Matt Connolly:

H-O-R-S-E

Omri Casspi
Even if the Durantula is lame and stays posted on the perimeter like he did last year, the “Caspian three” of Omri should cover him. Given an opening, this marksman from Tel Aviv will steal the show. Lehaim!

All-Star Game

The East
Exhibition games are way more fun than practice, so expect A.I. to put on a show. With LeBron and D-Wade by his side, there’s nothing to stop the beast that is the East.

Slam Dunk

Gerald Wallace
G-Wall has been brooding over his loss to J-Rich in the slam dunk finals for eight years. Fueled by pent up frustration, this freakishly athletic Man-Bobcat will get his revenge.

Three-Point

Stephen Curry
With a lightning-fast release and the highest three-point percentage of anyone in the shootout, the lone rook of the contest is ready to make it rain like it’s March Madness 2008.

John Greely:

H-O-R-S-E

Rajon Rondo
Rondo! Using an awkwardly versatile repertoire, Rajon should be all the rage in this contest. As long as his opposition steers clear of the free throw line, the Celtics floor general has this one covered.

All-Star Game

The West
With everyone on the court playing spectator, the team with the taller players will clearly have a leg up. The West has four seven-footers, while the East has none. Need I say more?

Slam Dunk

Nate Robinson
Is it fair to the taller players that Nate’s high-flying acrobatics look so much cooler? Probably not, but the bottom line is that all dunks look better if you have to jump over Dwight Howard just to reach the rim.

Three-Point Shootout

Chauncey Billups
Old school will take it down when Mr. Big Shot edges an overeager Steph Curry. Don’t be fooled by Channing Frye’s big-man stroke — his bricks will be far from Shaqtastic.