The Nexus will be updating this page with live results from the California Primary Election and the Santa Barbara County election. We will also be live-tweeting additional results.
Vote by Mail and Mailed Ballot Results: Gavin Newsom leads with 34.47% of the vote
- 9:20 p.m. Newsom leads with 34.46% of the vote, John H. Cox and Travis Allen follow with 27.00% and 12.86% respectively.
- 10:30 p.m. Newsom leads with 35.48% of the vote, Cox follows with 25.27%, and Antonio Villaraigosa has overtaken Allen for third place with 11.92% of the vote.
- As of 11:35 p.m., Newsom wins with 34.03% of the vote in Santa Barbara County. He will be facing off against Cox, who won 26.65% of the vote, in the November election, according to the semi-official election night results.
Vote By Mail and Mailed Ballot Results: Dianne Feinstein leads with 45.51% of the vote.
- 9:05 p.m. Feinstein leads with 45.51% and James P. Bradley follows with 13.34%.
- As of 11:35 p.m., Feinstein wins with 45.57% of the vote in Santa Barbara County, according to the semi-official election night results. Her competitor for the November election has not yet been determined.
Vote By Mail and Mailed Ballot Results: Salud Carbajal leads with 52.62% of the vote
- 9:05 p.m. Carbajal leads with 52.73% of the vote, Justin Fareed follows with 38.22%, and Michael Erin Woody trails with 8.91%.
- 9:58 p.m. Carbajal leads with 55.62% of the vote, Fareed and Woody follow with 35.86% and 8.39% of the votes.
- 11:35 p.m. Carbajal earned 54.87% of the vote and Fareed follows with 36.74% of the vote, according to semi-official election night results. The two will be facing off in the November election for the position of U.S. Representative for the 24th District.
Santa Barbara County Sheriff-Coroner:
Vote by Mail and Mailed Ballot Results: Bill Brown leads with 55.94% of the vote, Brian Olmstead and Eddie Hsueh have 31.20% and 12.69% of the votes respectively.
- 9:05 p.m. Brown leads with 55.89% of the vote, Olmstead has 31.15% of the vote, and Hsueh has 12.79% of the vote.
- 9:45 p.m. Brown has 55.34% of the vote, Olmstead has 34.49%, and Hsueh has 14.00%.
- 10:30 p.m. Brown has 54.66% of the vote, Olmstead has 30.07%, and Hsueh has 15.08%.
- 11:35 p.m. Brown wins with 54.01% of the vote, according to semi-official election night results.
Vote By Mail and Mailed Ballot Results: 76.55% yes, 23.45% no
- 9:05 p.m. 76.53% yes, 23.47%
- 11:35 p.m., Measure T passes with 75.73% yes votes and 24.27% no votes.
Vote By Mail and Mailed Ballot Results: 56.34% yes, 43.66% no
- 9:24 p.m. 71.04% yes, 28.96% no
- 9:35 p.m. 76.36% yes, 23.64% no
- 9:45 p.m. 80.22% yes, 19.78% no
- 9:58 p.m. With 10 out of 10 of Isla Vista’s precincts reporting, Measure R passes with 82.75% yes votes and 17.25% no votes.