Some people say that when it comes to food, the taste matters more than the presentation, but that’s certainly not the case at The Foodie Space! Although I’d much rather eat the food, I was very impressed by this interactive pop-up museum. Located in Pasadena, Calif., The Foodie Space features a large variety of food-themed exhibits created by local artists. The museum is closing its doors soon, so be sure to visit by Feb. 17! I stumbled across The Foodie Space while scrolling through Instagram and I knew I just had to visit it.

Winnie Lam / Daily Nexus

I went with a few of my friends and we found that it was actually really easy to take photos since there wasn’t a large crowd and the museum had multiple rooms and each exhibit was nicely lit. The museum also has employees monitoring the exhibits and they were happy to take group photos for us. I enjoyed all the exhibits at The Foodie Space, but here are some of the ones that I especially liked!

Winnie Lam / Daily Nexus

Sushi Platter

This is the first exhibit that caught my eye when I walked into the museum. The yin and yang sign and the bamboo mat give the exhibit a cute Japanese vibe, but the real treat was the sushi plate. It had three colorful rolls, a pair of chopsticks and a sauce dish with wasabi. This exhibit was super fun to interact with because the sushi rolls were an easy prop to pose with for my photos.

Winnie Lam / Daily Nexus

Bowl of Pho

The bowl of pho is probably the most popular exhibit on social media. The exhibit features a bowl of pho noodles (obviously) with lime and other vegetables, a huge sriracha bottle and even a jar of hoisin sauce! This exhibit has a bunch of props to play with, so it’s perfect for both individual photos and group ones too.

Winnie Lam / Daily Nexus

Tea Cups

The tea cup exhibit was not very well-lit, but I can let it slide because of how cute it was. The exhibit has two floral tea cups arranged in a Japanese-style tea ceremony setting. We were told we couldn’t sit inside the tea cups, which was a bummer, but it was just as fun to interact with the huge tea bags that were inside the cups.

Winnie Lam / Daily Nexus

The Breakfast Club

My friends and I spent “eggs-tra” long at this exhibit just because of how many different elements there were! It had rugs and pillows that looked like sunny-side-up eggs, an entire wall decked out with little fried egg decorations and an egg-themed DJ booth. This was my favorite exhibit because of how cute it was.

Winnie Lam / Daily Nexus

Fries Before Guys

This exhibit is one of the larger ones. It’s set up as a huge wedding chapel and at the altar there’s a huge sculpture of french fries where you can take pictures as if you were getting married to the fries! I thought the photos were cute at the altar, but it was difficult to incorporate all the rows of the wedding chapel in our photos.

Since I’m from Los Angeles, I’ve been to a lot of pop-up museums solely meant for taking photos, but The Foodie Space is my favorite by far. I’m a huge foodie and seeing some of my favorite foods blown out of proportion and being able to interact with them was a super fun experience. I’d definitely recommend checking it out, and since Valentine’s Day is coming up, it’d be a great place to visit if your significant other is a foodie like me!

Winnie Lam
Winnie Lam serves as the 2020-2021 On The Menu Editor. She has an unhealthy obsession with Trader Joe's and she loves all things matcha.