As Santa Barbara continues to feel like a polar vortex, I have discovered that turning on my oven to bake is the best way to heat up my apartment. Because of this and the busyness of midterm season, meal prepping baked goods has become my go-to. One of my favorite things to eat during any time of the day and anywhere on campus is muffins. They are easily transportable and you can eat them super quietly, which is perfect for an all-nighter in Davidson or that lunchtime lecture that drags on forever.
These muffins are gluten-free and packed with protein because of the addition of Greek yogurt. My personal favorite is the white chocolate raspberry because they look and taste so good! The red and white colors are also perfect for a surprise Valentine’s Day treat. These muffins will last in the fridge for three to five days or in the freezer for two months.

Rinah Anatalio / Daily Nexus

Blueberry Lemon Muffins
Ingredients:
1 cup of almond flour
1/3 cup of nonfat plain Greek yogurt
¼ cup of coconut sugar
1 tsp of baking powder
2 eggs
1 tsp of lemon juice
½ cup of blueberries
(Pro Tip: frozen blueberries work perfectly!)

Directions:
Preheat your oven to 375 degrees and line a muffin pan with cupcake liners.
Combine your Greek yogurt, eggs and coconut sugar and whisk together.
In a separate bowl, mix your almond flour and baking powder until thoroughly combined.
Slowly incorporate your mix of almond flour and baking powder to your wet ingredients.
Once everything is combined and mixed well, gently stir in your lemon juice and blueberries.
Divide your batter evenly into your prepared muffin pan and bake for 20 to 25 minutes.

White Chocolate Raspberry
Ingredients:
1 cup of almond flour
¼ cup of nonfat plain Greek yogurt
¼ cup of coconut sugar
1 tsp of baking powder
2 eggs
½ cup of raspberries (frozen ones work here too!)
½ cup of white chocolate chips

Directions:
Once everything is mixed well, gently stir in your raspberries and white chocolate chips.

Banana Chocolate Chip
Ingredients:
1 cup of almond flour
¼ cup of nonfat plain Greek yogurt
¼ cup of coconut sugar
1 tsp of baking powder
2 eggs
1 medium-sized banana, mashed (about ½ a cup)
½ cup of chocolate chips

Directions:
Combine your mashed banana, Greek yogurt, eggs and coconut sugar and whisk together.
Once everything is combined and mixed well, gently stir in your chocolate chips.