As finals week is creeping up on us, it is inevitable that many Gauchos will stay up late at night, thus facing dreadful sleepless nights. What if you are still hungry after dinner and all you can think about are delicious snacks? Needless to say, a growling stomach should not be a part of your productive studying. The snack list below will help keep your stomach quiet for late-night studying and your head elevated for the upcoming exams and projects. 

Brea Spencer / Daily Nexus

Chia seed pudding

This snack is full of energy-boosting ingredients and on top of that, it is delicious and would definitely keep your stomach at ease so you could focus more on the exam material and less on your hunger. Chia seed puddings are also easy to make, and you could top off the puddings with your favorite choice of toppings, such as strawberries blueberries or sliced almonds. This is a great antioxidant source as you take on the challenges ahead of you like a champion. 

Chicken Quesadillas

This is a ridiculously uncomplicated dish packed with nutrients and the best thing is you can fully customize this dish by stuffing any ingredient your heart desires in a tortilla — the oozing melty cheese as you take your first bite, the taste of the savory chicken combined with the flattering smell of spices and the tortilla flour. Chicken Quesadillas are bound to make your heart happy and allow your mind to stop wandering about snacks. 

Steamed Edamame 

Edamame is a healthy, nutrient-rich snack, that is at the same time very easy to prepare and offers a refreshing taste. You could get 6 pounds of edamame at Costco for a very reasonable price, store it in your freezer and just take it out whenever your school work is about to make you lose your beans (pun intended!). Simply boil the edamame with salt water on a stove, or put it in the microwave for 3 minutes and you are good to go. Eat it while you are cramming lessons and let the firmness of the beans and the hint of sweetness and nuttiness help you destress. 

Peanut Butter and Jelly Sandwich

This snack is not only packed with flavors, but also with all your favorite childhood memories. With only three ingredients that you probably already have in your fridge, this quick and easy to make snack is perfect if you want to feel nostalgic and focused at the same time for your late-night study session.

Smoothie 

This is a great idea if you have fruits laying around your house, like bananas, strawberries, apples, blueberries or mango (although the smoothie should be prepared in the afternoon to avoid the wrath of your housemates).  Add all the fruits in the mixer along with milk and ice and puree away. A smoothie is a great way to provide vitamins and hydrate your skins and nails, while at the same time taste sweet and revitalizing.

Veggies and Hummus

A classic snack during the day should also make a great snack during late at night. Veggies and hummus beautifully represent this saying. If you have mini carrots, broccoli, celery and hummus in your fridge, grab them. Enjoy the stimulating feeling of the veggies’ crunchiness and the smoothness of the creamy hummus paste dancing inside your mouth. Now you are ready to keep on learning!

Late-night snacks are usually hot and sugary, which can feel very comforting, but at the same time, might make you want to unplug your laptop and jump right into the sweet paradise of your soft bed and pillows. The above list consists of foods that are energetic and essential to provide your body with rich nutrients that help boost your energy and immune system. The mentioned snacks are also relatively cheap and easy to make. They are also great for keeping you focused and healthy throughout the difficult weeks ahead!