Four years may seem like a short period of time, but the four years spent in college tend to be the ones that fly by the fastest. Being dropped off at the dorms as a small, scared little freshman filled with anxiety, excitement and a hint of nausea may be the most thrilling part. This is the moment you realize that you are, in fact, leaving the nest and testing your wings. RAs introduce themselves as sweet, innocent caretakers assuring your parents with their tear-stained cheeks that their child will be ok. Carts upon carts of dorm decor that were most likely purchased at your local Target wait patiently in the hallways. Freshmen awkwardly introduce themselves to other freshmen with the typical “Where are you from and what’s your major?” greeting. These are the memories that are brought to mind of the first day of freshman year. However, before you know it, you’ll be passing the dorm that housed and nurtured you for the last time. Here are some seniors that braved their college journey and the transformation that took place along the way.

What do you wish you could tell your freshman self?

1.) Ashley Lee: “I would tell myself to enjoy every second, because four years really go by quickly, especially when you’re having fun.”

Freshman year:

Courtesy of Ashley Lee

Courtesy of Ashley Lee

Senior year:

ashleylee2

Courtesy of Ashley Lee

2.) Melissa Castillo: “The only opinion that matters is your own.”

Freshman year:

Courtesy of Melissa Castillo

Courtesy of Melissa Castillo

Senior Year:

Courtesy of Melissa Castillo

Courtesy of Melissa Castillo

3.) Diana Espitia: “Don’t settle for anything, whether it’s love, friendships or even your major. And always remember to trust your instincts.”

Freshman Year:

Courtesy of Diana Espitia

Courtesy of Diana Espitia

Senior Year:

Courtesy of Diana Espitia

Courtesy of Diana Espitia

4.) Sophie Wilson: “Your soul is safe to play, to learn and to laugh. Free your spirit to dance to the tune of life joyfully under the disco ball of your beating heart. Gratefully accept the lesson in every moment. Express your creativity relentlessly, seek overwhelming beauty and don’t be afraid to lead this cosmic conga line.”

Freshman Year:

Courtesy of Sophie Wilson

Courtesy of Sophie Wilson

Senior Year:

Courtesy of Sophie Wilson

Courtesy of Sophie Wilson

5.) Viviana Romero: “I would say that beach cruisers take too much space on the bike paths and to take advantage of all the free events different organizations put on because it’s an opportunity to meet new people and raise your awareness in your new home.”

Freshman Year:

Courtesy of Viviana Romero

Courtesy of Viviana Romero

Senior Year:

viviana.3

Courtesy of Viviana Romero

6.) Karina Enriquez: “Don’t worry, everything works out.”

Freshman Year:

Courtesy of Karina Enriquez

Courtesy of Karina Enriquez

Senior Year:

Courtesy of Karina Enriquez

Courtesy of Karina Enriquez