Although Thanksgiving is still a week away, dessert is a daily meal. These recipes are so easy that anyone can make them! One of the recipes is even no-bake, meaning you simply need to mix everything together and stick it in the freezer. Your friends and family won’t even be able to tell that they’re healthy versions.  These desserts are perfect for the holidays since they are guilt-free, so feel free to go for seconds and thirds. These vegan apple cider donuts are a great substitute for your typical fried cider mill donuts but with less than half the calories and all-natural ingredients. They are so fluffy that your guests won’t even know that they’re vegan. The sweet potato brownies are a perfect substitute for your typical sweet potato casserole while still incorporating some fall vegetables. Even though these brownies do not have any flour, they are still extremely dense and fudgy from the almond butter. The vegan pumpkin pie bars are ridiculously easy since they do not require baking! This recipe is perfect if you love pumpkin pie but find cooking to be a bit of a challenge. All of these recipes can be made vegan and are refined sugar-free.

Rinah Anatalio / Daily Nexus

Vegan Apple Cider Donuts (Makes 6 donuts)

Ingredients:

1 cup of all-purpose flour (if gluten-free, you can substitute with gluten-free all-purpose flour)

½ tsp. of baking soda

½ tbsp. of baking powder

½ tbsp. of cinnamon

1 tsp. of nutmeg

¼ cup of coconut sugar

½ cup of unsweetened applesauce

½ cup of almond milk

2 tbsps. of apple cider

Topping: ¼ cup of coconut sugar and] 1 tbsp. of cinnamon

1. Preheat your oven to 350°F and spray your donut pan with a nonstick spray.
  2. Combine your flour, baking soda, baking powder, sugar, cinnamon and nutmeg in a bowl and mix.
  3. Once your dry ingredients are mixed, pour in your almond milk, applesauce and apple cider and combine.
  4. Pour your batter into a large ziploc gallon bag and cut one corner. Evenly distribute the batter into your donut pan.
  5. Bake for 10 minutes. While the donuts are baking, combine your topping ingredients in a shallow bowl.
  6. When the donuts have cooled for about 5-7 minutes, coat each donut in the cinnamon sugar mixture and enjoy!

Rinah Anatalio / Daily Nexus

Sweet Potato Brownies

Ingredients:

2 eggs (can substitute with 2 flax eggs!)

1¼ cup of sweet potatoes, mashed

½ cup of almond butter

¼ cup of maple syrup

1 tsp. of vanilla

½ cup of unsweetened cocoa powder

1 tsp. of baking powder

⅓ cup of dark or semisweet chocolate chips

Optional: sea salt for sprinkling

1. Preheat your oven to 350°F and line an 8 x 8 baking dish with parchment paper.
  2. In a bowl, combine your eggs, sweet potatoes, almond butter, maple syrup and vanilla.
  3. In the same bowl, add in your cocoa powder, salt and baking powder.
  4. Fold in your chocolate chips and bake for 45-50 minutes. Top with sea salt if desired.

Rinah Anatalio / Daily Nexus

Vegan Pumpkin Pie Bars

Ingredients:

For your crust:

1 box of your favorite vegan crunchy cookies or graham crackers

¼ cup of coconut oil (melted)

For your filling:

⅔ cup of pumpkin puree

½ cup of coconut sugar

¼ cup of coconut flour

1 tbsp. of coconut oil

1 tsp. of pumpkin pie spice

Optional: any chopped nuts

1. In a food processor, process your cookies until they are at a powder-like consistency. Add in your melted coconut oil and then pulse until combined.
  2. In a loaf pan lined with parchment paper, press down the cookie mixture until it forms an even layer.
  3. In a bowl, combine your filling ingredients.
  4. Pour your filling onto the cookie crust. Top with nuts if desired.
  5. Place in the freezer for 2 hours to set and enjoy!