The UCSB men’s golf team finished the Folino Invitational on Tuesday, placing seventh overall out of the 10 teams. The tournament was hosted by Cal State Fullerton at the Industry Hills Golf Club in the City of Industry, Calif.

A total of five players from each school competed in the tournament with each teams’ overall score determined by its four lowest scorers. The five Gauchos who competed were seniors Russell Boring, Kei Kita, Tyler Sterk, junior Jordan Epstein and freshman Hunter Robinson.

Santa Barbara took to the tee boxes for the first round on Sunday and finished the day in sixth place overall with a combined score of 302 strokes. Boring was one of only eight players to shoot at even par or below on the first day, finishing his round at an even par 72. Robinson was not far behind, finishing his first round with a 76 (+4). Loyola Marymount’s Tyler Torano shot the round of the day with an unmatched 70 (-2).

In the second round on Monday, Sterk led UCSB with an even par 72 but was not far from other Gauchos Boring and Kita who finished at 74 (+2) and 75 (+3) respectively. The Gauchos finished the day with an overall score of 301, shaving one stroke from round one. At the end of the day everyone was still trying to catch Long Beach State, whose second round 286 left the 49ers with the overall lead heading into the final round. The low round of the day was shot by Long Beach’s Kevin Lim who finished with a four under par 68.

UCSB entered the third and final round of the tournament in sixth place (+27), five strokes off fifth place Loyola Marymount (+22). Sterk finished the last round with a 73 (+1) and an overall 222 strokes for the tournament, tying 12th overall and first on the Gauchos. Boring’s final round of 78 (+6) placed him tied for 15th overall with a total of 224 strokes. Teams members Kita, Robinson and Epstein tied for 27th, placed 48th and tied for 51st, respectively. UCSB finished the tournament in seventh place with a total of 915 strokes (+51). Long Beach State won the tournament with 879 total strokes (+15) and had four players in the top 15 for the tournament. Cal Poly’s Grant Martens led the scoring for the final round with a four under par 68.

The remaining teams competing in the tournament were Pepperdine, Oakland University, Sacramento State, UC Riverside, Cal State Bakersfield and the hosting school Cal State Fullerton.

The UCSB men’s golf team next competition will be in the North Ranch Intercollegiate on Feb. 27 in Westlake Village, California.