Spencer Brandt / Daily Nexus

Spencer Brandt / Daily Nexus

Finals time is quickly approaching, and with it comes graduation for many Gauchos. Graduation entails visits from various family members and, with any luck, grad parties. Here is a quick, healthy and refreshing recipe that is perfect for any summertime celebration, be it your graduation or a mere celebration of the season. Its bright and fun colors will have you remembering just why you love UCSB so much. Here is what you will need:

1 mango
1/2 cup blueberries
2 tbsp of Greek yogurt
1 tsp honey
Cut up all of the mango, then mash it up until it’s essentially liquid. Next, combine a teaspoon of honey, two tablespoons of Greek yogurt and a bit of the mango in a separate bowl.
Taking your liquefied mango, add enough to fill roughly 1/3 of each Popsicle mold. Place a couple of blueberries over each layer of mango and add a layer of your Greek yogurt mixture, placing a couple of blueberries over that as well.
Add what is left of your mashed mango into each Popsicle mold, leaving room to add in the last of your blueberries. When done, place your popsicles in the freezer for a few hours until they are frozen. Remove the popsicles from the molds and enjoy!

Tiffany Velazquez
Tiffany is the On The Menu Co-Editor and has been at the Nexus since spring of her freshman year. When not working on the paper, she is the literal embodiment of an English major and can survive on coffee alone.