Widgetized Section

Go to Admin » Appearance » Widgets » and move Gabfire Widget: Social into that MastheadOverlay zone

Get Your Shot of Reason

Things at UCSB have been pretty tense recently. With all the meningitis and influenza outbreaks, it is no wonder — each year thousands die in the U.S. from diseases such as these. In uneasy times like this there is good news, though. We have a very good protection against these pathogens, a nearly foolproof method of fortifying the body: the process known as vaccination. However, thanks to a few outspoken, rather ignorant groups, misinformation has been spread about vaccines, namely the myth that they can cause autism.

First, the good news again: As a result of vaccination, smallpox, measles and polio are now almost entirely a thing of the past. Sure, there may a few negative aspects to getting vaccinated, such as a sore arm or a slight fever, but any of these are widely outweighed by the positive effects — go in, get a quick shot, and you have one less deadly thing to worry about in this world. They have been tested again and again to be effective and safe, with no adverse long-term effects.

Even so, some still clamor that vaccines cause autism spectrum disorders. Perhaps the reason for this is that the age in which a child gets vaccinated simply coincides with when they develop the symptoms of autism. Around two-or-three-years-old is when a child first starts to develop symptoms of autism and, as it just so happens, is also when they get many of their vaccines. At this age, regardless of whether or not children are vaccinated, they may develop symptoms of autism if they happen to be autistic — that is just how the body works.

Despite what any Playmate of the Year would say (I’m looking at you beautiful, but-oh-so misguided Jenny McCarthy), autism cannot be caused by vaccines. These people claim that certain chemicals in the shots, like mercury and aluminum, could cause adverse reactions in a child’s brain, possibly resulting in autism. But the fact is that nowadays, these chemicals have either been entirely removed from the vaccine, or are in such incredibly low amounts that there is no reaction to speak of. Furthermore, studies have shown that kids who get their MMR (measles, mumps, rubella) vaccine basically have the same rate of autism as kids who did not get the vaccine. What more proof would you need?

Epidemics are no joke. While sensationalized events like wars or disasters get headline news, diseases that we have preventative vaccines for continue to take the lives of millions all around the globe. Back in the early 20th century, the Spanish flu killed more people than all of World War I. Vaccines can stop epidemics like these from developing. Not only do they help the individual, but they protect the population as a whole. This is something called herd immunity: If most of the population is vaccinated, this makes it increasingly harder for a disease to hop from person to person, meaning that even people who are not vaccinated are safer — just one more reason to get vaccinated.

Some claim that the medical companies administer these supposed “dangerous” vaccines in the pursuit of raising their profit margins. If you think about it, you’ll realize how ridiculous that idea is. You get one shot, maybe a couple booster shots and basically for the next few years you are immune. Most of the time, insurance even covers the cost of the shot. If the companies really wanted the money, they would do all they could to make sure you do not get vaccinated. They would want you to get sick so they could wring every last penny out of you through expensive medicines and operations. Vaccines prevent diseases, meaning that you will actually have to visit the doctor less often.

Organizations like the Center of Disease Control and Prevention, the National Academy of Sciences and even Autism Speaks, have come out supporting the fact that vaccines do not cause autism. And even if vaccines could somehow “provoke” autism in some children — which I am saying there is absolutely no evidence for — the benefits would still outweigh the negatives. With the increasing number of disease outbreaks, we should be doing all we can to protect ourselves and our loved ones from them.

I’m not criticizing researchers looking into the vaccine-autism link, nor am I criticizing parents who are concerned about the health of their children. But the fact is every single study has shown again and again that there is no link between vaccination and the onset of autism. If parents really cared about the health of their children, they would vaccinate their kids and ignore the absurd claims of these fringe groups.

Jay Grafft ain’t afraid of no needles.

Views expressed on the Opinion page do not necessarily reflect those of the Daily Nexus or UCSB. Opinions are submitted primarily by students.

190 Responses to Get Your Shot of Reason

1. Twyla Reply

January 24, 2014 at 8:27 pm

Here is a video of Hannah Poling’s father, Dr. Jon Poling, speaking with Dr. Sanjay Gupta on CNN.

• TLPG Reply

January 26, 2014 at 3:06 pm

He’s a lying fool.

2. TLPG Reply

January 12, 2014 at 11:38 pm

Jay I hope you are seeing this nonsense from the idiots who are fouling the air with their tripe. Your review is excellent and factual, and you’ve been attacked by panic merchants who seek to make you and everyone else fear Autism, vaccines and the government. This is typical conspiracy theorists at work, and they seek to undermine government power that in a democracy you actually vote for – or don’t vote for in the case of America – and become a part of the problem and not part of the solution if there is a problem to begin with. The solution is to vote for someone else and make sure that others follow your lead to send a message to the major parties that they are doing the wrong thing. In America, no one is willing to do it.

Autism is first recorded before the first vaccine was presented (Smallpox) with The Wild Boy of Aveyron. He wasn’t diagnosed with it of course because science was virtually non existent then. It was the case with others who were diagnosed as mad or mentally retarded, and later youth dementia and (incorrectly) schizophrenia. The condition was around well before Leo Kanner named the condition in 1943, certainly well before thiomersal (as we call thimerosal in Australia) was even invented in 1929.

Cheap shots like the ones presented like “Truth” are despicable and seek to undermine real understanding, which this fool clearly doesn’t have. The same applies to Dachel and the other anti vaxxers.

• TLPG Reply

January 14, 2014 at 3:02 pm

And “Truth” has now run off with the comment numbers at 172. So he wasn’t telling the truth after all – as we all knew IT wasn’t.

• TLPG Reply

January 20, 2014 at 3:57 pm

Now 178 thanks to the ramblings of the returning Twyla.

• TLPG Reply

January 26, 2014 at 3:19 pm

And 190 because of the sheer ignorance.

• Twyla Reply

January 17, 2014 at 10:02 pm

Leo Kanner was the director of the ‘Children’s Psychiatric Service’ of the Johns Hopkins Hospital, which was a major clinical, research, and teaching center to which children were referred from all over the U.S. and even from other countries around the world. In 1935 he published the first textbook of child psychiatry in the English language, a comprehensive encyclopedia of childhood disorders. There was no mention of autism.

In 1942 Leo Kanner published his famous ground-breaking article on autism, which began:
      “Since 1938, there have come to our attention a number of children whose condition differs so markedly and uniquely from anything reported so far, that each case merits – and, I hope, will eventually receive – a detailed consideration of its fascinating peculiarities.”
      http://simonsfoundation.s3.amazonaws.com/share/071207-leo-kanner-autistic-affective-contact.pdf

Sure there were probably extremely rare cases of autism throughout human history. But they were so rare that this seasoned experienced well educated child psychiatrist had not seen any cases until 1938.

What had happened? Well, for one thing, in 1932 vaccines for diphtheria (using aluminum salts as an adjuvant and mercury as a preservative) began to be widely used. A lot of children were dying from diphtheria, and the vaccine was a lifesaver. That is a good thing. But one of the earliest cases of autism was the son of a pediatrician who was quoted in a local newspaper: “Too many parents, said Dr. Peabody, have the proper shots given and then relax, forgetting that booster shots are needed and that immunization does wear off. Speaking specifically of some of the most prevalent ailments, she stated that a child cannot be vaccinated against smallpox too often and it should be done for the first time when a baby is between three months and one year of age. In the case of diphtheria, booster shots are extremely important.”

Back in the 1930′s and 1940′s autism was much rarer than now, and people received far fewer vaccines. Interesting that one of the very first cases was the son of a doctor who believed that there’s no such thing as too many vaccines.
      http://www.ageofautism.com/2012/09/best-of-aofa-autism-from-a-flu-shot-.html

Another thing that was happening at that time was the use of mercury as fungicides on crops and lumber. Another of Kanner’s first autism cases was the son of a plant pathologist working with fungicides at the federal government’s Beltsville Agriculture Research Center in Maryland. Yet another was the son of a forestry professor who did research in a laboratory where early tests on wood preservation were being conducted with Lignasan, an ethyl mercury compound.

Mercury and vaccines – recurring themes in the history of autism.

• TLPG Reply

January 20, 2014 at 3:48 pm

Research fail, Twyla. Bleuler used the word “Autistic” in his work in 1912. Kraepelin’s 1893 description of “dementia praecox” (youth dementia) matched the description of Autism by Kanner.

The medical world back then was in bits and regularly didn’t connect. Autism wasn’t rare. Asylums were full of them – misdiagnosed as “mad”. Or killed. Or abandoned as the Wild Boy of Aveyron was.

The only modern day difference that has had an effect is the lack of specialized work place placements and the team style atmosphere that gave mild Autistics (like myself) nowhere to hide. So we are more out in the open, thanks in part to the DSM-IV improving diagnosis techniques.

Nothing whatsoever to do with vaccines.

• Maurine Meleck Reply

January 20, 2014 at 7:13 pm

Bologna. Bleuler was talking about schizophrenia throughout his studies. Quite different from autism and even if he did coin the phrase autism-it had no relationship to the autism of today.

• TLPG Reply

January 26, 2014 at 3:08 pm

Sorry, but there are MANY instances before the DSM-IV of Autism being mistaken for schizophrenia. So do NOT dismiss any relationship existing even if it is wrong in the end!

• Twyla Reply

January 20, 2014 at 11:38 pm

When I was growing up 50 years ago, there was much less autism. That’s a fact. Yes, we had nerds and loners, but not the number of severely affected children we see today. Nobody overlooks a child who can’t talk. You don’t need special training to notice that. I remember taking my son with me to my daughter’s dance class when he was little, and everyone from the youngest 3-year-old students to the grandmothers who didn’t speak English noticed how he only wanted to lie on the floor in the front office and gaze at the overhead fan, and how hard it was to manage his behavior, and how little he communicated. You don’t need heightened awareness to notice that. These days Autism Speaks walks attract thousands of people – even 30 years ago that would not have been the case. School and state agency statistics show huge increases in autism percentages. In the past, full blown autism existed, but was extremely rare.

UC Davis M.I.N.D. Institute study shows California’s autism increase not due to better counting, diagnosis
          http://www.ucdmc.ucdavis.edu/welcome/features/20090218_autism_environment/

Dr. Insel on Rising ASD Numbers: “No Question” About Environmental Factors
          http://www.ageofautism.com/2009/12/david-kirby-dr-insel-on-rising-asd-numbers-no-question-about-environmental-factors-.html

Autism Spectrum Disorders: Changes in the California Caseload An Update: June 1987 – June 2007
          http://www.dds.ca.gov/Autism/docs/AutismReport_2007.pdf

Autism Not Really on the Rise? 96.7% Impossible.
          http://www.ageofautism.com/2009/09/autism-not-really-on-the-rise-967-impossible.html

• TLPG Reply

January 26, 2014 at 3:10 pm

You’re wrong. Did you know anyone who was eccentric? Of course you did. News flash. Every person who was seen as eccentric 50 years ago were all on the Spectrum. Apply the DSM-IV to them – and they would have been diagnosed. And don’t limit it to those who can’t speak. Aspies talk at the normal time for instance. HFA’s can talk, they just have a delay on the normal point. Widen your horizons as to what Autism actually is instead of making excuses.

3. Truth Reply

January 12, 2014 at 6:42 pm

To all you vaccine defenders,should a person caught having sex with a 6 yr old boy. Lose a job, in the government?

Before you answer that, she had pictures in her home the police found. Where she was doing bestiality, with her own animals.

Should this person lose a government job? Should they get a bail bond of 20,000 dollars?

• TLPG Reply

January 12, 2014 at 6:54 pm

Has she been found guilty? Until she is found guilty the law protects her from any action that is deemed unfair without a guilty verdict.

• Truth Reply

January 12, 2014 at 7:15 pm

I do believe that the pictures,that star her and her animals are enough. Don’t you? And by the way,she worked for the CDC. She, was very high up. The CDC made a statement,concerning her indictment. They said, “even if it’s true,that she did this. It was nothing, that would effect her job performance.So she still, keeps her job!

• TLPG Reply

January 12, 2014 at 7:20 pm

Are you a judge? No. They can’t fire her until she is found guilty by a court of law. Your opinion means nothing.

• truth Reply

January 12, 2014 at 7:59 pm

Again you Idiot,(the police searching her house) found Pictures of her doing sex with animals. Do you really think,she should ever be trusted with Government money?

She screws animals!

• TLPG Reply

January 12, 2014 at 8:01 pm

Has a court said that? You have no right to pass any judgment on the matter. She is entitled to the presumption of innocence until proven guilty. That is the law.

• truth Reply

January 12, 2014 at 8:07 pm

The parents here, just learned how stupid and uncaring you are. Your answer, probably made them want to throw up!

You would allow,someone that has sex with animals to work for the public. Insane,and uncaring.

• TLPG Reply

January 12, 2014 at 8:13 pm

You are speaking on a matter that has not been proven before a court of law. Any fair minded person will see that I am right, and that you are seeking to compromise the right of a person (any person) to a fair trial. You have no right to label her guilty. Only a court has that right. That is the law and any parent with half a brain will see that.

Get back to us if she is found guilty and THEN her employment is retained. THEN you’ll have a point!

• Truth Reply

January 12, 2014 at 8:27 pm

Do you not understand,the CDC said even if it is true!!!
                (having sex with a 6 yr old,and with animals) it was not grounds enough to terminate her employment.

They have said, even if she is found guilty they will refuse to fire her. For that behavior,has nothing to
                do with her performing her job.

• TLPG Reply

January 12, 2014 at 8:59 pm

The link given further into this nested thread is two years old. As there has been no jail term, she must have been found not guilty.

Or it was a fake story that CNN apparently fell for.

4. Truth Reply

January 12, 2014 at 6:30 pm

He could very well be,speaking of the FDA CDC or the AAP.

“Unfortunately, catastrophes or scandalous disclosures always have to happen before humanity realises that it is only its own mistakes that have led it into misfortune. These are all the more difficult to rectify, because in the main they have been made by the authorities, who will not commit suicide themselves, but in order to save their own skins, they would rather that all Life should perish before they acknowledge their errors.’

Viktor Schauberger, 1933

• TLPG Reply

January 12, 2014 at 6:55 pm

Well he’s not. You are a panic merchant.

5. Truth Reply

January 12, 2014 at 8:13 am

Why would Dr. Hickie MD.PHD. turn tail and run. without answering my post aimed right at him?Is he really a Dr,
    or is he lying?

It’s time to man up!Doc.

• TLPG Reply

January 12, 2014 at 1:34 pm

He knows a troll when he sees one and doesn’t feed trolls. You need to man up and get yourself properly educated instead of playing the panic merchant and lying in the process.

• Truth Reply

January 12, 2014 at 3:03 pm

I suggest, you explain to me. The need, to get protection for Lilly
        the maker and patent holder of Thimerosal put into the Homeland security bill at 9-11. And then, when that was revoked. The then sitting President,GW Bush tries to seal the VSD FOREVER! Considering that CDC’s own chief science officer, has always claimed that the VSD is chocked full of only good quality sound robust studies. That prove, that vaccines are safe. And that they, do not cause Autism. Why the need, for the VSD to be sealed FOREVER???? If! that’s true?

That would be, you sealing your proof you did not destroy 1 in 31 boys with Autism. One of them, was mine!

Going on, when two Senators wrote to the President and asked why are you sealing what the parents need to prove their cases for one. And why are you, sealing them ? FOREVER ???

They the threatened him, by saying “we want any and all communications between you, and your staff, and the Pharmaceutical Co’s” Immediately the president,of the US. decides not to
        seal the VSD.In fact,he sent a order
        to HHS Tommy Thompson and the US. Attorney Gen. John Ashcroft. TO NOT SEAL!

Their not through yet! You see, they used our fallen solders. In a scheme,
        to get what had failed 2 other times.

The protection,for all the Thimerosal mercury poisoning litigation. That, they knew was soon coming.

They created a bill called Senate Bill 3 AKA (protecting America from Terrorism 2005)It gave, every fallen solders family’s a 100 thousand death benefit. For only, Gulf war!

In the back of the bill, was lurking their true intent. Again was found, the protection for damage not done?

HHS Tommy Thompson, and Attorney Gen. John Ashcroft. Would be given, total control over all Thimerosal Autism
        litigation. We the Parents / Grand parents and some decent Congressman
        and researchers defeated that bill.

Then,some Senators introduced 10 shot
        gun bills.All, with the same language
        for Thimerosal litigation protection.

They finally,had gotten what they desired.Their many attempts, had now paid off. The fix was in, their hard work had paid off. Nobody!now could be legally held responsible. And the beauty of it all was,the American tax payers. Would now, be footing the bill! For the life long care cost,of the effected children.

Congratulations Senators, you who arrogantly refer to your selves as distinguished gentleman. You finally prevailed, over the very sick, left suffering vaccine damaged. American children. And you even managed,to stick the American tax payers with the bill. For life long care cost.

• TLPG Reply

January 12, 2014 at 6:36 pm

You are an idiot. There is no truth is any of that. there is only panic stricken speculation.

• Truth Reply

January 12, 2014 at 3:10 pm

He knows a troll, when he sees one.

What the hell are you,a paid shill? selling his own Nation out! And the
        American children. Congratulations,
        you have now lowed your self as low
        as a human can go.

You personally, sicken me.

• TLPG Reply

January 12, 2014 at 6:35 pm

I am Australian, and it is you who is harming your nation, in particular the children. You obviously want children to die. THAT is sickening and you are the bottom of the barrel in the human race. I get paid nothing to say what I say. I say it because it’s true and you have nothing to prove it except for mindless paranoid scaremongering that has no basis in fact.

6. Truth Reply

January 10, 2014 at 4:35 pm

The CDC’s Dir. Dr. Gerberding admitted,they have no science proving vaccines are safe. And that,they do
    not cause Autism.

Her words were,”we will not be using the VSD anymore for looking at vaccines as a cause for Autism environmental.

She said to do so, would be potentially misleading.

Where have I heard that before?

Now, if you had followed my post. You would know, that a US.President several yr’s ago tried to seal the very VSD base FOREVER! That’s where, most of their Vaccine
    safety studies were coming from. Why would you seal your proof,that the vaccines are safe and do not cause Autism. You wouldn’t, you would seal,what you don’t want anybody ever finding out.

The CDC’s chief science officer, Dr. Rodger Bernier.
    Has always maintained,that the VSD was chocked full of only good quality sound robust studies.Proving vaccine safety,and that they do not cause Autism. It appears,
    by the attempt sealing of the VSD FOREVER. The president
    did not agree! He was lying,all along. It appears,that the Emperor had no clothes. And probably,never did.

After all, ethyl-mercury which Thimerosal is. Is an IQ lowering neural-toxic compound. And no amount,of fake studies, can ever change that! And the fact that they
    tried to seal the VSD,FOREVER!proves they have no VSD studies that prove otherwise.

So you are right, Parents should most certainly educate themselves.If they get the full data, from the VSD they will see for themselves.Why the medical, and scientific consensus. It does not support,vaccinating our children with heavy metals and toxins.

• Dorit Reiss Reply

January 10, 2014 at 4:39 pm

This is not an admission of what you say. She is just pointing out that since the research has already been done, and found no link, no more scarce research dollars will be wasted on looking into this debunked notion. They will be spent on actually promising avenues of research.
      As explained several times, thimerosal is no longer in most childhood vaccines; the VSD is still being used, only to look at problems for which there actually is evidence; and thimerosal, heavily studied, was found to have no connection to autism. http://www.vaccinateyourbaby.org/safe/research.cfm#03

• Truth Reply

January 11, 2014 at 12:48 am

Boy are you screwed,by not knowing the facts.

The House Appropriations Committee was under fire by parents. They asked, the NIH to look into the science. That the CDC uses, to claim Vaccines do not cause Autism.

The NIH passed that to the environmental side of the NIH the NIEHS.

The head of the NIEHS, evaluated all the large population based studies.

Her findings were astounding,it does appear that the NIEHS findings were
        very damning to the CDC Dir.

The NIEHS report, said that all the large population studies.Were riddled full of design flaws. Rendering them
        en-effect useless.

Like I said, the CDC Dir. said that she concurred to the findings of the NIEHS concerning environmental Autism causes.

She said, we will not be using the VSD base anymore to look at vaccines as a cause for Autism environmental.

She said, to do so would be potentially misleading.

Here’s where you lose,Dr. Gerberding
        said “but if you do give us more time, we will do good quality studies”

Meaning all the others were CRAP!

En-fact,the lead author of the the NEIHS report said to a reporter.

“that leaves the CDC with very little to say, that vaccines and Autism are not connected in anyway”

The lead Author of the NIEHS report said, “as bad as the US. VSD studies were. They were an improvement over the other two,the two Denmark studies”

So your assertions,that the Denmark studies were quality. Not according to the lead author of the NIEHS report,she found them, to be worse than en-effect useless.

She then,goes to work for Merck! For almost, 2 million dollars a yr.

She sold out her own Nation, and her own soul. To Pharma.

• TLPG Reply

January 12, 2014 at 1:10 pm

Preaching conspiracy theories like that reveals your mentality to be extremely paranoid and un-educated. The “crap” studies are the ones YOU are relying on. This is fact and it will be proven once and for all that vaccines have nothing to do with the Autistic Spectrum when the reports you rely upon and finally and permanently revoked as junk, or clarified appropriately to show that Autism is genetic in origin.

• truth Reply

January 12, 2014 at 2:16 pm

Your getting. the CDC’s Fraudulent studies. Mixed up, with real science. Poul Thorsen,
            Denmark studies. He’s on the run,for allegedly stealing almost 2 million dollars of CDC CAA Autism funds.

• TLPG Reply

January 12, 2014 at 6:37 pm

What you call “real science” is junk. There are no fraudulent studies amongst those supported by the CDC.

7. Truth Reply

January 10, 2014 at 12:11 pm

It appears,that you are guilty spreading misinformation.

Or half truths,to mislead the parents. That makes you a liar,and very dangerous.

Dr. Mary Jean Brown, chief of the Lead Poisoning Prevention Branch of the Atlanta-based Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, said yesterday that Abubakar Tariq Nadama died Aug. 23 in his Butler County doctor’s office because he was given the wrong chelation agent.

“It’s a case of look-alike/sound-alike medications,” she said yesterday. “The child was given Disodium EDTA instead of Calcium Disodium EDTA. The generic names are Versinate and Endrate. They sound alike. They’re clear and colorless and odorless. They were mixed up.”

Both types of EDTA are synthetic amino acids that latch onto heavy metals in the bloodstream.

Dr. Brown said she obtained the child’s autopsy report on behalf of the CDC after reading an article about the death in the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette. She said it didn’t take long to figure out what had happened.

Essentially, Tariq died from low blood calcium. Without enough calcium — a metal — in the blood, the heart stops beating. Dr. Brown said the Disodium EDTA the child was given as a chelation agent “acted as a claw that pulled too much calcium” from his blood.

“The blood calcium level was below 5 . That’s an emergency event,” she said.
    Officials from the state police, the district attorney’s office and the coroner’s office will meet soon to decide whether to hold an inquest into the child’s death and whether it should remain listed as accidental.

8. Truth Reply

January 10, 2014 at 11:01 am

Gosh,it’s lonely here.Where is all the people,that earlier appeared to have all the answers?

Are you tongue tied? or just overwhelmed, by the evil that those you were defending did?

• TLPG Reply

January 12, 2014 at 1:12 pm

You don’t have the answers.

9. Truth Reply

January 10, 2014 at 10:54 am

Parents, Dr. Engley left us this present just before he died.

He also said “if they had listened,and followed through on our 1982 report,then all the vaccine would be freed from Thimerosal. “And they tell me, all this autism would never had occurred”

http://www.ashotoftruth.org/science/frank-b-engley-jr-phd-interview

If you listen to this honest man,you will run from your
    Pediatricians office. When he says,it time for another round of vaccines. And if you have any sense, you won’t go back. Find a GP, that shares you vue of erring on the side of caution.Instead of injecting, heavy metal and toxins into your babies.

If a pediatrician,cannot understand Mercury Aluminum and other toxins do not belong in children.You need another Dr. one that has a brain.

• Dorit Reiss Reply

January 10, 2014 at 4:45 pm

Then how is it that autism rates continue to rise after thimerosal was removed from childhood vaccines? And what is his empirical evidence supporting his claim? We know there is a lot of evidence on the other side: http://www.vaccinateyourbaby.org/safe/research.cfm#03

• Truth Reply

January 12, 2014 at 8:02 am

We know, that there’s a lot of fraud on the other side!
        Dorit CDC sponsored fraudulent researcher bought studies are not considered science.

Like I said when the CDC Dir. made the statement “but if you do give us more time, we will do good quality studies”

That means, all the others were just crap!

When the head of the NEIHS report says,“that leaves the CDC with very little to say, that vaccines and Autism are not connected in anyway”

That means,what it says! they have very little!To say that vaccine do not cause Autism.

When the lead Author of the NIEHS report said, “as bad as the US. VSD studies were. They were an improvement over the other two,the two Denmark studies”

When President Bush tried to seal the VSD data FOREVER,that proves that the NIEHS reports findings. Were confirmed, by the highest office in the land.
        To be, fact!

Your assertion,that the CDC sponsored Denmark studies were quality. Are as fatally flawed,as the Denmark studies themselves.According to the lead author of the NIEHS report,she found them. To be worse,than en-effect useless.

Can you not comprehend,plain English? How can you, the CDC and AAP claim the Denmark studies are good quality.

When the Congressional report from the lead author of the NIEHS,declared them “worse that useless” ???? The
        answer is.

D-e-s-p-e-r-a-t-i-o-n Like the the FOIA CDC email state.

:the IOM meeting is within weeks,we have search frantically and cannot find anything here, we are going to have to go elsewhere, to get us a study”

They did Denmark,they paid 11 million CAA dollars for the fraudulent studies. That would magically turn, a known IQ lowering neural toxic compound. Into,what is now known as a friendlier gentle kind of mercury.

• TLPG Reply

January 12, 2014 at 1:13 pm

You obviously failed science at school.

10. Truth Reply

January 10, 2014 at 10:37 am

Chris Hickie, MD, PhD, are you unable to answer my post?

Where is all the Chelation deaths from the history of Pinks, and the CDC inner city lead campaign chelation??

• TLPG Reply

January 13, 2014 at 12:59 pm

Pinks is genuine mercury poisoning, and chelation is the right treatment for genuine mercury poisoning. Autism is not mercury poisoning.

11. Truth Reply

January 10, 2014 at 10:21 am

Here is the absolute proof, that some Congressmen Senators and sitting President. Had conspired, to withhold the proof that many American children were
    way over taxed. With, a mercury based preservative. Called Thimerosal. They jumped through fiery hoops, In order to save this Nations health agencies credibility’ & their reputations. And all of course their,Golden Retirement Parachutes.

Dr.Frank Engley, one of the first to do research on Thimerosal. The preservative, that’s 50 % mercury by weight, that was in almost all children’s vaccines.

When did America, decide to sell it’s soul to the wicked pharmaceutical company’s? When we got hit, by terrorism. American Senators,a Congressman and a sitting President. All decided, to commit an act of conspiring against the American people. And their vaccine injured, suffering ever so greatly . American, children.

When America was hit at 9 -11, Congressman Armey of the state of Tx. In the middle of the night, added a rider to the Homeland security bill. It was protection, for Lilly Pharm. The creator, and patent holder of the children’s vaccine preservative Thimerosal. It was known, as the Lilly rider. It was designed specifically, to shield Lilly and all of the other vaccine Co’s. From all of the soon coming, very much expected. Thimerosal, litigation. Six months, after the Lilly rider was inserted. Several decent Congressmen, said that they were going to remove it. Because, inserting it in the middle of the night was not fair. And, it was not voted in. So it was removed.

The VSD ( Vaccine Safety Data) base. Is where, most of the vaccine as a cause for Autism Epidemiological studies originated. The CDC’s Dr Bernier, has always maintained that the VSD was chocked only full of good quality sound robust studies. Studies, that prove that vaccines are safe! And,that they do not cause Autism. But,the President is going to seal them???? Not, Logical. On with the scandal, that has become a National disgrace. That’s only dwarfed by, the Jewish Holocaust. Meaning, they allowed these children that their vaccines had ruined. To suffer,unmercifully. In order to save an antiquated,out of control very dangerous vaccine program. That’s failing, miserably.

On with the story,of American traitors. Exhausting all avenues, of back room dirty deals to produce a plan for complete immunity from all Thimerosal ligation.

Next, the then setting President GW Bush. He moves, to seal all the data that’s contained in the VSD. Forever! Two Senators, asked GW. Why are you sealing, what the parents need to prove their children’s cases. For one? And why are you sealing them, forever? They accused him, of trying to hide the proof of the damage.That’s, been done. They said, (the 2 US. Senators) they wanted any and all communications that has went on. Between him, and his staff. And any! of the Pharmaceutical Co’s. The setting President, GW Bush. Decides to not seal the VSD. But only after! the threat to look at his relationship, with the Pharma Co’s. Did he, GW send an order to the HHS secretary Thompson, and the U.S. Attorney General Ashcroft. An order,to not seal! the VSD. By this time,they are getting desperate! They are willing, to do the unthinkable! Using our fallen American Hero’s,in a scheme. To save the reputations of our health agencies, and most of all their wealth.

Senator Frist, along with other Bought! Senators. Decide, to go as low as a human can get. You see parents, they were going to use our fallen solders. Our American Hero’s,were going to be used in this new scheme. Called Senate bill # 3. Created, to get their family’s, and their friends at Pharma. The protection that was needed, to defeat in vaccine court. And in the real courts. The Vaccine injured, American children. I get sick, to my stomach. When watching any of the Senate hearings. Hearings,where the Senators. They refer to their selves, as Distinguished Gentleman. I really don’t believe, that Distinguished Gentleman. Would ever! use dead American Hero’s, in a very dirty scheme. A scheme that was created, to disqualify severely Vaccine damaged American children. From their, Congressional created Vaccine compensation. Thus, leaving the cost of lifelong care. At the door step, of the American tax payer. Continued on, to their doing the unthinkable!

This kind of incompetence,is how this Nation ended up being 17 trillion dollars in dept. Tax payers,paying for vaccine damaged children’s life long care cost. When Congress,had created a remedy called the NVICP National Vaccine Compensation Program. Problem was,that they had damaged. More, than they could pay for. So they laid them, at the door step. Of the US. tax payer. It was a scandal, that should have, and would have, rocked the entire world. That is,if the major media had done their jobs. Instead of deciding, to not bite the hand. That’s, been steadily feeding them. For, many decades. Meaning, the running of drug commercials. Around the clock, on all major and minor media Co’s Networks. News papers,and all Magazines. They now own it all! Welcome,to Pharmaceutica. Formally known, as America.

Presenting the Scheme,designed by US. (Senators)self proclaimed. Distinguished, gentlemen. To steal, American children’s lives. Senator Frist, introduces Senate bill 3. That bill, was to be known as (protecting America, from terrorism 2005) It on the face, looked like a very generous bill. Written on the face, to benefit our fallen Hero’s family’s. The carrot, that was being used to entice all the other representatives.Was 100 thousand dollar death benefit, for every fallen American hero.

But remember, keep in mind. Why their sick black hearts, wrote this bill. The coming, very much expected mercury poisoning litigation. AS they say,the Devil, was in the details. You see, in the back of the bill. Was the same protection, for Thimerosal litigation. It was to be used, to deny the severely Thimerosal vaccine injured American children. Their Congressionally created, vaccine injury compensation. Senate bill 3, was created & crafted in a legal binding way to give HHS Tommy Thompson and Attorney General John Ashcroft. Complete control, over all the Thimerosal vaccine litigation.

As planned, from the beginning at the 9 – 11 Lilly rider.

Parents, Grand parents, & Researchers, and some decent honorable real examples of American Congressmen. Got together, and defeated the bill. Then, some very dishonorable Republican Senators. Released, 10 shot gun bills. All at once! They all,were carbon copies of the same “Thimerosal” litigation protection that was written in their Homeland security bill. Just as, in beginning.

They finally,had gotten what they desired. Their many attempts, had now paid off. The fix was in,their hard work had paid off. Nobody!now could be legally held responsible. And the beauty of it all was,the American tax payers. Would now, be footing the bill! For the life long care cost,of the effected children.

The distinguished gentleman, had prevailed. Over the very sick, vaccine damaged American children.Some how,
    I don’t think this is what our forefathers would have done. When they, with the help of God almighty. Forged, this once great Nation into existence. They back then, had something that’s in short supply today. Integrity.

There’s a Senator, or a Congressman,back then that made a very remarkable. And very profound, statement. The statement said, that they are not going to stand by! and allow these vaccine injured. To sue, the Vaccine Co’s out of business. Where was his or her concern, for all the Vaccine damaged American children? That he himself, had taken an oath of office. To protect? No, they won’t do that. But! they will allow the Vaccine makers, and others to get away with poisoning American children.

And then drive, the American parents dealing with the vaccine injured aftermath. Deep! into total bankruptcy.

Distinguished cowards,on the take.

Question, if there was no American children that were ever harmed by Thimerosal. Why all the circus acts, of our US.Senators and Congressmen. Many, jumping through hoops. Like, trained circus animals to protect Lilly? Lilly,the creator and patent holder. Of the mercury based preservative, that was used in almost all of the children’s vaccines. Thimerosal. If as the CDC’s, Dr. Bernier said. There’s nothing, but good quality sound robust studies. That are in the VSD. All proving, that the vaccines are safe. And,that they do not cause any Autism. Why? the Presidential order, to seal all the documents FOREVER? Common sense, dictates. You only seal,what you don’t want others to see!

I think that those Senators, that tried to use our Fallen American solders in a scheme. A scheme, that was designed and planned out. Just to beat, our own American children out of what was rightfully theirs. The remedy, that our Congress had created for vaccine Compensation.

The NVICP. They, that have done this great Evil to our American children.Have been involved, in creating a very dirty scheme. That’s worse, by far in many ways. Than, any act of TREASON!

Woe! unto a Nation, that sacrifices it’s own children for the love of money. When a free Nations, elected officials and major media. Will not speak out, for it’s own Nations Vaccine destroyed American children. Children, who’s voices have been silenced. By (Vaccines) & people, who are Evil. That Nation,it now ceases to be free. Welcome to Pharmaceutica, formerly known as America….

• TLPG Reply

January 12, 2014 at 1:16 pm

50 percent ethyl mercury, not pure mercury. Ethyl mercury is safe. It is the least toxic of the mercury compounds, including methyl mercury which is found naturally in fish.

• truth Reply

January 12, 2014 at 2:11 pm

Boy are you misguided, or just spreading misinformation?

FYI Thimerosal (Ethyl-mercury) crosses the BBB easier than does your methyl-mercury. As per NIH paid study, on baby primates. Dr. Burbachers study also found,it Thimerosal turns into the Inorganic type of mercury at 2.5 times that as does the Fish mercury. (Methyl) The most damaging to the Mitochondria, is Inorganic mercury #1 and MSG #2 both of which are in children’s vaccines. The latest findings,of many of the Autism cases are that children who have a Mitochondria problem.

The mitochondria problem, is turning into Autistic like symptoms. Hannah Poling, Neurologist?Dr John Polings own Daughter. Here’s why that they cannot ever admit to this catastrophe. The Poling were paid 20 million dollars

What came 1st? The vaccines,with the Thimerosal that btw turns into the Inorganc type of mercury. That BTW is the most damaging to the Mitochondria.

You can add 2 plus 2 can’t you?

• TLPG Reply

January 12, 2014 at 6:41 pm

No, you can’t add because what you just said is scientific bunk. The Poling case was paid out because Hannah was given nine vaccines in one visit. That was poor use of vaccines and the doctor who did it should be punished. But he won’t be because of that stupid payout system you have – and as a result what’s going to stop such carelessness from happening again? The workman failed, not the tool! Hannah was on the Spectrum before the vaccines by the way.

Burbacher is a quack. That study has been debunked.

• Truth Reply

January 12, 2014 at 7:07 pm

You just admitted,that the CDC and the AAP that sanctioned
            the practice known as playing vaccine catch up. You said,
            “That was poor use of vaccines and the doctor who did it should be punished”

The CDC and the AAP, both endorse that practice.

• TLPG Reply

January 12, 2014 at 7:18 pm

But they don’t mandate it. It’s up to the doctor to decide if the catch up is safe or not on a case by case basis. It’s clear in the case of Hannah that the doctor didn’t do that. That’s the doctor’s fault and not the vaccines, the CDC or the AAP.

• truth Reply

January 12, 2014 at 7:53 pm

Are you damned Idiot? It appears so,since what you said makes no sense. The Dr’s vaccinate all children the same,
                and if the CDC and AAP recommends up to 9 vaccines at once. How is it,that their not responsible? Do you really honestly believe,that the people reading what you have written. Think, you have any sense? You appear, to have the intelligence of an Idiot. Who cannot comprehend, anything you have read.

• TLPG Reply

January 12, 2014 at 7:59 pm

So you don’t know that ther’s a difference between a recommendation and a mandate? Who’s the idiot again?

• Twyla Reply

January 17, 2014 at 10:12 pm

“That was poor use of vaccines”? That was the CDC’s standard schedule.
            http://www.cdc.gov/vaccines/schedules/downloads/child/mmwr-0-18yrs-catchup-schedule.pdf

And what doctor tests for mitochondrial disorders before vaccinating? And where is the proof that Hannah Poling even had mito issues before that fateful day when she received so many vaccines?

• TLPG Reply

January 20, 2014 at 3:51 pm

Her mother admitted on the day that Hannah was “gifted”. That’s a demonstration of Autistic traits. She was on the Spectrum already.

And that schedule is NOT mandated. It is recommended only and it is NOT compulsory to follow it.

• Truth Reply

January 20, 2014 at 7:04 pm

Hannah’s, Dr. Poling’s daughter was considered to be above average. So was my daughter, she is considered gifted,and talented. Not Autistic! My son is Vaccine damaged,with a bowel disorder from hell. Non verbal!And thus. making his problems. Magnified a thousand times.

• TLPG Reply

January 26, 2014 at 3:12 pm

Has Autistic traits, doofus. Accept it.

• Twyla Reply

January 24, 2014 at 8:01 pm

Everyone who is “gifted” is autistic? That’s ridiculous!

• TLPG Reply

January 26, 2014 at 3:13 pm

No it’s not. Live with the truth. Gifted is not guaranteed Autistic but it is guaranteed Autistic traits.

12. Truth Reply

January 9, 2014 at 11:20 pm

We in the autism community are always told, chelation is dangerous and voodoo science at best anecdotal evidence.

It appears this from history, backs up what the parents have been saying about their children recovering after chelation therapy. In fact, it worked so well. They could not get a study together, before all the children were better and pinks was eradicated.

The researchers and Dr’s back then, used a urinary Porphyrin profile to conclude the elevated Mercury levels were to blame for the Pinks epidemic. This is what, does not add up today. They tell the parents, to look at blood mercury levels. That’s strange,considering their own NIH funded research concludes it Thimerosal leaves the blood within 3 to 7 days after the Thimerosal injection. In other words, you may have a very toxic child. But doing a blood level analysis, such as the CDC
    recommends. Would lead to a false Negative, and the sad thing is. That the CDC, would have to be world class stupid. To not know that. For by their own NIH paid studies findings, Thimerosal leaves the blood with in 3 to 7 days from date of exposure.

Question, why would the CDC want to mislead parents into believing their children are not heavy metal toxic? When the fact is, they may very well have been. Answer, the only Mercury a child could get is at birth and shortly after is through their vaccines. It had to be, vaccine program delivered.

This is from a study on Urinary porphyrin profiles as a biomarker of mercury exposure: studies on dentists with occupational exposure to mercury vapor.Their conclusion?

These findings suggest, that urinary porphyrin profiles may serve as a useful biomarker of mercury exposure
    in clinical or epidemiologic studies of mercury-related human health risks.

But we already knew that, from the history of being stupid enough to put Mercury in children through teething powders. You know what is dumber than that?

Revisiting Mercury poisoning,but this time we inject it. Thus, by passing all of the bodies filtering organs.

Causing Neurological damage, costing 6 million each for life long care.

“THOSE WHO DO NOT LEARN FROM HISTORY, ARE DESTINED TO REPEAT HISTORY”

It appears, we in America have.

The children playing CDC AAP catch up on their Vaccines, some kids in the 1990′s received 9 Vaccines 7 of which contained the mercury all on one day at one setting. That is known as a Bolus dose, the amount in ppb parts per billion is 10′s of thousands. When adding the 7 Vaccines, that contain the Mercury. When one learns, how much the EPA says is the definition for Liquid Hazardous Waste, one gets sick to his or her stomach. For in calculating this, it is 160 times what the EPA defines as Liquid Hazardous Waste. For the FDA, sets the bar for Liquid Hazardous Waste at 200 ppb.

The AAP and the CDC, has created a vaccine program. That says, our children can be used as Liquid Hazardous Waste dump sites.Total incompetence,that’s border-lining total insanity.

• Dorit Reiss Reply

January 10, 2014 at 6:37 am

A. Thimerosal is no longer in most childhood vaccines – except multi-dose flu, that the child only gets at six months and which can be gotten thimerosal free. And autism rates keep climbing.
      B. Autism is not mercury poisoning: http://pediatrics.aappublications.org/content/111/3/674.full.pdf+html. The symptoms are actually different.
      C. The tiny amount of thimerosal in vaccine was put in there to prevent contamination with bacteria, which was actually shown harmful. Studies examined if it’s connected to autism: it’s not. http://www.vaccinateyourbaby.org/safe/research.cfm#03. There is no evidence the tiny amount of thimerosal is actually harmful.

• TLPG Reply

January 12, 2014 at 1:19 pm

All instances where chelation therapy was used on Autistics and improvements were reported were because of issues not related to Autism itself, but merely cleared a heavy metal poisoning issue that was causing a sensory overload. It didn’t touch the Autism itself. It never has and it never will.

13. Truth Reply

January 9, 2014 at 10:41 pm

Chris Hickie, MD, PhD I am calling you out! Please answer my post, that the CDC chelated for decades. For lead!

Please advise, how many kids did the CDC lead chelation program kill?

Why is it, that from the history of pinks. We don’t have a heavy body count? If as the historical record goes,they chelated and Pinks was eradicated. Where is the record,of the massive lives lost.From the horrible chelation? To remove the Mercury,that the teething powders left in the child. Their words, not mine. From
    the historical record of Pinks.

Several physicians gave their pink disease patients dimercaprol, with gratifying cures. (The drug was never tested in a proper controlled clinical trial, as the disease disappeared before such a trial could be organized.

No accounts of deaths????? According to you, their should be thousands.

I am going to further embarrass,you and anybody else that is stupid enough. To defend, injecting mercury into babies and children.

• Dorit Reiss Reply

January 10, 2014 at 7:05 am

I’m not Doctor Hickie, but I know enough to know that Chelation can be a life saver for someone who actually has heavy metal poisoning. But it carries risks of its own, among other things, because our body needs certain kinds of metal to function (and because it has risks;
      There are no heavy metals in modern childhood vaccines, except arguably the tiny amount of thimerosal in multi-dose flu, which you can get thimerosal free. The tiny amounts of ingredients in vaccines are things already found in nature: to remind you, the whole vaccine is 0.5ml, tenth of a teaspoon. Most of that is liquid. Even infant bodies are completely capable of clearing those easily.

• Dorit Reiss Reply

January 10, 2014 at 7:06 am

So chelation is not needed, and carries risks. Remember the little boy who died from it in 2005? http://www.nbcnews.com/id/9074208/ns/health-mental_health/t/boy-autism-dies-after-chelation-therapy/

• truth Reply

January 10, 2014 at 8:22 am

You did not read what I said,or you did not comprehed. I did address the little boy,reread
          it! The CDC said the DR.used the wrong chelation agent,and
          it stripped the boys calcium.
          And the boy died. CDC’s words,
          not mine. Your so ready to answer my post,where’s the body count?From the historical
          record,of the Pinks disease mass chelation. And the CDC mass inner city kids lead campaign.

You are also wrong,there is aluminum in children’s vaccines.

This researcher, disagrees with your assessment that the trace amounts of thimerosal in vaccines is safe.

• Dorit Reiss Reply

January 10, 2014 at 4:47 pm

Little boy brought in to be chelated; little boy died. Long and short.
            An interview is not a substitute to actual studies showing that chelation is helpful in treating autism and that it’s safe for that.
            Lead poisoning is not autism.

14. Truth Reply

January 9, 2014 at 8:56 pm

You might be asking,after reading my sons story. Why on earth,didn’t you take him to the ER Hospital? We did, after an $8,800.00 hospital emergency bill and a $2,000.00 ambulance ride. We were told,that he just has a case of colic. We take him home, he’s no different.

After all the sedation wore off, he began the same behavior. And the same, suffering! The only thing that we got out of it, was 6 hours. That we! did not have to deal with the hell, that he was feeling.

Somebody else did, for a change.

In all fairness,the hospital said when we arrived. “we can’t tell you what it is,we can just tell you what it isn’t.

That’s the words of wisdom,that was presented to us. Along with a bill,for $8,800 dollars.

That’s why, this Nation is a whopping 17 trillion dollars in debt. It’s,world class incompetence. That,and a twisted, mentality. A mindset that thinks, spending 6 million dollars on a child’s lifelong care. Is justified, to save penny’s to a dime. Or maybe even, a whole quarter a child. By combining,three live viruses in one.

Their arrogance,is only topped. By their stupidity, and their ever so apparent ridiculous lack of any economic sense.

Dr. Wakefield he errs on the side of caution,he has said live viruses should be given a year apart. From another live virus.

• TLPG Reply

January 12, 2014 at 1:22 pm

Wakefield is a proven quack. If you are listening to him it demonstrates your own mentality. You have Autistic traits (that doesn’t mean you are Autistic, you simply have some of the traits) and you passed them on combined with the boy’s mother who completed the trait list to put your child on the Autistic Spectrum. Autism is genetic in origin. Fact.

15. Truth Reply

January 9, 2014 at 8:38 pm

Joe says:
    January 4, 2014 at 11:34 am
    My son, has been suffering for decades in his Gut. The current findings out of California, are saying that there’s a Gut brain connection to Autism.

That isn’t, new news. In fact, it was the findings of a very brilliant Gastroenterologist. The ever so caring Hero, Dr Wakefield. The children that have severe Autism,that also have the bowel disorders. They are being labeled as children,that just have very bad Autistic behavior. And so, their treated as such. No one at all, in the mainstream medical community is willing to listen to the parents concerns. Legitimate concerns, that their children are suffering! Horribly! From Gut pains, that could stop an elephant. We are Just met, with blank stares. And were told,that these children. They Just have, bad Autistic behavior. They do upper, and lower GI’s and Conveniently find nothing. They come out, and proudly say. Sorry, there’s just nothing there! And by the way,
    you do know that Wakefield has been discredited.

I asked, about doing a pill cam. I’m told, they can’t justify doing a pill cam with their findings. After two decades, of my son needless suffering. Sometimes, non stop night and day. We find a Dr, who finally said. I will do a pill cam, for your son.

The pill cam,has finally revealed the decades old damage. It the was 14.5 inches of red raw bleeding ulcers. There for decades,that had him beating his head, arms, & hands, till they were deeply bruised and sometimes bloody.

He would beat his back against the wall, sometimes off and on, all night long.

He was needlessly, Unmercifully suffering!!!
    from preventable vaccine damage.

Getting a little off track,the Ped’s out there. Need to leave, their pharma protected environment. And come spend some time, with a very severely Autistic bowels inflamed suffering child.

Let them see first hand, all of the damage the vaccines they administer. Have caused!

Do any of you, recall Murdoch’s right hand man? The hack, poor excuse for a journalist (Brian Deer) saying. “that these children don’t have any bowel disorders”

It appears,that Dr Wakefields accuser. By the very strong, irrefutable evidence was wrong! Continued!

The pill cam,(it’s just an electronic device) it doesn’t lie. But they do,and they did. It was a scheme,by Brian Deers boss.Media empire Murdoch. Young Murdoch, he was in control of GSK. He, like most rich people don’t ever like losing money. EVER!!So they had decided, that the ever so caring and brilliant compassionate Dr. Wakefield and his research. Was to damning, that he and it’ Had to go. And since GSK, had made the MMR. That was fragmenting off, and embedding it’s self into some of the Autistic children’s Guts. They decided, that they weren’t going to set by idly.And let, all of their Pharma soaked. GSK heavily invested Golden Retirement Parachutes. Plummet, to the ground! That is, not without a fight. The fight was to be, the total and complete annihilation of a very compassionate Dr.–Dr Wakefield. They had decided,his career. Was to be sacrificed!

The Hero,who later would become to the Autistic community. Considered,a martyr.

The UK government, they assisted in this destruction. You see,they were warned,by the manufacturer. GSK

“if we put 3 live viruses in 1 vial, there will be many children harmed” Those were,GSK’s words to the UK Government.

The UK Government words,were hollow and ever so cold.

“we will pay off the parents, of the vaccine injured”

They later, would completely conveniently forget all their own words. Their words, of compensation.

Paying for the UK’s children. That their MMR program had needlessly destroyed. For the savings, of a few cents a child. Their now paying,6 million each. For their ever so apparent Greed to save penny’s. They are now paying life long care cost. At 6 million, each! That’s sick! and senseless.

Andy later would put it in his book, this is a total disregard for the health of the children.That’s, putting it lightly! Andy. It’s more like, conspiring with the enemy to hide the insane amounts of damage that was done. By a Vaccination program,under the influence of (Pride Arrogance) And worse was, their all consuming insatiable Greed.

Those in the UK Government, they and many others( GMC) assisted in Dr. Wakefields career destruction. All had ties, to those on the board of GSK. In other words, they were all lying and scheming. In order, to keep GSK from tanking. The US.Government health agency’s, and the Major Media. Would later, join in on this character assassination. To save,the US.based Pharmaceutical Co. Merck, that also makes MMR vaccines. That and their reputations, and careers.

So now we have an answer,over two decades later. And the ending, of a career of a very concerned caring brilliant cutting edge Gastroenterologist.

And it’s BTW, the same exact answer that the brilliant caring DR. Wakefield was destroyed for. He has, a new variant bowel disorder.

In fact,they called it autistic inflammatory bowel disease. Dr.Wakefields work was,that he had identified children with Autism. That also had, a bowel disorder. His work,it had to be silenced. Because the cause,it appears was measles being found in the (Guts and in the cerebral spinal) of Autistic children.

And the only measles,that all these Autistic children had in common. Could only come,from the MMR. Well the publication of that finding, they figured could be, and probably would be. An un-welcomed, embarrassing public relations nightmare. And what has now become, a National disgrace. That kind of PR, it could have ended and probably would have ended the MMR program. And that, would put. Two major vaccine makers, in a very very bad (economically speaking) position.

If it were found,that the MMR vaccine was the culprit that was responsible for all of that Gut damage. Merck, and also GSK stocks would plummet.Thus destroying, many golden retirement parachutes. Hence, the need to mobilize any and all opposition against a very embarrassing. And very costly,possibly career ending for many. Inconvenient truth.

That the MMR vaccine,it was overwhelming the immune system. And fragmenting off, and it was embedding it’s self (the measles) in the Guts of the( MMR) vaccinated UK and American children. They knew,that to be a possibility. Because, of the warning. That was given, in the single dose M-M-R package inserts. That stated, (to not give within 3 weeks, to a month of another live virus) They were,rightly so. Deathly afraid,that one of the viruses. Might take hold,and set up residence in the body. It did, and sadly to say. Most likely,they knew it to be fact!

Or,they strongly suspected it. By the earlier work, of the brilliant Gastrointerologist. Dr. Wakefield. So he, and his research. For the greater good ( No!Greed) they had to be silenced.

To save everybody’s, heavily invested ( Merck and GSK ) Golden Retirement Parachutes.

He and his work, was sacrificed. So that many high ups, could keep their reputations. And, their Pharma invested wealth.

While the children suffer, the CDC AAP FDA all pretend to be busy. By wasting! US.CAA money. (Combating Autism Act) A fund,that was created by the US Congress. They are, spending unlimited CAA funds. Tossing them, down a genetic rat hole. Trying desperately, to find that one magic gene. That they think,can save all of their reputations. And,their heavily invested. Pharma based, wealth.

As a parent,that’s living with the aftermath of preventable vaccine damage. I’m totally speechless, that anybody could do this level of Evil. To any child! And then try, to justify their actions. By declaring. That some, will have to be sacrificed. For the greater good. That’s beyond EVIL!Many of you parents,you are in the valley of decision. And you, are asking your selves. This Question.

“which vaccines, are necessary”

None of them! Until, they have cleaned up the corruption.That punishes the good,and rewards the Evil.

The Evil, that appears to run the US. and UK. children’s Vaccines program.

Continued

• TLPG Reply

January 12, 2014 at 1:23 pm

The gut issues are only related in the sense that not looking after that gut can cause sensory overloads and push children down the Spectrum. Nothing more than that.

16. Twyla Reply

January 8, 2014 at 9:12 am

Conversations about vaccines often go something like this:

A: “My child suffered xyz adverse reaction after receiving several vaccines.”

B: “Vaccines are good. Diseases are bad. It is dangerous and irresponsible not to vaccinate. It is dangerous and irresponsible to even talk about vaccine problems because you will scare people away from vaccinating. Furthermore adverse reactions are so rare that this couldn’t possibly have happened to you or your child.”

This bypasses the issue of what should be done about adverse reactions, why do they occur, what can be done about them.

Is our vaccine program really so fragile that problems must be suppressed? Dr. Bernadine Healy, former head of the NIH, told CBS News that “public health officials have intentionally avoided researching whether subsets of children are ‘susceptible’ to vaccine side effects – afraid the answer will scare the public.

“‘You’re saying that public health officials have turned their back on a viable area of research largely because they’re afraid of what might be found?’ [CBS reporter] Attkisson asked.

“Healy said: ‘There is a completely expressed concern that they don’t want to pursue a hypothesis because that hypothesis could be damaging to the public health community at large by scaring people. First of all,’ Healy said, ‘I think the public’s smarter than that. The public values vaccines. But more importantly, I don’t think you should ever turn your back on any scientific hypothesis because you’re afraid of what it might show.’”
    http://www.cbsnews.com/news/leading-dr-vaccines-autism-worth-study/

• Twyla Reply

January 8, 2014 at 9:16 am

More from Dr. Healy and journalist Sharyl Attkisson:

“Healy says some in the government make the mistake of treating vaccines as an all-or-nothing proposition. The argument goes something like this: everybody gets vaccinated at the same time with the same vaccines or nobody will get vaccinated and long-gone deadly diseases will re-emerge. (When I [Sharyl Attkisson] asked about cases of brain damage resulting in autism that have been quietly compensated by the government in vaccine court over the years, one government official recently told me that ‘it’s still better overall to get vaccinated than not to get vaccinated.’)

“Healy says the argument need not be framed in those terms (vaccinate or don’t vaccinate). Instead, she says, we should vaccinate, but work to do it in the safest manner possible based on what we know and what we can find out.

“That’s what the parents of autistic children have told me as well. If we can screen children to see which ones might be more susceptible to vaccine side effects, and vaccinate them on a more personalized schedule that is safer for them, why wouldn’t we? If it’s safer for all children to have their vaccinations spread out, why wouldn’t we? Healy says it’s called ‘personalized medicine’ and is being done in virtually all areas of medicine today with the exception of vaccines. Yet the government continues to frame the conversation in all-or-nothing, ‘one-size-fits-all’ terms.

“Lastly, Healy says the government has a long way to go to even do basic research that could get at the heart of what she believes is an open question. For example: why in the past decade hasn’t the government compared the autism/ADD rate of unvaccinated children with that of vaccinated children? If the rate is the same, it tends to point away from vaccines. If the rate is markedly lower in unvaccinated children, it tends to point toward vaccines.

“The government has a dataset of unvaccinated children available. It has published more than one survey of parents of undervaccinated and unvaccinated children (to find out why the parents are choosing not to vaccinate). It would seem simple to use those same families to measure their rate of autism/ADD.”

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/the-open-question-on-vaccines-and-autism/

• Twyla Reply

January 8, 2014 at 9:21 am

The fact of the matter is, sometimes vaccines do cause autism. This needs to be better understood. There are more possible responses to this issue than, “Stop vaccinating” or “Continue vaccinating”. We need to understand mechanisms of injury, susceptibility factors, prevention, and treatment.

Hannah Poling:
      Etiology of Autism/Vaccine Damage/CHILD v. HHS
      http://www.autismpedia.org/wiki/index.php?title=Etiology_of_Autism/Vaccine_Damage/CHILD_v._HHS

Bailey Banks:
      http://www.uscfc.uscourts.gov/sites/default/files/Abell.BANKS.02-0738V.pdf

Valentino Bocca:
      http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2160054/MMR-A-mothers-victory-The-vast-majority-doctors-say-link-triple-jab-autism-Italian-court-case-reignite-controversial-debate.html

Elias Tembenis:
      http://www.rescuepost.com/files/lord-tembenis112910.pdf

Ryan Mojabi and Emily Moller:
      http://www.huffingtonpost.com/david-kirby/post2468343_b_2468343.html

Eric Lassiter:
      http://www.generationrescue.org/assets/Documents/lassiter-vs-us-federal-court.pdf

Richelle Oxley:
      http://www.generationrescue.org/assets/Documents/Cindy-Oxley-and-Steven-Oxley-v.pdf

83 more:
      Unanswered Questions from the Vaccine Injury Compensation Program: A Review of Compensated Cases of Vaccine-Induced Brain Injury
      http://digitalcommons.pace.edu/pelr/vol28/iss2/6/

Search VAERS:
      http://www.medalerts.org/vaersdb/index.php
      Select under #2 Symptoms “Autism” and “Autism Spectrum Disorder” and you will find over 2,300 reports

Sweeping these problems under the rug does not make our vaccine program stronger. A good vaccine program must address the unintended collateral damage of our war on germs.

• TLPG Reply

January 12, 2014 at 1:24 pm

In all of those cases, the subject was already on the Autistic Spectrum and a sensory overload occurred. Simple.

• truth Reply

January 12, 2014 at 3:23 pm

Not true, Dr. Poling Neurologist. And,his wife a Nurse wanted to know why their perfectly normal daughter had received 9 vaccines on one day. And in two days,she had Autism.

There was never a mention, by her dad or mom that she ever had Autism before vaccines. In fact,they said 2 days after the 9 vaccines and their N/T daughter was Autistic.

Why do you keep lying????

• TLPG Reply

January 12, 2014 at 6:44 pm

I’m not lying. Hannah was not normal – there’s no such thing. She had savant skills and they ignored it. She was already high functioning Autistic. Her mother admitted that she had those skills on CNN on the day of the decision. Wish I had the transcript – I would show it to you as proof! Hannah Poling was already on the Spectrum. Fact.

• bepatienz Reply

January 8, 2014 at 2:06 pm

Of course, since Dr. Healy is dead, she cannot keep up with the results of recent autism-related research. However, as a politician, administrator, and former cardiologist who had long since given up clinical practice, Healy might have had some difficulty keeping up, anyway, with the findings from the myriad but specialized fields of inquiry related to autism–so it must be very much harder for those who lack even a modicum of scientific or medical expertise. (I can scarcely imagine how hard it must be to comprehend the developmental basis of autism for those who rely on their own “research” on the internet.)

It’s interesting to note, though that since Healy’s untimely death much of the research that she noted as lacking before she died has been completed. The results of that research thoroughly eviscerate the position adopted years ago by anti-vaccine advocates. Here’s what that research shows:

1. Children who regress into autism have abnormal brain growth trajectories that are already evident by four to six months of age that is apparently due to abnormal proliferation of neurons early in gestation.

2. Children who go on to develop ASD already have abnormal accumulations of fluid in their brains by the earliest time point studied; prenatal MRI has shown that accumulation of this abnormal amount of extra-axial fluid begins before birth.

3. Children who abruptly regress and develop seizures with autism-like symptoms following vaccination actually have pre-existing mutations that cause the disorder, which occurs whether or not the child has been recently vaccinated. The mutations cause the same reaction after a period of apparently normal development in laboratory animals.

Additional recent research has shown:

4. Dramatic reductions in exposure to thimerosal have been followed by continuing increases in the prevalence of ASD in California, Denmark, Iceland, Quebec, and Sweden.

5. There is no relationship between receipt of MMR and the onset of symptoms of ASD or GI disease.

6. There is no dose-response relationship between thimerosal and ASD.

7. The number of antigens presented in vaccines is not related to the risk of ASD, and the prevalence of ASD among children in Iceland who received markedly fewer vaccines than were administered to US children was comparable to the prevalence in the US.

8. Half of ASD cases are associated with mutations (rare variants) in coding regions of the DNA; additional cases of ASD (up to half by another recent estimate) are caused by the cumulative effect of minor and common genetic variants, which were not considered in the recent genome wide sequencing study.

9. Perhaps one-fourth of ASD cases are associated with exposure to maternal antibodies which attack the brain of the developing fetus.

10. Parents routinely miss the subtle early signs of ASD and so may associate the development of the disorder with events that occurred much later than the condition would have been noted by a trained investigator–so parental associations of developmental regression with coincident vaccination is obviously meaningless.

11. The prevalence of ASD in Iceland is equivalent to that in the US, although children in Iceland receive fewer vaccines, no HepB vaccine, and no thimerosal.

Essentially everything that anti-vaccine advocates believe about the purported association of vaccination with the onset of ASD is clearly wrong. Dr. Healy would be pleased that the work has progressed to this point–where the vaccines-caused-an-epidemic-of-autism meme can be dismissed.

• Dorit Reiss Reply

January 9, 2014 at 6:07 am

Vaccine injuries – rare as they luckily are – are certainly not ignored. There is a lot of research into vaccine safety. When a problem is discovered, it is publicly announced and steps taken. This was recently done with the narcolepsy, apparently caused – very rarely – by one brand of swine flu vaccine; it was done when the first rotavirus vaccine was discovered to cause intussusception; and the pattern continues.
      What is appropriately treated with skepticism are claims of vaccine injury that go against the scientific evidence. Even there, it’s not the family’s suffering that is dismissed: it’s attempting to blame it on vaccines.
      Because deterring people from using life-saving vaccines based on stories with no evidence or against the evidence is, indeed, irresponsible. It’s a net loss.

• Truth Reply

January 10, 2014 at 12:05 am

That’s a little different,than having to announce that with every vaccine.

The American children, were getting closer and closer to being mercury poisoned.

Explain how Dr. Oz, could be worried about 30 ppb of arsenic in kids apple juice that’s BTW ingested.

But completely ignore, thousands of ppb’s of Thimerosal that’s BTW 50 % mercury by weight. That’s injected?

Within hours of the first breath that the child takes at birth?

And then,is vaccinated with as many as 9 others. Within months. Adding up to, tens of thousand of ppb’s of mercury. Considering,that arsenic is 500 times less toxic than the mercury our children were injected with.

If thirty ppb of arsenic, according to Dr Oz. Is something, we had better sit up and take notice of. For we do not know, the short or the long term health effects.

What is 10′s of thousands of ppb, of something that is injected.That’s 500 times more toxic. A total disaster?

Or the biggest mistake, ever made in medical history? Both!

• Dorit Reiss Reply

January 10, 2014 at 7:07 am

Thimerosal is not present in the current Hepatitis B vaccine, is not in other childhood vaccines except multi-dose vial flu, and the tiny amount in vaccines has never been shown harmful.

17. Twyla Reply

January 7, 2014 at 8:13 pm

It’s not actually called the “Center of Disease Control and Prevention”.

It is the “Centers for Disease Control and Preventioin.”

• Truth Reply

January 9, 2014 at 9:03 pm

Their incompetence,deserves a name change.

“Centers for the Destruction of Children” CDC

“Fools at the Drug Administration” FDA

“American Academy, of Pinheads” AAP

• TLPG Reply

January 12, 2014 at 1:25 pm

You are an idiot and a panic merchant. Vaccines are safe.

• Truth Reply

January 12, 2014 at 3:32 pm

Your CDC is the Panic Merchant,pushing worthless flu vaccines. By saying,that 36000 people die a yr from
          the flu. The Government Accountability Office, said
          that the CDC was misleading the public. By including everyone, who died of repository failure. Including,
          all the elderly. In other words, they were lying to
          hawk their useless flu poison.

That was a letter, from the GAO to the CDC!

• TLPG Reply

January 12, 2014 at 6:47 pm

I am Australian. My CDC? The flu does kill and that number was probably wider than just the USA. It targets the weak (the elderly and the children) and you want them all to die. You are pathetic. The flu vaccine is only having issues because the virus is evolving and has different strains that medicine is not keeping up with. Global warming is also a factor due to the quick change in temperature and humidity. Don’t use little bits like that to try and kill people.

• truth Reply

January 12, 2014 at 7:41 pm

Do you not get it? The GAO’s Office, called them the CDC out on their deceit.

• TLPG Reply

January 12, 2014 at 7:49 pm

You’re making a mountain out of a molehill.

18. Dorit Reiss Reply

January 7, 2014 at 4:45 pm

Thank you for this carefully reasoned, thoughtful, accurate analysis. It’s very well said and powerful.

19. bepatienz Reply

January 7, 2014 at 3:57 pm

It’s interesting to find yet another thread comment bombed by the “media editor” of a notorious antiscience, anti-vaccine web site, and her sidekick. All of this misinformation has been posted scores if not hundreds of times, and it has all been thoroughly refuted. For example:

Let’s unpack this comment: “On Fox News, May 10, 2011, New York University law professor Mary Holland discussed the fact that a stunning report from Pace Law School revealed that for years, parents have won vaccine damage suits resulting in autism in federal court, all the while the government denied doing so.”

It turns out that that oft-cited but absurdly anti-scientific TV spot about a thoroughly unscientific paper produced by lawyers with no scientific or medical training simply shows that the government compensated the families of some supposedly vaccine-injured children who, it turns out, were apparently NOT injured by vaccines but instead had pre-existing mutations that entirely explain their symptoms. It also clearly demonstrates that people like the media editor and the authors of that report are profoundly ignorant of the relevant scientific evidence that thoroughly eviscerates their anti-vaccine position–or they just pretend that it doesn’t exist.

In fact (1) children with such conditions have been repeatedly shown by independent groups of investigators to carry mutations that explain their abnormal development in which symptoms (including characteristics of autism) emerge after a period of apparently normal development; (2) children who have not been recently vaccinated can display the same symptoms, which completely explain the origin of the developmental seizure disorder seen in the cases cited in that report; (3) unvaccinated laboratory animals that carry the mutations develop the rat-or mouse-specific version of the same syndrome; (4) neuron cultures developed from such children are clearly abnormal in a way that explains the symptoms and the developmental course–and there’s no conceivable path from vaccination to mutation in the skin cells from which pluripotent stem cells were derived and converted to the abnormal neurons in culture–that’s just impossible.

The media editor’s other posts are similarly misguided.

• Maurine Meleck Reply

January 7, 2014 at 5:01 pm

There is no such thing as an epidemic of mutations either. Go back to school

• bepatienz Reply

January 7, 2014 at 6:31 pm

Of course you, like any sentient being interested in autism, must know that most of the increase in the apparent prevalence of ASD has been known for years to be due to factors having nothing whatsoever with vaccines: factors like changing diagnostic criteria, diagnostic substitution, and diagnostic accretion (in which a child who would formerly have been diagnosed as mentally retarded is now diagnosed as both mentally impaired and autistic.)

The question has been this: if there is actually a true increase in the incidence (not the prevalence) of ASD that remains after such factors are considered, what is the cause?

The evidence has for years suggested that, contrary to the naive and ignorant position adopted years ago by scientifically-illiterate anti-vaccine activists, the cause of any possible true increase in incidence is related to prenatal exposure–not to postnatal vaccination, despite what you’ve had printed on the t-shirt that you wear to the supermarket.

Speaking of going back to school, though, you might be interested in reading a nice paper that was published in Neuron last week; it showed that L1 element preferential transposition into autism- and schizophrenia-related genes is enhanced in schizophrenia just as it is in Rett syndrome, where regression following apparently normal development is due to a deficit of the product of the MECP2 gene—which regulates the activity of hundreds of genes, and which is _also_ deficient in the majority of post-mortem brain samples from individuals with ASD. This hypertransposition and mutation of neurologically-important genes occurs in a narrow, prenatal developmental windows.

You might put that on your t-shirt.

• lilady Reply

January 7, 2014 at 9:42 pm

I suggest that you go back to school Maurine Meleck.

You might start by taking some courses in immunology, virology, bacteriology, epidemiology and statistics.

You’re never too old to learn some science to counteract what you read written by the *scientists/journalists* at Age of Autism.

• Truth Reply

January 10, 2014 at 11:07 am

Keep reaching,you look as you are.D-e-s-p-e-r-a-t-e

• TLPG Reply

January 12, 2014 at 1:26 pm

No that’s you because you have no idea what you are really talking about.

20. Maurine Meleck Reply

January 7, 2014 at 1:12 pm

Mr. Grafft
    It’s ascary day in January when one reads a piece written by a student who is repeating line for line the CDC and media mantra without ever having done his won research(I have no doubt) We older people put so much hope on the youth of America to think outside the box. For that reason, the read isso very discouraging. If you had a child with autism like me or Jenny McCarthy, you might be humming a different melody. You see, there is no such thing as a genetic epidemic and in the 70′s the autism numbers were 1 in 10,000. Now the CDC syas 1 in 29 boys. Yet, you or the government make no effort to account for this 2 or 3 decade change. The only commonality of all these children is vaccines(and probably an inability to excrete toxins from their bodies in a timely fashion. I urge you not to be so quick to define someone by the word Playboy girl or I might be inclined you by the term “uneducated.”
    Maurine Meleck, SC

• Dorit Reiss Reply

January 7, 2014 at 4:47 pm

The connection between vaccines and autism has been thoroughly investigated. No credible evidence support such a link, and there is plenty on the other side. It’s been investigated, and found wrong.

It is a pity the anti-vaccine movement, if they really worry about autism, is not focusing on helping improve services for families with children with autism and prepare those children for life, rather than attacking vaccines that protect children against diseases.

• Maurine Meleck Reply

January 7, 2014 at 5:00 pm

How will our country ever improve services for them when the numbers of those affected keep growing. We need to put a stop to the epidemic NOW and sure improve services. But it won’t do any good when the numbers keep increasing every year.
        You live in a fantasy world. You don’t even comenear to approaching what is happening to generations of children.

• Dorit Reiss Reply

January 7, 2014 at 5:26 pm

First, it’s not clear that rates are increasing, rather than broadening of the criteria and better diagnosis.
          Second, your solution – stopping vaccines – won’t do anything, since all the credible evidence is that vaccines do not cause autism.
          Third, diverting resources to more research on vaccines doesn’t help finding the causes of autism and certainly doesn’t help research treatment options.

• Maurine Meleck Reply

January 7, 2014 at 5:43 pm

never said “stop the vaccines”, I said to stop the epidemic. You have any bright ideas on what is causing it since you believe that vaccines don’t.?

• Dorit Reiss Reply

January 7, 2014 at 5:46 pm

A. Note my comments above – it’s not clear it’s an epidemic.
              B. I’m glad to hear you support continuing to vaccinate and protect children against diseases.
              C. Research highlighted several genetic and pre-natal factors (including, for example, rubella infection during pregnancy – another reason to vaccinate), but the picture is not complete.

• Truth Reply

January 9, 2014 at 11:29 pm

It’s very interesting that you mentioned
                Rubella. The Idiot,that delivered my son. Gave my wife a rubella vaccine and then let her know it was Ok! to breast feed.

What is your thoughts on that?
                Is that why my son was destroyed.

• TLPG Reply

January 13, 2014 at 1:01 pm

Your son was not destroyed, you bigoted fool.

• Truth Reply

January 9, 2014 at 11:33 pm

You who defend this insanity, make no sense. The premise of vaccine, is totally flawed.

Destroying our children,and then denying it

• TLPG Reply

January 13, 2014 at 1:02 pm

Children are not being destroyed. You don’t understand the real origins of Autism and you don’t want to.

• Twyla Reply

January 7, 2014 at 9:10 pm

It’s quite clear and obvious that autism has increased substantially over the past 30 years.

• TLPG Reply

January 12, 2014 at 1:27 pm

The Autistic Spectrum was always there. It’s just being diagnosed better hence the increase in prevalence. The Wild Boy of Aveyron was Autistic.

• Twyla Reply

January 17, 2014 at 10:47 pm

Dorit, here you say, “it’s not clear that rates are increasing, rather than broadening of the criteria and better diagnosis.” But in a comment above you said that “autism rates keep climbing” although there is less thimerosal in vaccines than there used to be.

I often hear that from vaccine defenders: We have no idea whether the obvious huge increase in autism over the past 30 years is real, yet somehow we know that autism has been increasing over the past 10 years.

Oddly, the CDC has not provided current stats.
            http://www.cdc.gov/ncbddd/autism/data.html
            The CDC issued autism rates for babies born from 1992 to 2000, showing an increase from 1 in 150 to 1 in 88. But then they stopped. They have not shown the rate for babies born in 2002 or 2004.

They did issue a phone survey, with different methodology and not focussing on a single birth cohort, which found a rate of 1 in 55. Why didn’t they continue with the above chart? And now the DSM-IV is being replaced by the DSM-V with a new definition of autism inconsistent with the old, making comparisons that much more difficult. Why?

• TLPG Reply

January 20, 2014 at 3:55 pm

Why blame the CDC for that, Twyla? All that happened was that all DX’s on the Spectrum were combined, and which is NOT inconsistent by the way!

The climb comes from better DXing, and increases in sensory overloads of the sixth sense (instinct) as well as the occasional overload from the other five senses. Note that these overloads are only possible in those who are already on the Autistic Spectrum.

• Twyla Reply

January 7, 2014 at 9:07 pm

There is no “anti-vaccine movement”. There are a number of people who are very concerned about our current out-of-control vaccine program, though, and many of these same people are working very hard to prepare their children for life in a gazillion ways, to help improve services (medical, educational, therapeutic, vocational), and to provide support to families and individuals with autism.

• lilady Reply

January 7, 2014 at 11:02 pm

There most certainly is an anti-vaccine movement. Are you claiming that Age of Autism and its affiliate Generation Rescue (Jenny McCarthy’s organization) are not anti-vaccine, Twyla?

One needs to only peruse the topics featured on their websites to find anti-vaccine and anti-science topics and their concerted efforts to scare credulous parents away from having their children vaccinated, according to the AAP and CDC Recommended Childhood Vaccines.

The *journalists* who write the articles about the dangers of vaccines, the supposed crooked doctors, researchers, scientists and public health staff who are part of *Big Pharma*, are proof positive that their goal is to destroy public health initiatives to protect babies and children from contracting serious, sometimes deadly, vaccine-preventable-diseases.

AoA derives revenue from selling advertising space to hawkers of supplements, megavitamins and purveyors of Hyperbaric oxygen chambers. The paid staff derive income from the advertiser who sells IV intrathecal stem cell treatments in unregulated offshore clinics…all offered to gullible parents who subject their autistic kids to these bizarre not-clinically-indicated “treatments”.

Why does AoA and Generation Rescue continually support the disgraced and discredited former medical doctors Andrew Wakefield and Mark Geier?

Why does Jenny McCarthy invite Andrew Wakefield and Mark Geier (who lost his medical licenses because he chemically castrated and chelated autistic kids), to be featured speakers at her yearly Autism One-Generation Rescue Conferences?

Why is Kerri Rivera, the purveyor of industrial bleach for parents to dose their autistic kids orally and through industrial bleach enemas, again listed as a featured speaker at the 2014 Autism One-Generation Rescue Conference?

Don’t try to convince me or anyone else that these groups are not anti-vaccine and purveyors of quackery.

• Truth Reply

January 9, 2014 at 9:31 pm

You don’t get it. The CDC FDA AAP nor the IACC
            Has given us nothing!

10 yr’s and over one billion dollars spent.

And this is a sample their latest brilliant statements,Autism is a complicated mysterious
            disease. With no known cause or cure.

Out of California, and other states. They are finding, the symptoms are tied to bowel health.

Dr. Wakefields, words decades ago.

The parents have been screaming for decades, it was vaccines. And our children,they are suffering in their Guts! The IACC completely ignores the parents. And studies,
            almost exclusively nothing but Genetic causes.

Although the head of the IACC after denying
            for yr’s the increase is real. Makes a statement that should have gotten him fired and put in prison.
            Head of IACC’s words.

Dr Insel

This is, a real increase. How we prepare a Nation, for 1 million who may need significant amounts of services. He then says, 80 % are under 18. And they are working their way through the system, like a wave!

He left out the word, TIDAL!WAVE.

• TLPG Reply

January 13, 2014 at 1:04 pm

People like you deserve nothing but contempt and that’s what you are getting. The increase is due to better diagnostics and nothing else. Live with it.

• Twyla Reply

January 8, 2014 at 8:43 am

Yes, lilady, AoA and GR are not anti-vaccine.

Dan Olmsted and Mark Blaxill are two of the editors of the web site Age of Autism, and also authored a book called The Age of Autism. Here is what they say about the “antivaccine” label on page 5 of this book:

“In tracing the history of autism, we cannot avoid discussion of what we have already acknowledged as a controversial topic: vaccines. Some critics have labeled us antivaccine for even broaching the subject. But our interest has more to do with vaccination as a risk factor, perhaps one of several. We want to state explicitly that we support vaccines as long as they are individually and collectively tested for safety, and not deployed excessively, as part of an overall policy to promote childhood health… We support progress and innovation… We simply want to stop an autism epidemic whose origin we believe can be discerned from a careful examination of its environmental history.

“Vaccines have played an important role in public health, from the eradication of smallpox to the near-eradication of the rubella virus that can cause fetal harm… But too many vaccines too early may be a part of the toxic picture, which almost certainly argues for fewer vaccines delivered with careful attention to the potential for adverse reactions…”

This is not so simple — not just black and white, for or against. We are talking about complex scientific and medical issues.

• Dorit Reiss Reply

January 9, 2014 at 6:14 am

The fact that anti-vaccine activists deny the label is not to their credit. These people reject all modern vaccines – and older ones too (cue the attacks on the polio vaccines). They are not seeking to make vaccines safer; scientists are actually doing that. They seek to remove the protection of vaccines from children, without proposing an alternative.
            For most of us, the price – children harmed and lost by diseases, because of false fears with no evidence behind them – is too high.

• Maurine Meleck Reply

January 9, 2014 at 6:30 am

All this bantering back and Forth is going nowhere. Educate yourselves before you vaccinate. Vaccine choice and parental consent, We will keep our rights. You want to vaccinate, nobody is stopping you.

• Dorit Reiss Reply

January 9, 2014 at 6:34 am

Parents should certainly educate themselves. If they get the full data, they will see why the medical and scientific consensus supports vaccinating. The problem is that there is a lot of misinformation out there. Studies showed that looking for the term “vaccination” brings up a majority of inaccurate anti-vaccine sites (see also: http://chronicle.com/blogs/conversation/2014/01/07/distinguishing-science-from-nonsense/?cid=at&utm_source=at&utm_medium=en). Here is a page that collects links to reliable, science-based resources on vaccines: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Credible-sources-on-vaccines/394399423985819. It opens with an article offering guidance on how to distinguish sources: http://www.pedsforparents.com/articles/2846.shtml

• Maurine Meleck Reply

January 9, 2014 at 6:17 pm

Well, if you were able to find the information to make your choice, I am sure others can do the same.

• Twyla Reply

January 10, 2014 at 8:08 am

These comments are starting to look like ee cummings poems.

• Truth

January 10, 2014 at 4:32 pm

not cause Autism.

Where have I heard that before?

• Chris Hickie, MD, PhD Reply

January 8, 2014 at 8:50 am

Stop with the pretend, Twyla. You and your lot would send us back to the stone age and eliminate all vaccines if you could. You do dangerous and deadly “therapies” to autistic children like chelation therapy (confirmed fatalities), chemical castration and bleach enemas. HOW DARE you tell me that vaccines aren’t safe or effective when you do stuff that isn’t tested and to anyone with even half a brain clearly isn’t safe.

• Twyla Reply

January 8, 2014 at 9:33 am

Dr.? Hickie, it is ridiculous to bring up “chemical castration” and “bleach enemas” all the time. I have never used those treatments and I don’t know anyone who has. There are arguments that can be made for or against those treatments, but that’s not even what we’re talking about here. Those are just inflammatory sounding words. As for chelation, I have not done that either. Chelation has some risks but it helps some children. The debate over treatments is complex and you are just throwing out those terms as if you can thereby discredit anyone who has even the most indirect association with anyone who has talked about those treatments. It’s really a stretch, and has no bearing on whether our vaccine program needs reform.

• Truth Reply

January 9, 2014 at 9:50 pm

You are a DR??????

How is it, you know nothing about the hundreds to thousands of inner city kids. That were chelated. By order of the CDC?????

In fact, a person from the CDC said. We have, several chelation sites all over the US.

On the CDC’s website,
            it states if you get to much mercury,it’s necessary to chelate.

Also, your a DR. and you know nothing about Pinks disease. And the only way,that it was eradicated. Was by, chelation.

The death you are referring to, was addressed by the CDC
            back when it happened.

The CDC spokesperson said,that Chelation is usually safe. This was an unfortunate mistake, the Dr. accidentally used the wrong chelation therapy agent. It striped out the boys calcium,and the boy died. He identified 2 types of chelation.

And said it was an accident. The CDC and the AAP, seized the chance to say parents are doing dangerous chelation.

I guess,they forgot, all those inner city kids they chelated the lead out of.

If their were deaths as you say, (I know of only one) how many did the CDC sponsored chelation therapy sites kill?

Please reply?

• TLPG Reply

January 13, 2014 at 1:05 pm

None, because they would be used properly for only genuine heavy metal poisoning cases. They would never open one for Autism. Fact.

• Twyla Reply

January 8, 2014 at 8:55 am

As for Dr. Wakefield, there are many reasons why people continue to support him, as described here:

Mary Holland’s article in Chapter 25 of the book Vaccine Epidemic, available online here:
          http://vaccineepidemic.com/images/vech25.pdf
          and footnotes here:
          http://vaccineepidemic.com/images/vech25notes.pdf

“Articles of Interest” here:

http://www.wesupportandywakefield.com/

• Dorit Reiss Reply

January 9, 2014 at 6:16 am

There are many reasons people continue to support him. He’s charismatic, well spoken, and says what they want to hear. He has also been shown to be a bad scientist – in the deepest way: doing flawed, unethical research. It is unfortunate that there are still people who rely on his word and pour money into the untested treatments he offers.

• Truth Reply

January 9, 2014 at 7:58 pm

I do believe that the CDC,AAP, and all the vaccine the pushers are getting really desperate. When their most sited research, was done by a researcher that’s on the run. A fugitive that on the run,for allegedly stealing almost 2 million dollars. From them! The CDC.

He will steal from you,but he won’t do the fraudulent research. That you asked for????

CDC in a FOIA email, to Poul Thorsen. “we are only interested,in what will exonerate the CDC and vaccines. why are they in shock? He must think,that he’s has been given a license to steal. He Poul delivers them, the proof that giving an IQ lowering neural toxic compound to babies within hours of the first breath of life. Is,perfectly safe.

• Dorit Reiss Reply

January 9, 2014 at 8:15 pm

A. To remind you, Thorsen was one of many authors of the study. He was not the lead author, the one doing all the work (unlike, for example, Mr. Wakefield, in his flawed study); he was not the last author, the lab owner/senior in the group; he was just one of the crowd. How exactly does his embezzlement – assuming he’ll be convicted – affect the results?
                B. To remind you, the Denmark study is one of many, all finding the same result: no link between vaccines and autism.

The data is very clear. Study after study after study. In multiple countries, by multiple independent teams of researchers. Finding the same results. No link between vaccines and autism. No study, on its own, is perfect. But when the results are so clearly reproduced across countries, methodologies, institutions, they’re very, very, very compelling.
                No wonder, given this powerful body of data, that the anti-vaccine movement has no choice but to resort to conspiracy theories and ad-hominem attacks. But they really are not a substitute for data.

• Truth Reply

January 10, 2014 at 11:16 am

Poul THorsen, was told “we are only interested in what will exonerate the CDC and vaccines. I bet, he was not the only researcher told that. He’s just the one caught,ripping off the money.

Question, he been indicted and there’s a warrant out for his arrest. Why a year later,has he not been picked up in Denmark? Answer is, he will sing like a canary. And many at the CDC, would be headed to prison.

• Dorit Reiss Reply

January 10, 2014 at 4:37 pm

Do you have evidence that Poul Thorsen was told that? Or that the research was in any way flawed?
          As explained above, the Danish study was done by a large group of researchers. Thorsen was neither lead nor senior, just one in a crowd, and there’s no evidence any of the others was an issue.
          Further, the Danish study is only one in many, many studies, all consistently finding the same: no link between vaccines and autism. The question was asked and answered.

• truth Reply

January 10, 2014 at 4:51 pm

The indictment states,he Poul was working with others known and unknown by this grand jury. Take your pick,
            was it the other researchers? Or the CDC? that he was committing fraud with.

You can’t win this, don’t try. They have left a trail of deceit,and criminal activity that’s miles and miles long.

And American children,body count to go along with it.

• Dorit Reiss Reply

January 10, 2014 at 4:53 pm

There is no evidence the data was manipulated. There is no evidence of corruption among the other researchers. Throwing baseless accusations doesn’t undermine the study. You’ve pointed to no problem with it, or with the many, many other studies, from all around the world, by different teams of researchers, which looked for a link between vaccines and autism – and found none. It’s not there.

• Truth Reply

January 10, 2014 at 5:19 pm

How do you live with your self, selling your self like a street walker. Prolonging the Autism epidemic.

You write,because you are paid to do so. I write, because I am trying to keep children. From being destroyed by the Dangerous out of control vaccine program.

• Dorit Reiss Reply

January 10, 2014 at 5:29 pm

I have no problem living with my efforts to speak up for protecting children against diseases via vaccines, but I do appreciate your concern.

• TLPG Reply

January 12, 2014 at 1:31 pm

No you are writing to kill children via preventable diseases. You are pathetic.

• lilady Reply

January 7, 2014 at 9:52 pm

Why don’t you go back and post your comments on Age of Autism…where they are appreciated.

How would you describe Jenny McCarthy who used her child’s diagnosis of autism to revive her moribund career as a D-List celebrity and who proudly proclaims her degree is from Google U.?

The United States Government and governments from around the world, as well as Academic Institutes, have investigated any links between vaccines, the ingredients in vaccines, the timing and spacing of vaccines…and the onset of autism. There.are.no.links.period.

Stop referring to your autistic grandchildren as “vaccine damaged”. It is an abomination.

21. Anne McElroy Dachel Reply

January 7, 2014 at 10:54 am

The FDA actually allows the vaccine makers to do their own safety studies; they merely accept the results.
    Hundreds of individuals at the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention have conflict waivers because of their ties to the vaccine industry.
    The last head of the CDC, Dr. Julie Gerberding, a long time denier of any link, is now head of the vaccine division at Merck.
    This is the question CBS News asked in 2008, “How Independent Are Vaccine Defenders?”

http://www.cbsnews.com/videos/how-independent-are-vaccine-defenders/

Anne Dachel, Media editor: Age of Autism

22. Anne McElroy Dachel Reply

January 7, 2014 at 10:53 am

Dr. Sarah Bridges was on Fox News in 2011 talking about how son developed autism following routine vaccinations. The government agreed and she was awarded an $7 to $8 million settlement for lifetime care. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tXp4hM3eQuI

• TLPG Reply

January 12, 2014 at 6:49 pm

The boy was already on the Spectrum, Dachel. Stop lying.

23. Anne McElroy Dachel Reply

January 7, 2014 at 10:53 am

The short trailer to the movie The Greater Good, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ulmEGbwQsOU makes it clear that there are experts on both sides and a lot of serious questions that need to be asked. The medical community and health officials promote vaccines as the greatest achievement in modern medicine yet there is growing fear over vaccine side effects.

• Dorit Reiss Reply

January 7, 2014 at 4:48 pm

The movie The Greater Good is anti-vaccine propaganda. It is structured around the stories of three suffering children and their families, presenting them as vaccine injuries – but upon close examination, there is no good evidence any of those children’s suffering was caused by a vaccine, and some evidence to the contrary: http://scienceblogs.com/insolence/2011/11/18/anti-vaccine-propaganda-lands-in-new-yor/. It then presents serious vaccine experts, like Dr. Paul Offit as equivalent to known anti-vaccine activists with no background in immunology, like Barbara Loe Fisher and other anti-vaccine activists, doing its best to paint a false picture that overestimates the dangers of vaccines. It is certainly not evidence of a link between vaccines and autism and does not counter the many studies debunking that link.
      Here is the court decision showing why the first story, Gabi Swank’s, was probably not from the vaccine: http://www.uscfc.uscourts.gov/gabrielle-swank-minor-and-through-her-natural-mother-and-next-friend-shannon-schrag-v-secretary-hea-0

• Twyla Reply

January 7, 2014 at 10:30 pm

The movie The Greater Good is an excellent movie, and not propagandistic. I recommend that readers see the movie and decide for yourselves what you think of it.

• Dorit Reiss Reply

January 8, 2014 at 3:53 am

If by excellent movie you mean a fun experience, potentially. But excellent documentaries, in my book, are accurate. Using three stories where the evidence counters the claims of vaccine injury as examples of vaccine injuries fails that test.
          Presenting people with no expertise in immunizations as equivalent to immunologists also fails that.

• Twyla Reply

January 8, 2014 at 7:45 am

Dorit, you consistently ignore/dismiss ALL evidence of vaccine problems.

• TLPG Reply

January 12, 2014 at 1:33 pm

The only problem that may exist is the delivery system, not the vaccine itself. A poor worker blames their tools. Vaccines are tools. They can be misused and that is the reason for the vast majority of vaccine injuries.

• Twyla Reply

January 8, 2014 at 9:25 am

To clarify, it is an excellent, accurate documentary with interviews of scientists, doctors, govt officials, and parents – representing various sides of these issues.
            http://www.greatergoodmovie.org/store/

• TLPG Reply

January 13, 2014 at 1:07 pm

BS propaganda and very little real knowledge. Greater Good is the biggest misnomer of all time.

• Chris Hickie, MD, PhD Reply

January 8, 2014 at 8:51 am

Not only does Dachel’s website advocate for autism treatments like saunas and bleach (yes, BLEACH) enemas for autism, she and her ilk actually have the gall to demand we deliberately not vaccinate infants in a “study” only because she and her followers are too ignorant, dumb or stupid to understand the wealth of scientific studies out there already showing NO LINK between vaccines and autism. Such a “study” would be immoral and unethical as unimmunized infants and children would contract vaccine-preventable diseases that kill and maim. The risk of unvaccinated children in this “study” contracting these diseases is even higher now, thanks to the driving down of vaccination rates in the US (look at how low they have become in Washington and all the whooping cough your are seeing) by Dachel and other anti-vaccinationists. No, Anne, you will not get the chance to hurt more children in addition to the ones you’ve cause to bleed out their rectums from your abusive bleach enemas. Game over.

• Twyla Reply

January 8, 2014 at 8:58 am

Nobody is advocating for a study where parents have no choice on whether their children are vaccinated. A retrospective study could be done in humans comparing health conditions among vaxed and unvaxed children. A double-blind prospective study could be done with animals.

Your other statements are ludicrous and I don’t have time to address them all.

• TLPG Reply

January 13, 2014 at 1:09 pm

You are a fool. Vaccines are safe and any parent who refuses to vaccinate their children (unless they have a genuine clashing medical condition) should lose them to the state as uncaring and unfit parents.

• Twyla Reply

January 8, 2014 at 9:03 am

There has not been a significant decline in vaccine rates. In fact, more vaccines have been added to the schedule, and the uptake rates continue to be much higher than in prior decades.

This CDC table shows vaccine uptake rates from 1962 to 2009 – a steady increase.
        http://www.cdc.gov/vaccines/pubs/pinkbook/downloads/appendices/G/coverage.pdf

Here is a graph showing increases in vaccine rates from1994 to 2012:
        http://www.cdc.gov/vaccines/stats-surv/nis/figures/2012_map.htm

Here is one more chart, showing among other things that the percentage of children receiving no vaccines increased from 0.6% in 2008 to 0.8% in 2012.
        http://i0.wp.com/www.skepticalraptor.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2013/09/vaccine-uptake-2013-2012.jpg

Were we having terrible epidemics in the 1980′s when vaccine coverage levels were 55% to 65% ? This table gives the lie to those who are claiming that there is a crisis justifying censorship and mandates and suing the unvaccinated. Why are we suddenly in such dire need of 99% vaccine rates for so many diseases? Vaccines should be a personal choice, based on the best available medical advice, taking into account family and individual health history.

• Dorit Reiss Reply

January 9, 2014 at 6:20 am

A. Vaccine rates have gone down and are now slowly climbing up again. The problem is communities where there is a concentration of non-vaccinated people – which are more vulnerable to outbreaks.
          B. In the 1980s, 16000 children were infected with Hepatitis B each year; before the HiB vaccine, ten thousand children or more got HiB. And so forth. Yes, each year children suffered and died in ways they don’t now.

24. Anne McElroy Dachel Reply

January 7, 2014 at 10:52 am

On Fox News, May 10, 2011, New York University law professor Mary Holland discussed the fact that a stunning report from Pace Law School revealed that for years, parents have won vaccine damage suits resulting in autism in federal court, all the while the government denied doing so. http://video.foxnews.com/v/4687300/law-school-links-autism-vaccines-in-report/

• Dorit Reiss Reply

January 7, 2014 at 4:49 pm

In none of the cases in Holland’s report was compensation awarded because a child’s autism was caused by vaccines – in all of them compensation was awarded for other reasons. With the rate of autism in the population, it’s hardly surprising that some of the children awarded compensation because vaccines may have caused their injury also had autism (to remind you, the NVICP has a reduced burden of proof and is very generous in compensating plaintiffs with problematic cases). In fact as this blog post calculates, the rate of children with autism compensated is pretty low: (http://www.sciencebasedmedicine.org/when-you-cant-win-on-science-invoke-the-law-2/
      Ms. Holland also included cases of “autism-like” symptoms. This post may demonstrate the problem with that: http://www.harpocratesspeaks.com/2011/05/help-i-have-polio.html.

• Twyla Reply

January 8, 2014 at 7:48 am

Yes, as Mary Holland describes here, the court is not willing to say that vaccines cause autism, but has compensated claims for the underlying causes, e.g. encephalitis or encephalopathy.
        http://mediamatters.org/video/2010/09/25/fox-asks-autism-correlation-coverup-vaccine-cla/171152

• bepatienz Reply

January 8, 2014 at 4:21 pm

Holland identified cases that were compensated for alleged vaccine-induced encephalopathy that produced seizure syndromes following a period of apparently normal development. Such cases have been studied by independent groups of investigators who consistently demonstrated that they were due to pre-existing mutations, not to vaccinations.

The mutations cause the same syndrome (1) in children who have not been recently vaccinated (as in the majority of cases,) (2) in unvaccinated laboratory animals, and (3) in neurons cultured from an affected individuals who, following a period of normal development, regressed and developed seizures; however, (4) mutations affecting the same genes can also cause either (a) delayed intellectual impairment without associated seizure disorders and (b) febrile seizures without intellectual impairment–and there are numerous other, similar genes that cause similar syndromes. Moreover (5) neuron cultures derived from the via pluripotent stem cells from the skin of affected individuals are demonstrate the defect responsible for the syndrome, and there is no way that that can be due to vaccination. Accordingly, the “Vaccine Court” has begun to deny compensation in such cases.

Holland’s anti-scientific paper is repeatedly raised by people who cannot or will not understand the clear scientific evidence.

–Wiznitzer M. Dravet syndrome and vaccination: when science prevails over speculation. Lancet Neurol. 2010 Jun;9(6):559-61.
          –Reyes IS et al. Alleged Cases of Vaccine Encephalopathy Rediagnosed Years Later as Dravet Syndrome. Pediatrics. 2011 Sep;128(3):e699-702.
          –Berkovic SF et al. De-novo mutations of the sodium channel gene SCN1A in alleged vaccine encephalopathy: a retrospective study. Lancet Neurol. 2006 Jun;5(6):488-92.
          –Higurashi N et al. A human Dravet syndrome model from patient induced pluripotent stem cells. Mol Brain. 2013 May 2;6:19.
          –Cheah CS et al.Correlations in timing of sodium channel expression, epilepsy, and sudden death in Dravet syndrome. Channels (Austin). 2013 Aug 21;7(6)
          –Tro-Baumann B et al. A retrospective study of the relation between vaccination and occurrence of seizures in Dravet syndrome. Epilepsia. 2011 Jan;52(1):175-8.
          –Li BM et al. Autism in Dravet syndrome: prevalence, features, and relationship to the clinical characteristics of epilepsy and mental retardation. Epilepsy Behav. 2011 Jul;21(3):291-5.
          –McIntosh AM et al. Effects of vaccination on onset and outcome of Dravet syndrome: a retrospective study. Lancet Neurol. 2010 Jun;9(6):592-8.
          –Catarino CB et al. Dravet syndrome as epileptic encephalopathy: evidence from long-term course and neuropathology. Brain. 2011 Oct;134(Pt 10):2982-3010.
          –Okumura A et al. Acute encephalopathy in children with Dravet syndrome. Epilepsia. 2012 Jan;53(1):79-86
          –Wolff M et al. Dravet C. Severe myoclonic epilepsy of infants (Dravet syndrome): natural history and neuropsychological findings. Epilepsia. 2006;47 Suppl 2:45-8.
          –Bender AC et al. Focal Scn1a knockdown induces cognitive impairment without seizures. Neurobiol Dis. 2013 Jun;54:297-307.
          –Liu Y et al. Dravet syndrome patient-derived neurons suggest a novel epilepsy mechanism. Ann Neurol. 2013 Jul;74(1):128-39.
          –Jiao J et al. Modeling Dravet syndrome using induced pluripotent stem cells (iPSCs) and directly converted neurons. Hum Mol Genet. 2013 Nov 1;22(21):4241-52.

25. Anne McElroy Dachel Reply

January 7, 2014 at 10:52 am

This report fails to mention that neither the doctor nor the vaccine maker can be held responsible for any vaccine side effects. They’ve been protected by federal law. Instead injured parties have to appeal to a federal program where they’re up against government lawyers defending a government program using governmnet money. Very few victims of vaccine injury are ever compensated.

26. Anne McElroy Dachel Reply

January 7, 2014 at 10:49 am

We’re told that the link between vaccines and autism “has been shown to be fraudulent.” That’s simply not true and the U.S. government agrees.

HDNet TV exposed the fact that while health officials continue to tell us studies show no link, the federal government has paid out millions of dollars for compensation for vaccine injuries that included autism.
    http://www.ebcala.org/unanswered-questions

Video “Mixed Signals” On HDNet TV: http://blip.tv/hdnet-world-report/vaccines-and-autism-mixed-signals-5479546

• Dorit Reiss Reply

January 7, 2014 at 5:28 pm

No, actually. NVICP has never compensated a case on the theory that vaccines caused autism, and in fact rejected the claim in the Autism Omnibus Proceeding. The fact that some of the children compensated for vaccine injuries also had autism does not make autism a vaccine injury. They were compensated for other things.

• bepatienz Reply

January 7, 2014 at 8:34 pm

The HDNet TV spot discussed the anti-scientific, ill-informed study by attorneys who in precise scientific terms, couldn’t find their butts with either or both hands with respect to the scientific evidence regarding autism. It’s interesting that anti-vaccine advocates continue to disregard the evidence that clearly shows that the “study” that they support simply shows their own ignorance. The earth isn’t flat, and citing a study by attorneys who believe that the earth is flat doesn’t really support the position that the earth is flat.

• Chris Hickie, MD, PhD Reply

January 8, 2014 at 8:57 am

To understand the lunacy of Anne Dachel, consider (1) Mr. Andrew Wakefield (the person who started this false panic when he published his fraudulent paper claiming a link between the MMR vaccine and austism)is no longer a physician, having lost his medical license for many unethical actions(both with patients and in the lab) during his “research” (all of which has been retracted by those who published it) (2) Only Wakefield and a few of those physicians (all of whom have multiple medical board disciplinary actions against them) who hang with him at his cash-only “clinics” in the US (where Wakefield has fled from his home country of England) make this bowel disease claim for autism, and (3) Meanwhile Dachel and her group promote giving autistic children bleach enemas as a “cure” for autism–which it is not, but is clearly CHILD ABUSE. Do you really want to take vaccine advice from Dachel over that of your child’s pediatrician?

• Maurine Meleck Reply

January 8, 2014 at 10:54 am

You doctors just don’t get it(what autism really is) so I would certainly listen to Anne, with a son on the spectrum)
        bef and no increaseore I would ever listen to a pediatrician. When are you going to understand we should stop calling it autism. It no longer fits the illness. Autism(encephalopathy or immune disorder) is a neurodevelopmental and metabolic illness that affects ev ery organ in the body. Autism is medical, Autism is an epidemic. Autism is man made. Children can recover with biomed treatments.(I have recovered one child myself)
        You and Doritt can come back and say things like-autism is mental, there is no epidemic, we need ABA therapy, it’s genetic and all that nonsense, but there are tens of thousands Autism doctors and scientists too) og us that know you are wrong for whatever reasons you have.
        Arguing with Anne or me won’t get you anywhere. The truth wins out in the end.

• TLPG Reply

January 12, 2014 at 6:51 pm

The truth is that Autism has been around since before vaccines were introduced. I refer you to the Wild Boy of Aveyron. Autism is not an epidemic. It is genetic. You have recovered no one, you liar. Anyone on the Spectrum stays there. They can move up and down the Spectrum, but not off it.

27. Anne McElroy Dachel Reply

January 7, 2014 at 10:49 am

People need to educate themselves on vaccine effectiveness and safety.

See the National Vaccine Information Center http://www.nvic.org/.

This is a link to a list of approximately 150 scientists and physicians who have serious concerns about vaccine safety.

http://www.greatergoodmovie.org/news-views/doctors-and-scientists-with-concerns-about-vaccines/

There are over 200 independent studies done by well-credentialed experts that raise serious concerns about vaccine side effects shown on The Greater Good website

http://www.greatergoodmovie.org/learn-more/science/.

If you are a worried parent, you are not alone. If you or your child has been vaccine-injured, you are not alone.

• Dorit Reiss Reply

January 7, 2014 at 5:31 pm

If people need to educate themselves, they should use credible sources. None of the anti-vaccine links above fit that bill. This site might have some better sources: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Credible-sources-on-vaccines/394399423985819.

To give an example of the problem with Ms. Dachel’s sources, let’s look at NVIC.
      The National Vaccine Information Center, which in spite of its name is an anti-vaccination organization, has no experts in immunology. The vast majority of scientists and doctors point out that the risks of not vaccinating dramatically outweigh the risks of vaccinating. It’s not a good place to get your vaccine information.
      See, for example, NVIC’s discussion of measles: http://www.nvic.org/vaccines-and-diseases/Measles.aspx.
      Of the MMR viruses, measles is the most serious in the sick – with about one in a thousand dead, and one in a thousand suffering encephalitis, and relatively high rates of other complications – pneumonia and ear infection that can lead to deafness. Rubella can kill the unborn or leave them with severe disabilities – though it is mild in children. But here is why NVIC is a bad source, and how it misleads: it lists MMR complications as well as diseases, but does not point out their relative frequency. With encephalitis, for example, having a frequency of one in a thousand from measles and less than one in a million from MMR, that is a significant omission. http://www.health.gov.au/internet/immunise/publishing.nsf/Content/D35CD18A3985212ECA2574E2000F9A4F/$File/quick_sideeffects.pdf.
      Then, they present claims filed through the National Vaccine Injury Compensation Program – not claims compensated, i.e., not those that could actually show the vaccine caused their injury. So their numbers also include cases that could not win even under the program’s lenient standards of proof – claims that were probably not from the vaccine.
      Their next set of numbers draws on VAERS reports. But VAERS is a passive reporting system – anyone can report anything (a physician once reported that the influenza vaccine turned him into the incredible hulk, and it was accepted) and research suggests most reports are not caused by the vaccine: http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/23063829. So presenting VAERS numbers as if they show how many serious events the vaccine actually caused is misleading.
      They end by saying vaccinated people can still get the disease – I’m looking at measles – which is true, but they don’t say how often, and that’s important here because two doses of MMR offer long term protection to 99% of people against measles. http://www.cdc.gov/Mmwr/preview/mmwrhtml/00053391.htm.

See also this post, analyzing the inaccuracies in NVIC’s recent billboard campaign: http://www.harpocratesspeaks.com/2013/03/nvic-know-omissions.html.

In short, the NVIC information is presented in a way that might mislead the reader to underestimate the risks of the disease, overestimate the risks of the vaccine, and underestimate its effectiveness. This type of problematic presentation is why NVIC is a really bad place to get your vaccine information.

The rest of Ms. Dachel’s sources are of the same type.

28. Anne McElroy Dachel Reply

January 7, 2014 at 10:47 am

Grafft believes that even if there were a link between vaccines and autism, it’s worth the risk.

I doubt if the parents of severely autistic children would agree.

Here are two stories from Age of Autism that show what autism really is.

http://www.ageofautism.com/2013/07/if-autism-brought-blindness-instead-of-apraxic-mutism-would-media-care.html

http://www.ageofautism.com/2013/07/the-pretty-and-the-ugly-sides-of-autism.html

• TLPG Reply

January 12, 2014 at 6:52 pm

Both are misrepresentations and should be removed from public display.

29. Anne McElroy Dachel Reply

January 7, 2014 at 10:46 am

Jay Grafft’s op/ed piece is absolute proof that people to investigate the issue for themselves. Grafft infers that there’s been some sort of study done comparing vaccinated and unvaccinated children. That’s never happened.

For years parents in the autism community have asked for a simple comparison study of fully-vaccinated and never-vaccinated children. It would settle the question overnight. If one in every 50 never-vaccinated children also has autism, the proof would be there for everyone to see. There are now so many parents too afraid to vaccinate that the study group is out there. Our health officials do retrospective studies like this all the time but they refuse to call for one that could end the most heated controversy in pediatric medicine. We all should be asking why. Unless and until this study is done, the question remains open.

• Dorit Reiss Reply

January 7, 2014 at 4:50 pm

Here is an explanation why this is neither necessary nor feasible: http://www.redwineandapplesauce.com/2013/12/21/the-one-study-or-why-the-anti-vaccine-movement-doesnt-really-understand-science/.

In addition, some retrospective work was actually done. A large scale study in Germany compared to unvaccinated children, finding no difference except that unvaccinated children had higher rates of vaccine preventable diseases (http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3057555/). At least two studies compared children according to the rates of vaccines they receive. This study also included completely unvaccinated children: http://pediatrics.aappublications.org/content/125/6/1134.abstract; and this one included children with very low levels of vaccination: http://jpeds.com/webfiles/images/journals/ympd/JPEDSDeStefano.pdf. No differences were found. This study addressed immunized and nonimmunized siblings of children with autism: http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/23045216 and concluded: “The rates of autism spectrum disorder diagnosis did not differ between immunized and nonimmunized younger sib groups, although small sample size limits interpretability of this result.”
      Given the work already done, if you want more retrospective studies, I think you need to
make a case why it is worth investing valuable dollars in this instead of other
things likes examining causes of autism supported by evidence – like genetic
factors and prenatal factors – or diverting money from services. Why is the work done insufficient? What’s the hypothesis to be studied, and what do we have suggesting it’s plausible? You’re calling for a very expensive study that will mean other things are not done. On a topic already studied extensively, with shifting hypotheses: http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2908388/. Why?

• Twyla Reply

January 7, 2014 at 8:39 pm

That Red Wine and Applesauce article is really stupid. Calling everyone “anti-vaccine” who wants a study comparing vaxed and unvaxed shows bias. And I don’t know anyone who has ever called for elimination of all vaccines everywhere. Although a gold-standard prospective study on humans cannot be done, a retrospective study could be done. And a prospective study on animals could be done.

The German study included 13,359 vaccinated children and only 94 unvaccinated children. 94 is too small for statistically significant comparisons. Still, of those 94 unvaccinated there were zero cases of asthma through age ten. In addition, the authors say that, “we cannot entirely exclude the possibility that some children without a vaccination card were vaccinated without adequate documentation. A systematic question regarding this issue will therefore be included in future KiGGS studies.” And, this study does not even mention autism. So it is disingenuous to cite it in relation to the question of autism incidence among vaxed vs. unvaxed.

Brian Hooker critiqued that ridiculous DeStefano study here:
        http://healthimpactnews.com/2013/can-we-trust-the-cdc-claim-that-there-is-no-link-between-vaccines-and-autism/

• Dorit Reiss Reply

January 8, 2014 at 3:51 am

A. Calling an article stupid does not make it so. And the demand for the study has been raised by the prominent anti-vaccine activists – like Ms. Dachel – for a while.
          B. The German study is an excellent demonstration of the difficulties of doing the prospective study you refer to, difficulties explained in the post. The study looked at a large number of people. But because the rates of completely unvaccinated children were minute – in Germany as in the U.S. – their numbers were small in the study too. So now you criticize the study for having a small number – when it looked at a large number of people. And when in spite of the small numbers it found statistically significant results on the things that were there to find: the higher rate of vaccine-preventable diseases among the unvaccinated. The same problem will happen in the U.S.. The anti-vaccine movement will never accept a study unless it shows what they want.
          C. Brian Hooker’s problematic critique has been addressed here: http://scienceblogs.com/insolence/2013/04/03/brian-hooker-criticizes-a-vaccine-safety-study-hilarity-ensues/. Short version? “his complaints against the study nearly all derive from either antivaccine talking points or a complete misunderstanding what a case control study is.”

• Chris Hickie, MD, PhD Reply

January 8, 2014 at 8:53 am

You would put children in harms way for your oh-so-precious “study”, and that is disgusting, Dachel. There are plenty of studies already showing vaccines are safe. Here is a 20 page pdf file that lists over 40 large-scale peer-reviewed scientific studies showing that vaccines are safe: http://www2.aap.org/immunization/families/faq/vaccinestudies.pdf. Of note, I’ve yet to see Dachel or any of her minions actually successfully refute any of these studies.