You’ve Got One Thing Right

At approximately 12:58 a.m. on Saturday, March 31, Isla Vista Foot Patrol officers patrolling the 6600 block of Del Playa Drive observed a 20-year-old male standing in a residential driveway while holding a clear Miller Lite cup in his right hand.

The officers observed the suspect walk eastbound onto the roadway. The officers determined the suspect was attempting to concentrate on his walking because his movements were slow and deliberate. When the suspect saw the officers walking toward him, he turned the plastic cup upside down spilling the contents.

When the officers approached the suspect, he attempted to stand up straight. The suspect lost his balance and fell into a parked car behind him. The suspect then bent down to set the plastic cup down on the ground and nearly fell over forward.

When asked by the officers where he was going, the suspect said, “This is the 6700 block of Del Playa.” When asked again where he was going, the suspect told the officers he was going home and pointed east and said, “I am just going up here to [Camino] del Sur and then up to Picasso.” The suspect was 180 degrees off in his directions.

When asked by the officers how old he was, the suspect said, “It doesn’t matter because I am under arrest.”

The suspect was arrested for public intoxication and transported to the Santa Barbara County Jail, where he was housed pending sobriety.

Marking Territory

At approximately 12:54 p.m. on Monday, April 2, IVFP officers patrolling the 6600 block of Picasso Road observed a 56-year-old suspect drinking alcohol in an alley with a group of subjects.

The officers asked all of the subjects to leave the area, but one suspect was too intoxicated to walk and began urinating on a nearby building. The suspect could not stand without assistance from the officers due to his high level of intoxication.

Compiled By Jennifer B. Siverts from the Isla Vista Foot Patrol Reports