BUMP TRUMP
Local activists will be hosting a “Love Fights Back” rally protesting the inauguration of President-elect Donald Trump 3:30-6:30 p.m. Friday at De La Guerra Plaza in downtown Santa Barbara.

PAJAMA PARTY
Improvability, a UCSB improv troupe, is hosting a slumber party show from 8-10 p.m. Friday in Embarcadero Hall. Tickets are $3 at the door, but for this show, those dressed in pajamas will receive a discount and be charged only $2. Improvability shows are regularly held every Friday.

TO SPEAK FOR THE TREES
Your Children’s Trees will be maintaining a coastal oak forest at Coal Oil Point Reserve from 9 a.m. to noon on Saturday. Organizers advise that interested volunteers bring water and wear closed-toe shoes and long pants. Biking to the reserve is also recommended.

NOT YOUR AVERAGE HIKE
There will be a hike with non-traditional students 9-11 a.m. Saturday at the Goleta Butterfly Grove. The students will be meeting at Ellwood Mesa Open Space across from the Ellwood Elementary School in Goleta. Water and snacks will be provided by the organization UCSB Non-Traditional Students.

HOPPY HOUR
The Humane Society is offering an opportunity for bunny owners to let their rabbits socialize on Saturday from 1-3:30 p.m. The event will take place on the Humane Society Lawn; admission is $10 and refreshments are provided for both humans and their bunnies.

WOMEN’S MARCH
Supporters for the “Women’s March on Washington” will meet on Saturday at De La Guerra Plaza in downtown Santa Barbara to march on State Street in solidarity with the demonstrations in D.C. Participants are urged to gather at 12 p.m. and the march will commence at 1 p.m.

MIC CHECK
The a cappella group InterVals will be holding auditions at St. Michael’s University Church, 6586 Picasso Rd., on Saturday from 3-8 p.m. Those auditioning are recommended to come prepared to sing a minute-long solo from a song of their choice; beatboxers are also welcomed. There will be callbacks immediately later that day. If interested, the organization recommends signing up for a time slot online at: wejoinin.com/sheets/zwtgo.

YOGA
The Isla Vista Food Co-op is hosting a “Beach Brunch Yoga” session on Sunday morning, a free class led by Yoga Isla Vista with free brunch afterward. Organizers ask that participants first meet on the Co-op patio (6575 Seville Rd.) at 10:45 a.m. and then walk over to a nearby park. Those interested must bring a mat or towel and sign an event waiver. Free brunch is provided only for those who participate in the yoga session.

VEGAN
A local organization called Food Not Bombs will serve free vegan food at 5 p.m. Sunday in Little Acorn Park (next to Bagel Cafe). Those interested in cooking can email organizers at foodnotbombsislavista@gmail.com. The dinner is regularly held every Sunday.
FREE FOOD
As part of its Gaucho Food Program, the Isla Vista Tenants Union and the I.V. Food Co-op will be tabling outside the Pardall Center on Wednesday from 10:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. to give away free food to UCSB students. This food giveaway is regularly held every Wednesday.

A version of this story appeared on p.3 of the Thursday, Jan. 19, 2017 print edition of the Daily Nexus.