As busy college students, it is often difficult — if not impossible — at times to prepare meals and make sure we are all eating the right food to keep our minds and bodies sufficiently fueled. One easy way to make sure you are eating right while conserving time and energy is with an air fryer. Since investing in an air fryer, I have found that it is the most efficient and healthy way to make meals, to the point that I use it to prepare nearly every meal! In this article, I will be taking you through a day of airfrying some of my personal favorite meals: French toast, maple-glazed carrots and chicken wings. 

These dishes take less than 30 minutes to prepare in an air fryer and make 6 servings. 

French Toast

Faiza Mohammed / Daily Nexus

This is a hearty and delicious breakfast favorite that can be topped with powdered sugar and maple syrup and enjoyed with a side of fruit!

Ingredients: 

• 2 eggs
  • 2 tablespoons brown sugar 
  • 1/4 teaspoon cardamom
  • 2 tablespoons half and half
  • 6-8 slices french baguette bread 
  • Optional: a pinch of saffron for extra flavor 

Directions: 

1. Mix together the eggs, brown sugar, cardamom and half and half into a medium-sized bowl. 
  2. Dip the bread slices into a bowl, making sure the batter is absorbed evenly. 
  3. Place the bread slices into the air fryer at 390 F for 8 minutes, flipping the slices halfway through. 
  4. Promptly remove and top them with powdered sugar and maple syrup, if desired, and enjoy warm! 

Maple-Glazed Carrots 

Faiza Mohammed / Daily Nexus

When thinking of incorporating vegetables into your dishes, carrots are an excellent choice. They are very simple and can be enjoyed as is or manipulated to compliment any dish. Air frying vegetables might not be your initial instinct, but you will not regret trying it! 

Ingredients: 

• 2 cups carrots, cut into round pieces 
  • 2 tablespoons maple syrup
  • 2 tablespoons olive oil 
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt 
  • 1/2 teaspoon black pepper 

Directions: 

1. In a small bowl, mix the salt and black pepper into the olive oil. 
  2. Thoroughly mix the seasonings into the carrots while adding in maple syrup. 
  3. Air fry the carrots at 390 F for 15 minutes. 
  4. Enjoy!

Chicken Wings 

Faiza Mohammed / Daily Nexus

For dinner, I love chicken wings because not only are they filling, but you can also top them off with any of your favorite sauces. 

Ingredients: 

• 2 pounds chicken wings 
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt 
  • 1/2 teaspoon black pepper 
  • 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder 
  • 2 tablespoon barbeque sauce

Directions: 

1. Place the chicken wings into a medium-sized bowl and mix in the ingredients. 
  2. Marinate the chicken wings for 1 hour in the refrigerator. 
  3. Place the wings into the air fryer and cook at 390 F for 20 minutes. 
  4. Continue brushing barbeque sauce onto the wings every 5 minutes until the wings are cooked. 
  5. Remove the wings from the air fryer and enjoy! 

After reading through these delicious recipes, I hope you invest in an air fryer to spice up your life. The opportunities are truly endless with this ultimate kitchen gadget!