Isla Vista Foot Patrol officers arrested a burglary suspect Saturday after he allegedly entered several residences along Del Playa Drive and stole two MacBook laptops.

Adam Winslow Dale, 24

Adam Winslow Dale, 24

The Santa Barbara County Sheriff’s Office identified the suspect, 24-year-old Adam Winslow Dale, as a “local transient.”

Officers made the arrest at approximately 11 a.m., shortly after receiving report of a suspicious male subject seen walking into a backyard and jumping over fences in the 66 block of Del Playa Drive.

They found a backpack near the 66 block of Sabado Tarde Road, which contained items suspected to be taken from the Del Playa Drive residences. The UCPD officers were not able to find the subject during their initial search of the area.

After receiving matching reports of a suspicious male subject, officers found Dale standing underneath an overhang on the 66 block of Sabado Tarde with a second backpack next to him.

Officers searched the backpack and found two MacBook laptops and other items stolen from the Del Playa Drive residences. He was also in possession of methamphetamine, authorities said.

Officers booked Dale into the Santa Barbara County Jail Saturday and he will face charges of prowling and burglary.

According to the Sheriff’s Office press release, Dale entered the homes through unlocked windows. The Sheriff’s Office advises that Isla Vista residents lock their doors and windows, especially during their extended leave in the holiday season.