Thursday (5/24): The award-winning documentary “The Education of Shelby Knox” follows a young girl struggling to get more comprehensive sex education at her high school, despite the fact that many people in her conservative Christian town in Texas would like to see abstinence-only education as the norm. This groundbreaking film screens at 7 and 9 p.m. at I.V. Theater, courtesy of VOX: Voices for Planned Parenthood.

Friday (5/25): “Angels in America” deals with sex, religion, AIDS and relationships, and it is a must-see. Theatre UCSB will present the first half of the two-part play, “Part One: Millennium Approaches” at 8 p.m. in the Hatlen Theatre. For ticket information, call (805) 893-3535.

Saturday (5/26): Comedy Central’s Peter Berman will headline the I.V. Stand Up Comedy Show at Embarcadero Hall tonight. Comics Anonymous provides this weekly romp through the wonderful world of wild standup, and tickets are just $5. The show starts at 9 p.m.

Sunday (5/27): Spend your Sunday with some serious sculptures, as the Santa Barbara Contemporary Arts Forum presents “Tomorrow Belongs to Me,” a series of sculptures and installations by Delia Gonzalez and Gavin Russom that explore the idea of magic via the medium of Formica. The forum is open from noon to 5 p.m. today, and it is located at 653 Paseo Nuevo.

Monday (5/28): Famous for his 1972 novelty hit “Dead Skunk,” Loudon Wainwright III is a folk singer-songwriter in the tradition of Bob Dylan, with a more humorous edge. Wainwright is well-known for his exuberant onstage persona that he will be bringing with him to SOhO tonight. The show starts at 8 p.m., and it is for all ages.

Tuesday (5/29): The award-winning “Sweet Land” deals with the life and times of a young German immigrant who comes to Minnesota and settles down with a Norwegian farmer, only to arouse the suspicions of those darn nosy neighbors. The film is screening at 7:30 in Campbell Hall tonight, and tickets are just $5 for UCSB students.