Arts & Lectures presents a double-billed performance by Grammy-winning vocalist Dianne Reeves along with trumpeter Terence Blanchard. People magazine calls Reeves’ voice an “awesome instrument,” and Vanity Fair describes Blanchard’s playing as “an astonishingly fluid language both luxurious and controlled.” The performance will take place in Campbell Hall beginning at 8 p.m. Tickets are $45/general and $19/students. Also, the Planned Parenthood Action Fund presents “Speaking of Sex,” a live reading of “fun and sexy” stories written by Woody Allen, T.C. Boyle and others, read by local performers. The event will take place at the Lobero Theatre at 7:30 p.m. Tickets range from $25-$50.

Magic Lantern Films presents a screening of “The Goonies,” the classic 1980s adventure tale of a group of kids who embark on a hunt for pirates’ buried treasure. There will be screenings held at Isla Vista Theater 1 at 7:30 and 10 p.m. Tickets are $4 at the door. Or, if you’ve already seen that flick and you’re in the mood for some rock, head down to Los Angeles to see Ben Lee and Har Mar Superstar perform. Lee will surely be spreading his poppy cheer through the room, while Har Mar will be spreading his greasy sex all over the place. They’ll be performing at the Troubador, which is located at 9081 Santa Monica Blvd. in West Hollywood. The show starts at 8 p.m. Tickets are $13/general at www.ticketmaster.com.

Arts & Lectures, along with the UCSB Center for Film, Television and New Media present a dialogue with Lionel Barber, Bill Lee and Jacob Weisberg, who are all editors at their respective national publications. They will engage in a moderated discussion surrounding the issues of media ownership and media bias. The talk will be held at the Lobero Theatre beginning at 3 p.m. Tickets are $10/general and $5/students. Or, if you’d rather just enjoy media without musing over it, go see Moby perform at the Wiltern LG, located on the corner of Wilshire and Western in Los Angeles. The show starts at 9 p.m. All Ages. Tickets are $35 at www.ticketmaster.com.

On Sunday, the Santa Barbara Museum of Art will be hosting a workshop on Ikebana flower arranging in conjunction with their exhibition of 17-20th century Japanese painting, which is currently on view through July 17. The workshop includes an exhibition tour. $25/SBMA members and $35/non-members. See www.sbmuseart.org for more information. On Monday, Arts & Lectures presents a screening of “The Take,” a documentary film about a group of Buenos Aires employees who take over their shut-down factory. Come get in to this rousing struggle between ordinary workers against the ruling elite and the powerful forces of global capitalism. The screening will be held in Campbell Hall at 7:30 p.m. $6/general and $5/students.

The Associated Students Program Board will be presenting another of its noontime concerts. Mellowdrone will be rocking out in Storke Plaza. Check ’em out, there’s no reason not to since it’s free. Later in the evening, ASPB will be presenting yet another full-filled event: a screening of “Wet Hot American Summer,” everybody’s favorite teenage summer camp movie. You might want to check out this film if you haven’t seen it already, because who wouldn’t like a movie whose tagline is “High Times. Hard Bodies. Soft Rock” This screening will take place al fresco on the Lagoon Lawn. So head over and pretend that summer is already here.

Singer/songwriter Shawn Mullins will be appearing in Santa Barbara at SOhO Restaurant and Music Club. Mullins has been putting out albums for some time now, and caught mainstream attention in 1998 with his song “Lullaby.” While he’s currently working on his next album he’s taking the time to play a few acoustic shows. So have dinner and check it out. Show starts at 8 p.m. Must be 21+. See www.sohosb.com for ticket information. Also, the Department Dept. of Art and the College of Creative Studies present its weekly art symposium. This week Miki Garcia, director of the Santa Barbara Contemporary Arts Forum will be speaking about life as a gallery director. The free symposium will be held at I.V. Theater 1 at 5 p.m.