News

Companies Display Green Food, Drinks at UCen Fair

A collection of eco-friendly and health conscious food companies doled out varieties of organic natural, green, vegetarian, vegan and foods at the Organic Food Fair yesterday in the UCen.

The campus is making renewed efforts to develop more environmentally sustainable business and administrative practices, in light of many campus stores and restaurants receiving Green Business Santa Barbara County’s official Green Business certification — including the Courtyard Café, the Coral Tree Café, The Central Kitchen, UCen Catering, The Arbor, The Store at Buchanan, The Corner Store and Nicoletti’s. All the food featured in the food fair will be sold at on-campus dining stores and restaurants.

The Organic Food Fair featured everything from snacking items like string cheese, granola bars, fruit bars, popcorn and vegan gelatin as well as unique takes on traditional beverages like tea, organic coffee and energy drinks.

One such beverage is Iced Bhakti Chai — an organic, free trade, non-genetically modified, gluten-free vegan chai beverage that is made using a variety of ingredients rooted in Indian Ayurvedic healing practices. The aptly-named Steaz drink — an all-natural, organic and fair trade iced tea — was also featured, with the brand showcasing its varieties of sparkling green teas and energy drinks.

The fair also displayed 100 percent raw, organic coconut water as well as organic blend Peerless Coffee, a fair trade brand that includes such flavors as French Roast, Balthazar Organic Blend and Organic Italian Roast.

The event also included locally-sourced Nika Purified Water, which comes from local waters and is specially processed, with 100 percent of its profits going toward funding of clean water, education and sanitation projects in impoverished and developing countries.

Additionally, one of many organic snacks given out at the fair included was the GMO-free snack bar: That’s It. With frankly named flavors such as “Apples + Cherries,” “Apples + Apricots,” and “Apples + Pears,” each That’s It bar is made of nothing but two servings of fruit.

A version of this article appeared on page 1 of February 21st 2013′s print edition of the Daily Nexus.

One Response to Companies Display Green Food, Drinks at UCen Fair

1. weed doctor Reply

February 24, 2013 at 6:38 pm

Health-related Hashish in California is practically
    nothing all that new. Rather, this point out has served as the
    foundation for 14 other states in the union to
    proactively decriminalize cannabis for medicinal usages.
    Many thanks to the progressive health-related cannabis program in California, far more and
    more individuals are commencing to realize how numerous practical health care applications that
    California provides. For clients who are struggling, now they have
    an additional alternative health care choice that numerous uncover to
    provide the aid that they are seeking but void of aspect consequences, adverse reactions or interactions that
    are frequent with numerous prescription medicines.

Existing Legal guidelines on California Health care
    Cannabis

The rules here can be challenging to understand if you are not a attorney.
    Nevertheless, they can be damaged down to standard
    phrases to make them easier to digress. The legal guidelines make sure that
    “significantly ill Californians have the proper to get and use marijuana for medical needs.” They are created
    to guarantee “that clients and their major caregivers who obtain and use cannabis for medical reasons on the recommendation of a physician are not subject matter to prison prosecution or sanctions of any kind.”

Who Can Legally Use California Healthcare Hashish?

As per the regulation, only individuals and their condition approved caregivers.
    In accordance to California law, all patients should
    be registered with the medical system, which is managed by the
    California Section of Community Health (CDPH).
    In order to qualify, patients should be examined by a doctor and written a advice for cannabis.
    Then they must post an software to the wellness office with
    that suggestion to be issued a California healthcare cannabis
    card.

In which You Can Acquire Healthcare Hashish in California

Upon acquiring your California Medical Cannabis card in the mail, you will be able to purchase cannabis
    from different dispensaries that are found throughout the
    point out. The dispensaries only allow valid card holders to
    acquire entrance and make purchases (or their principal caregivers who maintain valid
    cards). Every county has its own legal guidelines regarding the quantity of cannabis that
    a affected person can purchase or possess at any provided time.

Qualifying Health care Circumstances for Cannabis in California

This state differs drastically from the other states that have legalized hashish for medicinal
    usages. This is due to the fact Healthcare Hashish in California hosts the
    most liberal medical cannabis system. At the moment, there are 166 qualifying situations.

A handful of are included and taken off each year by voters.
    A marijuana medical professional can support you determine if you
    qualify under point out legislation.