The Isla Vista Foot Patrol responded to burglaries, vandalism and several alcohol-related incidents this weekend.

Deputies received reports of a burglary on the 6700 block of Del Playa Drive late Saturday night. According to IVFP Lt. Ray Vuillemainroy, the victim witnessed a man steal several items from their residence.

“The person reported their laptop and other small electronic devices were taken,” Vuillemainroy said. “The suspect was seen exiting the residence with a backpack ten minutes prior to the call. The caller said the suspect was a Hispanic male between the ages of 20 to 30-years-old with black, spiky hair and a black shirt.”

Vuillemainroy said deputies searched the area but were unable to locate the suspect.

Three additional burglaries were reported within a two hour span Sunday morning. Deputies answered a call at 9:48 a.m. reporting that a laptop and iPod had been stolen at a party on the 6500 block of Del Playa Drive the night before.

According to Vuillemainroy, detectives were unable to locate any information to identify a culprit.

“No physical evidence was left at the scene,” Vuillemainroy said.

Deputies were notified of another burglary nine minutes later on the 6500 block of El Nido Lane.

According to Vuillemainroy, the victim reported the theft of a Playstation 3, bike, and HDMI cable. Vuillemainroy said the suspect attempted to remove the front window screen, but did not use it as the point of entry.

“It appears the suspect entered from an unlocked door,” Vuillemainroy said.

Deputies responded to reports of a stolen laptop at 11:23 a.m. on Sunday. According to Vuillemainroy, the victim said the laptop was probably stolen from his fraternity house on the 700 block of Camino Pescadero during a party the previous night. According to Vuillemainroy, such a situation where many guests are present and bedroom doors are unlocked gives potential thieves more opportunity to steal items and escape unnoticed.

In addition to burglaries, deputies responded to a report of vandalism Friday afternoon.

Vuillemainroy said the suspect cut the tires on the victim’s vehicle.

“This person’s, the victim’s, vehicle was parked in his assigned apartment parking space, and his tires were slashed,” Vuillemainroy said.

Officers also handled several alcohol-related crimes over the weekend, citing twenty people for minor in possession, eight for open containers, five for noise violations and four for urinating in public. IVFP also arrested nine people for public intoxication.