This is a cheesy and mouth-watering recipe for those who are going to a Friendsgiving or other gatherings but are limited on money, equipment, and ingredients. The best part is that this lasagna is vegan and vegetarian-friendly so everyone can enjoy it!
Prep Time: About 10 minutes
Cook Time: 1 hour
Yield: 8 to 10 servings
For the Dish:
- 2 cups savory cashew cream, instructions are further in the recipe
- 4 cups of your favorite marinara sauce
- 1 package no-boil lasagna noodles (such as DeLallo Whole Wheat Lasagna)
- 1/2 cup water
- Choose a marinara that you like the most. Here are some options:
- Monte Bene Garlic Marinara Pasta Sauce
- Lucini Italia Tuscan Marinara Sauce
Savory Cashew Cream (Imitation Ricotta):
- 2 cups raw cashews
- 1 cup of water
- 1 heaping tablespoon nutritional yeast
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon chickpea miso, optional (any light miso will work)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Blend all ingredients for the savory cashew cream in a high-speed blender or food processor until creamy and smooth.
- Thin the savory cashew cream with water until it is a pourable consistency.
- Spread one cup of marinara sauce in the bottom of a 13-by-9 inches casserole dish.
- Layer four or five lasagna sheets over the sauce, overlapping as needed to fit.
- Pour ¾ cup of savory cashew cream over the marinara sauce. Repeat with noodles, ricotta, marinara, and cashew cream.
- Set aside the remaining ½ cup of cashew cream.
- Cover the casserole dish tightly with aluminum foil and bake for 30 minutes.
- Remove foil and pour on the remaining cashew cream.
- Bake uncovered for 20 minutes. If desired, broil the top for three to four minutes until browned.
- Let lasagna stand for about 15 minutes and then dig in.