Widgetized Section

Go to Admin » Appearance » Widgets » and move Gabfire Widget: Social into that MastheadOverlay zone

News

Environmental Expert To Speak on Legal Issues

California Environmental Protection Agency Secretary Matt Rodriquez will give a lecture on environmental law and resource management today at the Bren School of Environmental Science & Management, room 1414, from 4 to 5 p.m.

Rodriquez currently advises Governor Jerry Brown on environmental policy decisions and served as California’s Deputy Attorney General from 1987 to 1999, representing the state against major automobile manufacturers regarding pollution issues. As part of the Bren School’s second annual State of the Environment Address, Rodriquez will share his perspective on the role of environmental policy in state law and the progression of business and nonbusiness efforts toward increased sustainability.

The lecture is a prelude to Bren’s 2012 Corporate Partners Summit, which gathers corporate business leaders, UCSB faculty and environmental advisers to discuss business practices directed toward both economic and environmental welfare.

Since his appointment to the position of secretary last July, Rodriquez has managed affairs within departments such as the California Air Resources Board, the State Water Resources Control Board and the Office of Environmental Health Hazard Assessment. He has also taught classes on regional and environmental planning for graduate students at UC Berkeley.

Note:

In an effort to combat spam, comments that include links must be manually approved. Comments will generally be approved in under an hour depending on the time that they are submitted.

Please do not submit correction requests in the comments section as comments are not reviewed regularly. Correction requests submitted this way therefore may not be noticed for weeks at a time. Please submit all correction requests to eic@dailynexus.com or to the editor of the section in which the story in question appears.

One Response to Environmental Expert To Speak on Legal Issues

1. Wills And Estates Lawyers Toronto

August 23, 2012 at 11:02 pm

The environment is our priority and we require some changes in our society through which it becomes easy for us to live in. This is an appropriate approach that environment experts have taken up legal issues with this issue and make this issue a reason to discuss about our surroundings.