Lanora Sue Loyd, a 49-year-old Goleta resident, has been missing since Thursday, May 17, when she was last seen leaving the Upper Oso campground alone.

Loyd, who was camping with a friend, left Upper Oso to retrieve supplies at approximately 4 p.m. Thursday and never returned, according to the Santa Barbara County Sheriff’s Dept. On Friday, Loyd’s friend notified the Los Padres National Forest Rangers that Loyd was missing, Sheriff’s Dept. Lt. Mike Burridge said. Loyd’s vehicle, a 1998 Nissan Pathfinder, was found Saturday on West Camino Cielo Road, approximately two miles west of the Winchester Gun Club.

“Her friend was thinking maybe she had gone home, because she was going to Santa Barbara, where her home is. He didn’t get concerned until the next morning,” Burridge said. “Her car was parked at a point where the road wasn’t paved any longer, in a dirt roadway. It was parked facing westbound, which is the direction facing away from San Marcos Pass.”

There is no suspicion of foul play, according to Burridge.

A police statement described Loyd as a 5-foot, 3-inch tall white female with light-colored shoulder-length hair, weighing approximately 130 pounds. The department is requesting the public’s help in locating her, Burridge said.

Sheriff’s Dept. deputies, K-9s and a Sheriff’s Dept. helicopter searched the area Loyd’s car was found in unsuccessfully Saturday afternoon and evening. The search and rescue division of the Sheriff’s Dept. continued looking for Loyd through Monday.

Anyone with information regarding Loyd is requested to contact the Sheriff’s Dept. at 681-4100.

– Marisa Lagos