I’ve always believed in live and let live, but this is unacceptable. What the hell is wrong with 52% of California voters (and voters in many other states)? I know my home of Orange County probably played a big part in this proposition getting passed. I feel ashamed to have grown up in such a place.

I’ve always tried to be respectful of other people’s beliefs, but I don’t know if I can anymore. These religious factions are holding California, America and the world back from progressing and their refusal to GROW THE FUCK UP has made today bittersweet for me.

When those people who so staunchly use God as a veil for their insecurities and hate it astonishes and saddens me.

If you voted yes on Prop. 8 I hope you realize how much pain you are causing thousands and millions of people who simply cannot live as they want to live. Nothing you say in support of it makes sense and never will make sense to anyone, logically, poetically, factually, emotionally, etc.

We were not impeding on your beliefs, the right for gay people to marry has no affect on what you believe or how you live.

With Obama getting elected I have hope that sooner rather than later, this awful proposition of hate will be overturned. I’ve lost a lot of hope in everything lately, but even with this blow I still can see that there are things we can do to make it right.

So I’m calling a death to organized religion. It is a relic that has turned from a quaint family tradition to a dangerous monster that will not simply live and let live. Let’s change those hearts and those minds show and them that they don’t need to be scared anymore. This imaginary being is holding everyone back. Let it go.