Are you a broke college student living off of ramen who still wants to treat your special someone to something special? We’re here to help with these inexpensive date ideas!

1. Help animal control and get a workout in by going raccoon hunting together here in good ol’ Isla Vista.

courtesy of giphy.com

courtesy of giphy.com

2. Leave some ramen on your kitchen counter. The ants of I.V. will descend upon you love birds eventually, providing a thoroughly entertaining evening of watching them crawl all over everything you own.

courtesy of giphy.com

courtesy of giphy.com

3. If you’re both hungry but tired of ramen, go dumpster diving for your meal. You’ll be super prepared to watch Olympic diving this summer.

courtesy of giphy.com

courtesy of giphy.com

4. Itching for an enjoyable night out? You two can get free drinks by tracking down the water dishes some businesses provide at their entrances for pets. As an added bonus, your geocaching skills will improve exponentially.

giphy

courtesy of atrl.net

5. Experience the same adrenaline rush you would get on an amusement park roller coaster by going bike-path dodging! Here’s how: Simply walk around campus! You both will inevitably end up almost being hit by a bike while crossing a bike path. This can also be accomplished by attempting to avoid skateboarders, hoverboarders, scooterers, joggers, walking texters, Arbor pamphleteers. For all you adrenaline junkies out there, try evading cars pretty much everywhere in I.V.

courtesy of giphy.com

courtesy of giphy.com

6. Not the biggest comedy fan? That’s okay! Go to the free stand-up show Laughology puts on every Saturday night in Embarcadero for free. *Not a paid endorsement.*

courtesy of giphy.com

courtesy of giphy.com

7. Keep each other healthy by going on an adventure to student health for complimentary meningitis shots together. Because everyone enjoys discussing deadly diseases with those they care for.

courtesy of tumblr.com

courtesy of tumblr.com

8. Want to get two dates in one? It’s possible — sojourn to the wilds of Corwin Pavilion to get bus stickers, then go city bus riding all day long.

courtesy of giphy.com

courtesy of giphy.com

9. Brave eating a meal at Portola. Adversity breeds closeness.

courtesy of mashable.com

courtesy of mashable.com

10. Storke Tower’s impressive and omnipotent, right? Right. Pay it its due by taking an afternoon to just stare at it.

courtesy of imgur.com

11. Collect as much free Bernie Sanders propaganda as possible from around campus, Amazing Race style.

courtesy of giphy.com

courtesy of giphy.com

12. Have a treasure hunt! Hide each other’s bikes in bike racks somewhere on campus or in I.V., then let the games begin. Last person to find theirs has to actually pay for the next date.

spongebob-the-map-o

courtesy of sbmania.net