Hanna Meshell/Daily Nexus

Hanna Meshell/Daily Nexus

The big game is just around the corner, and it just wouldn’t be right to watch the game without a proper supply of snacks. Even if you can’t be at the game in person, you at least have the freedom to have as much food as you want on hand at home. Once the game is on, you won’t want to leave your couch, so make sure you are prepared with all the great food you and your friends can eat. From little snacks to munch on throughout the game to more fulfilling dishes for when the real hunger takes over, these snack ideas will have you covered without making you miss a big play to go make a big meal. Here’s a page out of my playbook on how to score a win with your food for the Super Bowl.

Chips and Dip
Chips and dip are a classic must-have when watching the big game. They are the perfect snack, satisfying with their salty goodness, and easy to share. Mix it up with some of the various unique flavors of Lays chips, such as Cheddar & Sour Cream, Honey Barbeque, Salt and Vinegar, Pizza, or Chile Limón, or by providing multiple choices of dips, such as classic salsa and guac, or a spinach and artichoke or cheesy onion dip. If you have a crock pot at your disposal, there are plenty of recipes that involve little more work than throwing a buch of ingredients in a pot in the morning, leaving you plenty of time to prepare other snacks.

Chex Mix Party Mix
Chex Mix is another great snack to munch on. It is easy to eat and share, and provides a great blend of different tastes and flavors. This snack is easy to make in big batches. My recommendation? Double the called-for Worcestershire and add some hot sauce. If you’re not the cooking type, I recommend the prepackaged “Bold Party Blend” for bold and flavorful. You can also choose a healthier option with their Trail Mix.

Popcorn
Popcorn is another must-have. It is a perfect snack to go along with the halftime show. Super Bowl halftime performances are their whole own show, so enjoy the spectacular music and show with a bowl of classic buttery and light popcorn. Season them with leftover Chex-mix sauce mixture for an added punch.

Wings
It just wouldn’t be a Super Bowl party without wings. They may be a little messy, but they’re definitely worth it. They are tasty and delicious, and will also be more filling. Try hot and spicy, buffalo, classic barbeque or all of them! To make it a classically Isla-Vista-esque Super Bowl Sunday, make a run to I.V. Deli for some buffalo chicken cheese fries.

Pigs in a Blanket
Pigs in a blanket are another great finger food. It is simple and easy to make. You will still get the fulfillment of a hot dog, but also the sweet and buttery taste of a warm biscuit. They are perfect for sharing at a party with a lot of guests because they are smaller and easy to bake in bulk.

Sliders
Like the pigs in a blanket, sliders are perfect for parties because they are small, but guests can have multiple and be satisfied. These little hamburgers are both cute and delicious, but pack a big punch of beefy flavor. Go with a traditional Hawaiian roll for sweetness, or load up some toasted sourdough bread with avocado and a patty for a more Santa Barbara feel.

Enjoy watching the big game and eating all the great food that goes along with it!