A college apartment kitchen comes with the bare minimum: a few pots, pans and silverware — the basics. However, one of my kitchen staples is a food processor. This is definitely a luxury item to have, but with all the recipes you can make, you don’t want to miss out. A great starter recipe is my homemade almond butter.
- 2 cups of whole almonds
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 3 teaspoons honey
- ¼ cup of avocado oil
- Assemble the food processor correctly; everything should be in one line with the handle forward and the top facing the back directly.
- Roast almonds on medium heat for about 8 minutes, tossing frequently.
- Dump almonds into the food processor and blend for about 3 minutes or until fine.
- Add salt while it continues to spin.
- Add honey while it continues to spin.
- Add avocado oil slowly while it continues to spin.
- Blend all ingredients for about 8 minutes.
- Occasionally, use a spoon to make sure everything is blending properly.
- Add oil for a thinner consistency.
This homemade almond butter is perfect on toast. You can top it with bananas and honey for a perfect morning pick-me-up.
If you like this recipe, there are tons of other recipes to make with your food processor, like homemade pesto, hummus or any sort of dip! This is an easy way to get involved in the kitchen without doing all of the chopping. I would highly recommend this kitchen appliance to anyone.