Legendary actor and comedian Adam Sandler will appear at an advanced screening of the new film “That’s My Boy” alongside his co-star Nick Swardson tonight at 7 p.m. in Campbell Hall.

Though “That’s My Boy” is set to hit theaters on June 15, students attending the event will enjoy a sneak-peek screening and the opportunity to connect with the stars of the new comedy during a Q&A session afterward. The film, produced by Sandler’s own company, Happy Madison Productions, focuses on a father’s desperate attempt to reconnect with his estranged son after allowing his party lifestyle to harm their relationship, with Sandler playing the role of the father, Donny, and Andy Samberg taking on the role of his son Todd.

The event is hosted by A.S. Program Board and although admission is free, seating will be limited. The event is open exclusively to UCSB students with valid ACCESS cards.

According to ASPB Publicity Coordinator and second-year communication major Britney Schroeder, tickets will be available at the Associated Students Ticket Office starting at noon today.

“We’re giving out as many tickets as possible for the students but it is first-come, first-serve,” Schroeder said.

ASPB Films Coordinator Cassandra Garcia, a third-year communication major, said the board is thrilled to be able to host such an exclusive event.

“We bring the fun — we’re always trying to find ways to entertain the campus,” Garcia said. “This type of event rarely happens; I know we didn’t have an advanced screening last year, so this kind of sprung upon us this Spring Quarter and we’re really excited to be part of this.”

Sandler, who got his start as a cast member on “Saturday Night Live,” has starred in a wide range of films, from ’90s classics like “Happy Gilmore,” “Billy Madison” and “The Wedding Singer” to his

more recent, dramatic performances, “Click” and “Funny People.”

Martin Gonzalez, a second-year political science major, said it will be an honor to see such a celebrated actor in person. Gonzalez has enjoyed Sandler’s work for many years and admires the raw comedic talent he brings to the screen.

“I grew up watching a lot of Adam Sandler’s movies and always loved his work, so I am extremely excited to have the opportunity to sit in the same room as him — definitely a good story to tell back home,” Gonzalez said.

Fourth-year literature major William Buescher said as a local stand-up comedian himself, he particularly respects Sandler’s early work.

“Adam Sandler is kind of a legend as a movie star,” Buescher said. “I really wish he would get back into his roots of stand-up. I would totally want to see him at this event, because as a comedian I wish I could write for [him]; he’s a great performer.”

Doors open at 6:30 p.m. and the screening begins at 7 p.m. Cameras and other recording devices are not allowed in the venue and students may be subject to security pat-downs before entering.