What better way to get into the autumn season than making tiny pumpkins? These cute and small desserts are so adorable and extremely fun to make! They make perfect party favors or a sweet treat to snack on in between classes.
- ½ box of Rice Krispies Cereal
- 1 bag of marshmallows
- 3 tablespoon of butter
- Pretzel sticks
- Cooking oil spray or liquid
- Red and yellow food coloring
- Melt butter in a medium-sized pot. Then, add marshmallows and stir until completely melted.
- Add two drops of yellow food coloring and one drop of red food coloring. Stir until completely blended. Remove from heat.
- Pour in ½ box of Rice Krispies Cereal. Stir until Rice Krispies are completely covered by orange marshmallow mixture and then transfer into a bowl.
- Apply cooking oil to hands, and roll Rice Krispies treats into balls. Stick a pretzel stick in the center of the ball.
These make a great autumn activity to share with you and your family and are incredibly delicious!
A version of this article appeared on pg.10 of the November 12 print edition of the Daily Nexus.