Life can be pretty hectic around this time, so why not take a study break and try making these delicious cookies for St. Patrick’s Day? This simple recipe takes about 15 minutes to make and yields 8 servings.
- 2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup unsalted butter
- ¾ cup granulated sugar
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon peppermint extract
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit and slightly grease a baking sheet or line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl, mix flour, baking powder and salt. Gently mix together these ingredients.
- Combine the butter, granulated sugar, brown sugar and peppermint extract.
- Add eggs and beat until they are fluffy and fully incorporated into the batter.
- Stir in chocolate chips.
- Make 1-2 inch diameter balls and place onto the baking sheet.
- Bake cookies for 10-12 minutes or until golden brown. Enjoy!
I personally love baking and it is a great way to destress when life gets out of hand. This recipe is a really great one to enjoy with some family and friends. To give the cookies some flair, I like to add green icing. Also, an easy hack to make the cookies the proper size is to use an ice cream scoop.