‘Just A Good Ol’ Boy’

At approximately 12:10 a.m. on Thursday, September 13, Isla Vista Foot Patrol officers patrolling the corner of Camino Pescadero and Pasado Road observed a 21-year-old male who matched the description of a suspect thought to be vandalizing cars in the area.

The officers approached the suspect and smelled a strong odor of alcohol. The suspect’s friend told the officers his friend only had a case of beer and that the only car damaged belonged to the suspect. The officers confirmed that the damaged vehicle belonged to the suspect and found no other vandalized vehicles in the area.

The officers noticed a laceration on the suspect’ s hand and transported him to Goleta Valley Cottage Hospital. En route to the hospital, the suspect slammed his head into the Plexiglas screen and began to yell profanities. At the hospital, the suspect again began yelling expletives at doctors and nurses attempting to treat him. When the officers asked the suspect to lower his voice out of respect for neighboring patients, the suspect said, “They can suck it.” When officers asked the suspect why he broke his own car window, he said he couldn’t open the door, and with a broken window he could enter his vehicle like the “Dukes of Hazzard.”

The suspect was arrested for public intoxication and transported to Santa Barbara County Jail, where he was housed, pending sobriety.

Welcome to Our World

At approximately 10:50 p.m. on Saturday, September 15, officers patrolling the 6500 block of Del Playa Drive observed a “youthful looking” male holding a plastic cup of beer. As officers approached the suspect, the 20-year-old male put down the cup of beer.

Officers asked the suspect why he put the cup down and the suspect said, “I don’t know, my friends just told me to put my beer down. I’m from Manhattan Beach; I don’t know how things work around here.”

The suspect told the officers his name and that his birthday was March 16, 1980, making him 21 years of age. The officers reminded the suspect that it was a crime to provide false information to a peace officer. The suspect appeared to be very nervous and repeated, “I was born March 16, 1980.”

Dispatch informed the officer that according to DMV records, the suspect was born in 1981. The suspect paused for a moment and said, ” I guess I was.”

While being placed under arrest for providing false information to a police officer, the suspect said, “Please don’t do this. I am from Manhattan Beach and I didn’t know how you guys work up here. I didn’t think you would really check me in your computer.”

The suspect was booked for providing false information and was transported to Santa Barbara County Jail.

With Friends Like These…

At approximately 11:15 p.m. on Saturday, September 15, officers patrolling the 6600 block of Del Playa Drive observed a 19-year-old female being held up by three other subjects. As officers approached the suspect, the three subjects left. The suspect could not stand without their support and fell on her face.

She was arrested for public intoxication and was transported to Santa Barbara County Jail, where she was housed, pending sobriety.