Two unrelated stabbing incidents resulted in the hospitalization of two male Goleta residents this past weekend.

Both of the 25-year-old victims were treated and released early Saturday morning at Goleta Valley Cottage Hospital, Santa Barbara Sheriff’s Dept. Lt. Mike Burridge said.

The first incident occurred around 11:30 p.m. on Friday, Sept. 21 at 6915 Phelps Road, the home of suspect Manuel Beserra, and victim Ismael Nava.

Nava told deputies he was in the kitchen when the stabbing took place. Deputies were also able to contact Beserra and Nava’s roommate Mariano Nunes as a witness.

“According to Nunes, sometime around 11:30 p.m., he heard a commotion in the kitchen and when he entered he saw Beserra standing with a knife in his right hand and Nava holding his chest yelling at the suspect,” Burridge said. “Nunes could see that the victim had a large amount of blood on his shirt in the area of his chest. Nunes took the knife from Beserra and then drove the victim to the hospital.”

Nava was treated for minor stab wounds to his chin and chest, and released.

Deputies were unable to locate Beserra, who is close to 25 years old, 5’2″ and 150 pounds. The suspect is Hispanic, and has black hair and brown eyes.

The second stabbing victim, Juan Vallejo, told deputies he was walking on the 4600 block of Hollister Avenue just after midnight on Saturday when he was attacked from behind. Vallejo was treated for a stab wound to his head and several stab wounds to his back, and released later Saturday.

“Apparently he was grabbed, held and then stabbed in the back several times,” Burridge said. “He then fell to the ground and the suspect fled westbound on Hollister Ave.”

Vallejo said the suspect did not talk during the attack, and he never saw his face.

“The only information the victim could provide was that the suspect was wearing dark pants and a light-colored shirt,” Burridge said.

The victim was transported to the hospital by a friend who “happened to drive by,” according to Burridge.

Sheriff’s investigators do not believe the two incidents are related, and are asking for any information regarding either one. The department can be contacted at 681-4100, and the anonymous tip line can be reached at 681-4171.