Santa Barbara City Council

The council will discuss The Compassion Center medical marijuana dispensary’s second appeal for a permit for its existing business at 2915 De la Vina Street today. The councilmembers previously denied the group a permit with the reasoning that the dispensary originally opened the supplemental dispensary without the required permits and stored a substantial amount of marijuana offsite in an unsecure manner.

Goleta City Council

The city’s Design Review Board will review various permit requests for renovations and new structures in the city, including a new Verizon Wireless facility and Montecito Bank & Trust location.

Santa Barbara County Board of Supervisors

The board will consider the allotment of $2,028,227 to Los Alamos Creekside Village for the development of 39 affordable rental units.

The supervisors will also discuss amendments to the county’s Petroleum Code — to effectively enforce the regulation of High Risk Operations — and the Santa Barbara County Land Use and Development Code — to allow development of solar photovoltaic electrical generation projects on agricultural properties.

Furthermore, the board will review a plan with the State Department of Health Services to fund the Children’s Medical Services program in the amount of about $3.88 million — including over $594,000 for the Child Heath and Disability Prevention Program, about $3.13 million for the California Children’s Services Administration and about $159,500 for Children in Foster Care.