Vaginas will be snatching up the attention of the UCSB student body this weekend.

The Women’s Ensemble Theater Troupe, nicknamed WETT, will showcase “The Vagina Monologues” Friday and Saturday at 8 p.m. in Campbell Hall. The event, which will showcase 26 female students, hopes to raise money to support local and international aid for women.

Director of production and third-year global studies major Sevasti Travlos said the show celebrates V-Day, a global movement that protests violence against women.

“V-Day is an international women’s day that was innovated by Eve Ensler, the creator of ‘The Vagina Monologues,'” Travlos said. “‘The [Vagina Monologues]’ strives to educate people about violence occurring against women worldwide. A lot of women are not aware of the injustices that are affecting other women to this very day.”

Director Laurel Phelps, a third-year ecology major, said the cast is comprised of both experienced actors and student activists.

“Only two of the girls are theater majors; many had never acted in their lives,” Phelps said. “They were just interested in the concept of the show and wanted to be a part of it.”

The show, which will cost $10 to attend, is funded both by WETT and Associated Students and is expected to make twice the amount it cost to produce. Last year the production garnered $8,000.

The majority of the proceeds will go to the Santa Barbara Rape Crisis Center, while the remainder will go to the women of the Congo.

Although the play addresses serious issues, Phelps said audience members can also expect a humorous evening.

“I want them to be able to laugh with us but also be changed when they see it,” Phelps said. “People forget that they came out of vaginas. They are very important things in this world.”

Co-director Brooke Holland, a second-year film & media studies and global studies double major, encouraged both women and men to attend the show.

“It’s open to everyone,” Holland said. “We want to prove that it’s not just a show that only lesbians are part of.”