At last night’s five hour meeting, the Associated Students doled out $63,437.68 to 21 student organizations.

The board fully funded nine organizations including Peer Education Program, the Multicultural Center Governance Board, Theta Nu Kappa, Hermanas Unidas and the Ecology, Evolution & Marine Biology Graduate Student Symposium. The board also partially funded another 11 organizations, including Colleges Against Cancer, Sigma Chi Omega, Los Ingenieros, Black Student Union and the College Link Outreach Program. The UCSB Dance Team was the only student group — of the 22 in attendance last night — that did not receive any funding.

The MCC Governance Board requested $7,000 to feature politically minded hip hop group Dead Prez at a campus concert.

According to Sinead Kennedy, a fourth-year biology major and MCC Governance Board member, the money would pay for the band and cover professional security costs so as to keep ticket prices moderate.

Board member Jorge Solis disagreed on this point, saying the Governance Board could raise ticket prices instead of asking A.S. for such a sizeable amount.

“$7,000 is a lot of money,” Solis said.

After some debate, the board decided to fully fund the MCC’s request.

The College Link Outreach Program requested a total of $9,280 to assist students from 13 underprivileged schools in the Los Angeles area in preparing for college life.

CLOP Co-chair Fernando Pena said the program had 120 participants last year. This year, he said, they want to give the out-of-town students a college guidebook as well as an SAT prep book.

Board member Paige Blatt said that giving two of each book to every student was unnecessary, considering its $5,000 price tag.

“Can’t that be put on another outreach program?” Blatt asked.

Fellow board member Jose Magana said the books would be great tools for disadvantaged students.

The board’s final decision was to allocate $4,190 for food costs, service charges, the college prep books for each student and two SAT books per school.

The largest allocation of the night was to Los Ingenieros, who received $13,307 to cover transportation costs for their 11th annual outreach event, which targets high school engineering students.