All-American Sweetheart

At approximately 2:11 a.m. on Sunday, April 29, Isla Vista Foot Patrol officers patrolling the 6500 block of Pardall Road observed a 25-year-old female having difficulty attempting to zip her purse shut as she was kneeling down next to a bicycle.

The suspect appeared to be heavily intoxicated. When officers asked if she was okay, the suspect did not respond to them. Eventually the suspect stood, but had difficulty maintaining her balance. The suspect immediately attempted to get on her bicycle to ride past the officers and almost fell in the process.

When the officers stopped the suspect and asked her where she was going, the suspect’s response was unintelligible. The officers then escorted the suspect to the IVFP station where she became verbally abusive and refused to answer booking questions.

When the officers asked the suspect if she wanted them to leave her bicycle locked to the bicycle rack where it had been, she told them she was “just locking her bike up when someone arrested [her].” The suspect did not appear to remember she was speaking to the same officers that had arrested her. The suspect then told the officers to “Fuck off,” and would not answer any further booking questions.

The suspect was arrested for public intoxication and transported to the Santa Barbara County Jail, where she was housed pending sobriety.

Driveway Deviousness

At approximately 12:17 a.m. on Friday, April 27, IVFP officers patrolling the 6600 block of Del Playa Drive were approached by an adult male subject who told them someone had vandalized his truck while it was parked in a residential driveway.

The officers and the subject walked over and looked at the truck, which had three flat tires and appeared to have been punctured with a knife or pointed object. The subject told the officers he did not know whose driveway he had parked in, but had just parked there and went to see his girlfriend down the street.

The subject’s truck had been parked in the driveway for approximately an hour. The subject did not know who had vandalized his truck. The subject later called the IVFP station and reported he had discovered a dent on the side of the truck and the windshield had been cracked. The estimated damage was $1000.

An offense report was taken and the case is pending.

Simon Says ‘Fall Against the Jeep’

At approximately 11:34 p.m. on Friday, April 27, IVFP officers patrolling the 6600 block of Del Playa Dr. observed a 21-year-old male staggering several feet to the left and right while traveling eastbound on the south sidewalk.

The suspect walked up next to a jeep parked on the roadway, stopped and fell against the right front fender. The suspect regained his balance by leaning over the hood of the jeep with his arms, then stood up and continued to stagger eastbound on the sidewalk.

When the suspect reached the area where the officers were standing in front of a residence, they stopped him and asked him if he was “all right.” The suspect said he was “fine,” in a slurred voice. When the officers asked the suspect for his address, he gave them a five-digit number on Fortuna Lane in I.V. There are no five-digit addresses in I.V.

When asked by the officers where he was going, the suspect said he was on his way home. The suspect was walking in the opposite direction of Fortuna Lane.

The suspect was arrested for public intoxication and transported to the Santa Barbara County Jail, where he was housed pending sobriety.

– Compiled by Jennifer B. Siverts from the Isla Vista Foot Patrol reports