Thanks to that All American Rejects video) and, well, everyone in the world already knowing about it, I’m sure you’ve heard of PostSecret. Frank Warren created the blog three years ago as a sort of experiment. People write their secrets on a postcard and send them to Warren. The authors of the secrets are completely anonymous. Every Sunday, Warren updates the blog with about 20 new secrets.

I live for Sunday Secrets. Sometimes they’re hilariously funny (but actually, no extremely witty ones this week). Sometimes they’re confessions of some practical joke. Sometimes they’re written by people who seem scarily close to breaking. A big reason why I like the secrets so much is that I feel like I get to eavesdrop on a tiny but incredibly important part of someone else’s life. But at the same time, it’s tough for me to read these secrets written by someone who so obviously needs a friend, and I can’t do anything.

That’s where the PostSecret community comes in. It’s an online forum where people can chat about this week’s secrets and divulge into the deeper meaning behind it all. The whole site is a pretty emo place to hang out. When I’m having one of those days where I feel like emo-ing out, I’ll watch some PostSecret videos on YouTube. I suppose it’s comforting to know that there are other people who are hurting more than me, or who have some deep, dark, horrible secret that’s worse than anything I could picture. I’ve fantasized once or twice about sending in my own secrets, but I can never figure out what I’d want to say. I have very few secrets. I can’t decide if that’s because I’m an open person, or because I just haven’t done enough living yet.