Elena Aquilanti / Daily Nexus

For all Disney fans or chocolate chip cookie lovers, this dessert recipe is a must-try! 

If you have ever been to Pixar Pier at Disney California Adventure Park, then you probably know that the Jack-Jack’s Num Num Cookie stand, selling chocolate chip cookies inspired by “Incredibles 2,” is a to-die-for stop for all your chocolate cravings. Being a frequent Disneyland goer myself, and having grown up watching “The Incredibles” movies, I knew I had to try these cookies out when Pixar released this recipe on their Instagram last March! At the peak of quarantine when everyone was filling their time with baking bread and different sweet treats, I decided to bake these for my family and see how they compared to the real-deal Jack-Jack cookies from California Adventure. And let me tell you — I have not used a different chocolate chip cookie recipe since! These cookies are the perfect balance of salty and sweet, with a few simple tricks to make a delicious gooey center every time.

Makes: 20 cookies

Prep time: 20 minutes

Cook time: 7-10 minutes

Elena Aquilanti / Daily Nexus

Ingredients:

• 1 cup butter
  • 1 ¼ cup brown sugar
  • ¼ cup granulated sugar
  • 1 egg
  • 1 egg yolk
  • 1 teaspoon of sea salt
  • 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
  • 1 teaspoon of baking soda
  • 2 ¼ cups flour
  • 1 cup of chocolate chips (or as many as you like!) 

Directions: 

1. Brown the butter on the stove by melting it and stirring until golden brown particles gather at the bottom of the pan, remove quickly from heat and let it cool until it starts to solidify.
  2. Cream the butter, sugars and salt together in a mixing bowl until fluffy.
  3. Mix in egg, egg yolk and vanilla extract.
  4. Combine flour and baking soda and slowly add them to the batter.
  5. Stir in the chocolate chips.
  6. Scoop the dough into balls and chill in the fridge for a minimum of one hour. 
  7. Bake at 350 degrees for 7-10 minutes or until the edges are golden brown — the cookies should still be soft in the center.

Elena Aquilanti / Daily Nexus

The browned butter and the ratio of brown sugar to granulated sugar are the secrets that make these cookies really stand out from other recipes! Also, scooping the dough and refrigerating it before baking is key to helping the cookies keep their shape. Make these, and your friends and family will be thanking you — happy baking!