can afford. See, it’s a pony keg of Budweiser.”

The suspect said she was 20 years old and did not have identification. She was given a citation for being a minor in possession and asked to sign the box to be released at the scene. She did not sign it and began to talk about unrelated matters. She was advised that if she refused to sign the citation she would be taken into custody and transported to the Santa Barbara County Jail. The suspect said, “Then I won’t sign it.”

The suspect was taken into custody for refusing to sign a citation. She began to cry and said, “I thought you were kidding about that.”

The suspect was transported to Santa Barbara County Jail.

Asking for It

At approximately 11:30 p.m. on Friday, Oct. 19, a 19-year-old male reported to IVFP officers that he had been making “inflammatory” comments to random people from his house on the 6500 block of Sabado Tarde Road.

He reported to the officers that an unknown male, described as approximately 6’5″ and muscular, was upset with the comments he was making and confronted him. The subject replied, “What are you going to do about it?” The unknown suspect then punched the male subject in the face. The subject lost consciousness and had to be transported to Goleta Valley Cottage Hospital.

The subject wants to press charges, although officers have advised the subject he could also be charged with words causing a violent reaction.

One, Two … Buckle My Shoe

At approximately 11:20 p.m. on Friday, Oct. 19, IVFP officers patrolling the 900 block of Embarcadero Del Norte observed an 18-year-old female fall on the sidewalk and get helped up by her friends.

Officers approached the suspect and asked her age. The suspect responded, “I’m fine.” When the officers asked the suspect how many drinks she had, she said, “One or two … three or four.” She told the officers her address was Anacapa Dorm in Isla Vista. The officers attempted to verify that she meant UCSB, but she insisted she lived in I.V. The suspect was missing a shoe and her pants were wet. She did not know where her shoe was or why she was wet.

The suspect was arrested for public intoxication and was transported to Santa Barbara County Jail, where she was housed, pending sobriety.

What’s on Your Mind?

At approximately 6:05 a.m. on Saturday, Oct. 20, Isla Vista Foot Patrol officers received a report of vandalism in the south tower of Francisco Torres.

When officers arrived at the off-campus residence hall, they observed a 19-year-old male in a “heated discussion” with a staff member. The staff member told officers he had observed the suspect spray painting one of the floors. The suspect kept interrupting the staff member and said he did not paint anything.

Officers went up to the vandalized floor and observed “numerous phallic symbols and female genitalia representations” painted and drawn all over the floor. Also, statements like “Fuck F.T.” were painted along the walls.

The suspect was arrested for vandalism and transported to Santa Barbara County Jail.

-Compiled by Ladan Moeenziai