The sentencing date for iVMenus owner Patrick Galoustian was postponed for the fifth time at his Sept. 30 hearing and is now scheduled for Oct. 14. 

Galoustian pled guilty to eight felony charges in December 2019 — two years after his initial arrest. Courtesy of SBSO

Galoustian pled guilty to eight felony charges in December 2019 — two years after his initial arrest — which included oral copulation of an unconscious person, sexual penetration by a foreign object, sodomy of an intoxicated person and oral copulation with a person prevented from resisting due to intoxication and criminal threats.

Leonard B. Levine, Galoustian’s lawyer, said after the Sept. 30 hearing that Galoustian will officially receive his sentence of 18 years in state prison at the October hearing. This decision was based on a plea agreement Galoustian made in December with Jennifer Karapetian, senior deputy district attorney in the Santa Barbara County District Attorney’s Office. 

“Mr. Galoustian has taken full responsibility for his conduct,” Levine said at Galoustian’s hearing in December, adding that Galoustian would accept the court’s sentence “pursuant to the plea agreement.”

Max Abrams
Max Abrams served as the lead news editor for the 2020-2021 school year. He is from Buffalo. That's all you need to know.