The accolades keep rolling in for the UCSB baseball team.

The Gauchos’ sweep of Pacific this weekend featured some extraordinary individual performances, which were officially recognized by the Big West on Monday. Sophomore hurler Jim Bullard was named Big West Pitcher of the Week for his complete game against the Tigers on Sunday. The righty gave up only one unearned run and struck out seven.

But Bullard wasn’t the only Gaucho to pull in an award on Monday. Adding to Santa Barbara’s awards was senior Chad Peshke, who was named Big West Player of the Week for his performance versus UOP. Peshke finished the series 7-11 at the plate, with four doubles and seven runs scored.

While Bullard certainly deserved Pitcher of the Week honors, Santa Barbara’s other two starters could easily have received the award. On Friday, junior James Garcia dominated Pacific, pitching a complete game and tying a career-high with 11 strikeouts. Senior Rylie Ogle made his case for Pitcher of the Week on Saturday, throwing eight innings and allowing only three Tiger hits.

All the personal honors only highlight the overall talent of the Gauchos. Santa Barbara now boasts a 32-11 record, including 7-2 in the Big West. For its stunning record, UCSB has now entered the national rankings, coming in at #25 in the Baseball America poll. The Gauchos have not been ranked since 1996, the last time they advanced to NCAA Regional play.

– Matt Heitner