After dominating the airwaves worldwide with her 2006 hit, “Hips Don’t Lie,” Colombian superstar Shakira is now looking to translate that success to dance floors with She Wolf. The new 12-track LP explores new territory for the artist, fixating around an electronic dance vibe while maintaining hints of Shakira’s signature fusion of Middle Eastern and Latin sounds. Throw Shakira’s witty lyrics into the mix, and you get pure pop perfection: She Wolf is loaded with club bangers and radio-ready hits.

In order to make a smooth transition from the pop-rock sound of 2005’s Oral Fixation, Vol. 2 to the world of electronic music in She Wolf, Shakira enlisted hit-making talent like The Neptunes and John Hill (Santogold), to produce a bulk of the tracks, and many of these are among She Wolf’s best.

Among the key cuts of Wolf is the Hill-produced “Mon Amour,” a new-wave kiss-off track that recalls the ethereal harmonies of The Beach Boys and layers hand claps, synthesizers and loud guitars, which makes cursing an ex-boyfriend all the sweeter.

Another standout track is The Neptunes-produced “Did It Again,” which has Shakira lamenting about dating douchebags over the ambient sound of an accordion layered over snare drums and more synthesizers. The track delivers Shakira’s most fun lyrics to date, as she sighs, “You were so full of yourself / but damn were you cute as well.”

The album also has its fair share of disco-tinged tracks, with the Crystal Castles-inspired “Men in This Town,” which starts off with only a guitar that is later consumed by glittering synthesizers equipped with a hook declaring Shakira to be so “fresh and clean.” John Hill keeps the booty-shaking tracks coming, and the retro-sounding titular track has a baseline that sounds as if it were ripped from a track playing in Studio 54 during the ’70s.

The momentum slows down on the Amanda Ghost-produced “Gypsy,” which seems like an out-of-place track left over from the Fixation sessions, more stripped down than electronic.

With She Wolf, Shakira seems to be genuinely having a good time from track to track without getting bogged down in complex lyrics and droopy ballads. The songstress cuts loose by releasing her inner she wolf over the album’s electronic sound which makes this set more fierce and enjoyable than anything she has done before.